Home Technical Talk

Maya 2012 Crytek Sandbox Plugin ERRORS

I know that in order to export you need to jump through some hoops, maybe one of you crytekkies could gimme a shout.

523402_10152688414550247_1698996015_n.jpg

Replies

• FlynT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlynT polycounter lvl 8
    The first error can be solved by going in "Window - Settings/Preferences - Preferences" in the upcoming Window head to "Settings" and change the Time Dropbox under Working Units to NTSC 30fps. Kinda annoying since you have to do this every time.

The second one comes from an empty group, it looks like your cylinder is not in the group. Make sure to use the CryTools for this task.
    2rcnz

If all else fails, you can try Ruan's FBX Ex/Importer for the CE3.
    http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=315&t=94539
  • solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get an error every time I try and use cry tools
    // Error: Cannot find procedure "CryCP". //
  • solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlynT wrote: »
    The first error can be solved by going in "Window - Settings/Preferences - Preferences" in the upcoming Window head to "Settings" and change the Time Dropbox under Working Units to NTSC 30fps. Kinda annoying since you have to do this every time.

The second one comes from an empty group, it looks like your cylinder is not in the group. Make sure to use the CryTools for this task.

If all else fails, you can try Ruan's FBX Ex/Importer for the CE3.
    http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=315&t=94539

I get an error when I try and use crytools.
    // Error: Cannot find procedure "CryCP". //
  • FlynT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlynT polycounter lvl 8
    Mhh sounds like it's not installed the right way or not activated in Maya.

Makesure you followed the steps on the CryDev Wiki.
    http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC3/Installing+the+Maya+Tools

If you did, remember that you might have to enabled the module first in Maya in order to get it work. To do so, go to Window - Settings/Preferences - Plug-In Manager and check that the correct module is loaded. In your case it should be "MayaCryExport22012_64.mll"
  • solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats the far right button and the check mark button used for?
    the cry tools button seems to work fine.

558805_10152695996885247_799734329_n.jpg
  • FlynT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlynT polycounter lvl 8
    The script behind the check mark button is the "check for degraded faces" script.

I can't tell what the last button does since i never used it before, but it spits out the same error for me. The annotation of it says "Crytek Control Panel" maybe it's some internal crytek stuff or it's a deprecated feature from earlier versions. You shouldn't mind it since the export works without it, at least it does for me.
  • solarSailor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alright then, thanks :poly121:,
    I managed to get it to spit out a .cgf file called test.cgf and put it in a folder called customAssets, located in: C:\Users\Windows\games\CryEngine\Game\customAssts

but unlike UDK there is no import button in the material editor or asset browser, is there a specific folder these files need to be in?
    I know that in Unity 3d you just drag and drop your files into a specific folder and your model will show up in the engine.
  • FlynT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlynT polycounter lvl 8
    Imports aren't needed in the CE3, but your exported assets must be located inside the Cryengine folder.

eg. X:\location-where-cryengine-is-isntalled\Game\Objects\folder-name-of-your-choice\assetname.cgf

The .mtl file will be stored in there too, so if you search your material file in the material editor it's located under Objects not Materials.

If you have the engine running while exporting, all you have to do is hit the Reload button in your Objects Tab and your assets should appear.