Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Little Italy" restaraunt 3D Environment

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Joker_47 polycounter lvl 6
Hello fellas ! I decided to make modular building and thought what restaraunt "Puglia", based in New-York, will be the good choise (because it's have simple forms and etc). For now i have made windows, later i will make windows for the side building and make roof for both of them, and finally will make entrance.

original
IMG_3141.jpg

my work
8715302032_2c5ad4b2bd_k.jpg

Tell me what you like, what you didn't like, and if i done something wrong, please help

Have a nice day ! :poly124:

Replies

• switz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    switz polycounter lvl 10
    Very cool! Once you plug this into the engine of your choice, dont forget to make an env shader for the window-reflections.
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Cool building. Nice modular work. No crit's from me.

Looking good so far :)
  • ToffeeApple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ToffeeApple polycounter lvl 8
    I really like the windows - some great detail there. What stands out for me is that the green is very strong - a more desaturated green would match the reference a bit better.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    How did you set up your textures and materials? Do you have unique textures for all the colors? You could save a lot of resources by using a masking and coloring material instance, if you didn't do that already.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The green doesn't seem to match the reference. The hue is a bit off (the reference seems to be closer to blue than yours) and the saturation is very different - the reference has a very low saturation. I'm assuming the extreme weathering on that section in particular will occur much later in the development - I'm just referring to the overall color.

The curve of the arches above the windows seems more subtle in the reference.
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for feedback everybody ! Yeah i also noticed there too saturated green color, it's because i actualy didn't pay to much attention to texture, i made it for better visualization, i think i'll make proper texture when i finish modeling.
    How did you set up your textures and materials? Do you have unique textures for all the colors?

Thanks for advice, for now it's unique texture for all pieces, i really should have used masks.
    The curve of the arches above the windows seems more subtle in the reference.

Perhaps, i'll try to make them more subtle, and see what i will get.

So here is little update, without textures because i plan to work on it at the end.

8718250382_2684d58171_k.jpg

I think i'll change roof a little, because for now it's not too modular for me.
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update :

8726919126_7f81dc2c47_h.jpg

(looks like image have bad resolution :poly136:)

I guess my next update will be final.
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Nice breakdown, looking good so far.

Are you planning to import these into an engine? You could further reduce poly's and reduce unwanted seams/clipping by stapling some of those verts to the corners of your modular windows. They'll snap alot easier.
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d wrote: »
    Nice breakdown, looking good so far.

Are you planning to import these into an engine? You could further reduce poly's and reduce unwanted seams/clipping by stapling some of those verts to the corners of your modular windows. They'll snap alot easier.

Yes i plan to take it into the CryEngine, right now, leading by your advice, i reducing number of polys, update coming soon.
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finaly done.... i hope :)

8782474649_0c48bb74cc_o.jpg
    8789059976_76ebed012d_o.jpg

I decided to use UDK, instead of CryEngine, because there i have a little experience working with it.

Later i'll try to upload pictures with better resolution, and with wire if necessary.
  • TonyNowak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your not done. Try making the grooves and whatnot in the bricks come out more, from a distance, even that distance, it almost looks like just a sheet of white, orange, etc. You have to look hard to find the texture. Try tweaking the lighting a bit, it's way over saturated. The window reflections are also very low res and maybe the molding in the windows, etc. should be a different color. Try reworking the potted plant as well, it doesn't feel or look right with everything else.
  • Boozebeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boozebeard polycounter lvl 11
    It's too clean.
  • Bruno Afonseca
    It's a pretty good start, you can take it further! Would be a waste to just stop now.
    Also, I won't consider it done until I see a greentooth on it
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok i'll improve this, can't say when, but i will, and what most important, there will be greentooth )
  • minorthreat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    minorthreat polycounter lvl 7
    wow lookin' great! I think the potted plants could be improved, and it's kinda hard to tell what's going on with the sidewalk imo, is it a green carpet or fake grass? And what's the black square thing next to the first plant?