Hitman Absolution environment

Replies

• wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx quad damage
    looking good.
    Lightshaft still looks like sprinkles.
    The Particle effect going on the furthest lightshaft to the right seems way to big!

Otherwise, good job!!
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    excellent updates!

one thing thats really jumping out at me however is the disconnect of the objects to the floor. a few of your pieces look like they're actually floating above the floor (the chrome trash can and the chair to its left specifically). the concept really nails in that feeling of lights beating down on the environment. being lit from above, as most of the shadows are directly underneath the objects. in your case however, the foreground objects look like they are casting no shadows whatsoever. id say tweak the lighting to have the shadows match the concept a bit more, and maybe even boost the AO (which will help in some areas).
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadacer polycounter lvl 6
    FDmPw3A.jpg
    Thanks for the thoughtful critique Oniram!
    Today I have textured the printer and the photographs, tweaked some other things and also resculpted the ceiling supports, as they looked a bit drab otherwise.
    GLa8g9n.jpg
    I'm starting to set stuff to different light channels now to counteract the bloom...still got to fiddle with it to get the bloom where I would like it though. Although it's hard to tell, I also added image-based reflections to the floor to try to simulate the reflective nature of the concept.
    Oniram, I turned up the lights/AO and doubled up the lightmap res on the floor, but for some reason the objcts still look too bright. I might experiment more tomorrow, still can't figure out how to get dominant shadows on the left wall -_-.
    Wirrex, I turned down the dust motes on the lightshafts.
    Still stuff I've added needs texturing, and still the lighting deserves a bit of tweaking, but overall getting close to wrapping this up.
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZOktixl.jpg
    Today I added the fire extinguisher texture, altered the lighting, and pulled out the wall with the TV a bit more to reveal more of the room. I also textured the wall conduits and, for a bit of fun, added numerous sticky notes about the office.
    This project is nearing its end now I feel, however given the chance I would probably never call it done, there's always a way to improve.
    The only textures remaining belong to the assets I added into the scene personally, like the pens, desk phone etc. I will be finishing these off in the coming week.
    In the meantime, any critique?
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    really ace'n this environment. the logo on the coffee mug looks stretched horizontally. and whats the width on your doors? They look wide to me. Could just be lens distortion though.
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wiDae21.jpg
    Today I added the phone/tower unit texture, and some more newspapers on the floor. The enviro is now on the verge of completion, any crits?
    P.s. thanks Coots, didn't have time to fix those today but will crack on with it tomorrow :)
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    uqbEhbo.jpg

I feel this is about finished now, I changed the computer monitor's texture a bit, added the drawing pin texture/scaled them down, and did a bit more set dressing, adding some falling rain outside the windows.
    CE8HJMq.jpg
    For the interior room, I wasn't sure what approach to take, so i made it into an office/admin area with dividers and desks. I'm still tossing up whether to go back in and expand it into a much longer room.
    SrgUvjt.jpg
    Another shot of the office.
    3isBSf8.jpg
    Windows with rain effects.
    Any changes you'd like to see? Critique? Comment away!
  • Hayden Zammit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
    10/10

What's the go with that red line at the bottom left?

Better do a breakdown too. This came out awesome.
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://macerart.blogspot.co.uk/
    I made a blog for that breakdown you requested Hayden, it's got some renders in it and just a general runthrough of the creative process.
    Though, to be honest it could never look this good without the help of you guys on Polycount, so thanks again :)
  • TheQuietPotato
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Hey,

great work on this scene, it has come together nicely!

For presentations sake, it would be worth your while to take a large screen shot, shrink it a bit in photoshop and run a sharpen filter over it. This will help some details pop a bit and remove some of the blurriness at the same time.
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Brandoon, will do just that for my portfolio shot :)