Home Unreal Engine

[UDK] Plane not showing in inport viewport (also cant be selected when in game world)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
PlasmaticJj polycounter lvl 8
Apology’s for this being an amateur question (I assume it is) also apology’s for my spelling, (Dyslexic, but using a spellchecker)

Anyway straight to business, I am preparing for my Graduation show and final hand in of my Environment project at the moment (hand in is on the 6th so rely working on it day and night now) my problem is I’m trying to import a plane for an opacity map to be placed in front of these cylinders (it’s part of a Chinese roof and I’m trying to fix up the ends)

What happens is when I import the plane mesh it is seemingly hidden in the viewport of the inspector? When I applied the texture to it and put it in the world it seemed to work well until I couldn’t re-select it again and it disappearing when the game starts (I’m assuming because I hadn’t saved it for that part).

Any solution or am I going to have to create a very flat form of cube?

Capture_4.jpg

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    First, you should place them in front of the roof parts in your modeling program, and attach them to the roof mesh, so it would be more optimized. Second, Yeah its probably because you didn't save. Third, Have you tried rotating it in the static mesh editor? It says 2 triangles there, so it must be there. Try to rotate it :)
  • PlasmaticJj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PlasmaticJj polycounter lvl 8
    Obscura wrote: »
    First, you should place them in front of the roof parts in your modeling program, and attach them to the roof mesh, so it would be more optimized. Second, Yeah its probably because you didn't save. Third, Have you tried rotating it in the static mesh editor? It says 2 triangles there, so it must be there. Try to rotate it :)

Thank you! Turned out it was rely small (as expected but didn’t expect it to appear that way in the viewport). So yes, you are correct, it does exist :D. Also its allowing me to select the plane now which is helpful.

Also do you mean attach them in terms of combining them (using Maya)? Or as part of the mesh?
    At the moment what I’m doing is using them to hide the low poly cylinder ends.

Thank you again!
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    I'm not using maya, so I don't know what "combining" exactly means there. But, Those little planes should be subobjects (element in Max) of the roof mesh. So its probably the "part of the mesh" thing. I hope this helps.