Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Batman

I have not posted in some time, this project had to take a back seat back now with an update, still some work to do , but see what you think

Replies

• Conrad
  • Thaurdol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thaurdol polycounter lvl 7
    I'm not an expert in anatomy or character modeling yet, I plan to add that later to my skillset. But to me it seems like this guy would have a hard time moving around. The material doesn't give me a flexible feeling and especially the loop around the elbow doesn't seem to me like it would even bend.

Edit:

I would also definately do more reference research on the cloak. I don't know from this point if it touches the ground or not but it seems unrealistic.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    I think this is a good start but I feel like it suffers from an overall lack of sharpness on the shapes you use. It looks like you the sculpt entirely in ZBrush (which isn't a bad thing necessarily) but the brushes you used were too soft or have been subdivided and smoothed since when you first inset the details. Some examples

• The ears on the cowl feel soft like they were pulled up with the move brush. No angles to them looks weird.
    • The logo on the chest feels like it was drawn as a mask with a soft edge brush and pulled out.
    • The lining on the gauntlets feels soft as well.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    praetus wrote: »
    I think this is a good start but I feel like it suffers from an overall lack of sharpness on the shapes you use. It looks like you the sculpt entirely in ZBrush (which isn't a bad thing necessarily) but the brushes you used were too soft or have been subdivided and smoothed since when you first inset the details. Some examples

• The ears on the cowl feel soft like they were pulled up with the move brush. No angles to them looks weird.
    • The logo on the chest feels like it was drawn as a mask with a soft edge brush and pulled out.

I second this.
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus wrote: »

Thanks a lot peeps. Appreciate the feedback. In regard to what material, it is supposed to metal plates over a skintight suit.would it read better if I made all his armour plates look more like leather plates? I was going for a more realistic armour costume but still agile, is that not coming across.what the advice be on lack of sharpness, go back into zbrush carve details in again? Once again thank you for the comments. Any other suggestions apart from things that have already been said? Il get with the edits
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am thinking of editing or completely removing the rib protectors cheers thaurdol for pointing out he looks like hed have restricted movement, any other suggestions on improving? ill post some images with edits soon
  • Conrad
  • KartoonHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KartoonHead polycounter lvl 4
    try not to get trigger happy with the post effects,
    batmanlevels.jpg

I also second that the logo on the chest looks a bit off, maybe try using an alpha? Other than that it's all looking pretty sweet.
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    try not to get trigger happy with the post effects,
    batmanlevels.jpg

I also second that the logo on the chest looks a bit off, maybe try using an alpha? Other than that it's all looking pretty sweet.

thank you ill try not too lol any other critique?
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh i didnt spot the message below sorry yes im going to redo his batsymbol thank you
  • Greg DAlessandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Greg DAlessandro polycounter lvl 6
    I'm not sure what it is, but something about the mouth (maybe the shape) seems off, or a bit weird.

Edit: As it is right now, the mouth reads like he is crying or sad. I think the second reason it looks off is how the fold in the cheek(not sure what it is called) is very straight (you can see a very defined triangle from the edges of the mouth to the edges of the nose. The third reason is how defined the edges of the lips are, look how the color and edges of the lips fade into the color of the face. (and less of like lipstick [from the picture below]) The last thing I would suggest is to bump up the saturation of the face. (unless it is intentional that you want him to look like he hasn't been in the sun much. (right now he is very pale, maybe a bit too much)

Here is an example to show of what I mean: (a more realistic/ less straight fold)

batman_arkham_origins_teaser.jpg
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Appreciate the comment will edit that cheers
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok ive been tweaking see what you think

tumblr_mrs9ieoGsF1rthtcvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrs9ieoGsF1rthtcvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrs9ieoGsF1rthtcvo3_1280.jpg
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok people im going to call him done but onto the rest of the scene gargoyles done, side of the building blocked out time to crack on with that

tumblr_mrweo5q3B31rthtcvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrweo5q3B31rthtcvo2_1280.jpg