Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: onelung

Replies

• MeintevdS
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Oh man I'm gonna follow this sketchbook. Love me some traditional sculpting threads, especially if there are also WIP shots.
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Sick :):) the presentation itself is great too!!
  • onelung
    Offline / Send Message
    onelung polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks guys! I'll try and include more WIP shots. I strayed away from that this past year just to keep myself moving forward and to not get overly caught up in the forums, but I need to get back into it and get the valuable feedback.
  • spitty
    Offline / Send Message
    spitty polycounter lvl 17
    congrats adam this really turned out great. does the original clay model get damaged in the mold making process?

the painting on his eyes, lips, and the blood is disgustingly good!

this would make a lovely centerpiece for your dining room table :)
  • spitty
    Offline / Send Message
    spitty polycounter lvl 17
  • onelung
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Eric, really appreciate the kind words. HA, I'll have to push that idea to the wife ;)

In general, yeah, your sculpture will get kinda jacked, so prepare yourself for heartbreak. That said, it really depends on how you mold it and the number of pieces you do it in, but you'll have to re-assemble, and use molding compounds that have very little shrinkage so the pieces will fit back into whatever holes/ slots. I'll try and snag a few pics of the pieces after molding, but if you sculpt in something like monster clay you can always just put your sculpture back together and re-sculpt the messed up parts.

This piece was done in regular old clay so it was already dried out before I started molding so it was ready to fall apart, but surprisingly it only broke into 3 pieces.
  • onelung
    Offline / Send Message
    Updating with some Digital work. Here is my Bebop that I finally got time to finish up properly.

Schuman_Bebop_Beauty.jpg

Schuman_Bebop_Presentation.jpg

Schuman_Bebop_Construction.jpg

Schuman_Bebop_Zsculpt.jpg
  • wizo
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Kawabunga dude ; )

great piece, totally feels like bebop,
    plus I really like all the details, broken chain, ripped pants and presentation
    Gratz on finishing this guy!
  • Fritzell
    Offline / Send Message
    Fritzell polycounter lvl 7
    Awesome work here! I really dig the parasite sculpt!
  • onelung
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo- Thanks dude! I had too many ideas to give it the love before the deadline, but was really fun to think of all the stuff I wanted him to have. I really dig redoing these classics.

Fritzell- Thank you :)

Back to more digital art doodling. I've had a lot more time to catch up on games since moving to So Cal, and had to make some fan art of Azmadon from Diablo III. Such a badass design. I did a stomach mouth on a character a few years back, and this is a MUCH better design. I have been using the cinematic version on Blizzards site as my concept, but strayed here and there.

WIP
    Azmadon_Schuman_wip.jpg