Home Technical Talk

Zbrush unsculptable object? Help

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
Hello,

I have been sculpting some stuff today and after I've done some texturing all my subtools have become unsculptable.

They are not masked, I still can subdivide them and modify geometry through "Deformation" pallete, etc. However all brushes act as if object isnt there. So if I try to sculpt, object starts to rotate as if I try to press on the canvas outside of the object area.

Can anyone tell what is going on?

Replies

• Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    It's hard to say whats happening. Have you tried appending a new suptool and see if you're unable to sculpt on that? have you tried clearing your canvas and redrawing your subtool before sculpting again?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have been texturing using projection master and it seems like my tools were going into this mode after I would "pick up" the object. it also becomes darker like if theres 30% black color overlay on all meshes. Also I have tried to see if default tools are fine, and it applies to them too.

Only way to fix that was to restart zbrush, and sculpt on default primitives first before I load tools that went into this bugged mode. If I wouldnt sculpt on default tools first, imported meshes still have that bug and apply it to all other meshes again. Weird stuff. :poly142:
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I have been texturing using projection master and it seems like my tools were going into this mode after I would "pick up" the object.

If you draw a new tool onto the document with an RGB/Z intensity at anything less than 100, you run into errors like this. At extremely low values its very easy to spot (the tool takes on a transparent quality), but if the value is around 98 or 99 then the tool looks normal (but has the brush behavior you describe). If you're using projection master, then chances are the intensity values are changing before it reenters edit mode.

You should be able to exit edit mode, clear the document, boost the intensity back to 100, and reenter edit mode.
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @cryrid, it worked man! THANK YOU!!!
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    cryrid wrote: »
    If you draw a new tool onto the document with an RGB/Z intensity at anything less than 100, you run into errors like this. At extremely low values its very easy to spot (the tool takes on a transparent quality), but if the value is around 98 or 99 then the tool looks normal (but has the brush behavior you describe). If you're using projection master, then chances are the intensity values are changing before it reenters edit mode.

You should be able to exit edit mode, clear the document, boost the intensity back to 100, and reenter edit mode.

Thanks cryrid - this just saved my sanity. Sorry for the necro but it's a surprising thing that might catch folk out!
  • < ASH >
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    < ASH > polycounter lvl 13
    cryrid wrote: »

Even if I have been using ZBrush for a long time I've never known about this issue, I have been lucky enough not to bump into it or it would have drive me crazy. :poly127:
    Many thanks for sharing this cryrid ! :)