Home General Discussion

God of War 4

Replies

• crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    material definition is lovely, I was on the fence until seeing that 30 minute preview this morning. cant wait
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    crazyfool wrote: »
    material definition is lovely, I was on the fence until seeing that 30 minute preview this morning. cant wait

Same for me. I'm really excited about it now.
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    really impressed by the 30mn of gameplay video.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, that's convenient as I'll probably never actually play the game given thatI have no PS3 and that Kratos' tendency to kill everything in the most horrifying fashion possible makes me kind of squeamish.

EDIT: Heh, Kratos would be kind of screwed if he ever went up against a villain who wasn't stupid.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Anybody else playing this?

I managed to find some time yesterday with it and couldnt put it down, its beautiful!!!!!!!

I feel the reviewers have been hitting it quite hard due to the multiplayer add on which most people probably wont touch, but the game is definetly worth picking up. characters look great, environments are some of the best if not the best Ive ever seen. It looks next gen in places to me, and when you start rebuilding stuff the sheer amount of stuff going on is mind boggling. Some reviewers have said the story is a bit wishey washey which I would agree a little bit with. You dont really get told when this is happening and Im still a bit confused but the story on its own is really good but ultimately will probably not add much to the franchise when you compare it to 3 which had real consequence. Im about 4.5 hours in though so this might change, Im just hoping its not going to be short, Im already on chapter 18 of 30 and have died plenty, so will see.

Some reviewers have said the bosses arent as good as 3s which is true, but thats only because you take on really famous characters like hercules and zeus etc in 3. bosses in this are just mental!!!! I wish the names would pop up underneath now and then so you know who you are taking on instead of mindless massive bastard number 4 haha. But they are a spectacle definetly.

main gripe so far is with the combat for me, its very two hits then roll away, then come back in and hit them two more times and repeat. They also swarm you with enemies which at the start you have no real way of countering until you level up a fair bit. His roll out of the way doesnt always work and so you have to learn not to button mash. It feels very much like the last twilight that my lady made me watch, copious amounts of violent is enough to forgive haha. Its fun as hell though when you get used to it.

And Kratos' arms are soooooo loooonnnnnnng haha, Im not sure if he has that extra long thumb thing aswell so he can hold stuff easily, just looks a bit funky in a few select cut scenes. Might be wrong though

overall though its flipping fantastic :)
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Yes, yes, yes. Really liking it so far, I agree that the storyline is a bit vague like - not so much a definition of revenge as the last game was. The combat is amazing! Every enemy requires a different tactic to deal with them, also dependent on the amount. Graphics are top notch, and I've noticed that it feels more 'tweaked'. I'm only near the start but think there haven't been enough cutscenes for story progression so far. Don't think it will be as epic as 3, but a great game so far, and a nice bridge for the next installment.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    Glad you guys like it. The environments are so nice, they really out did themselves. Expect an art dump soon, we are doing the renders now.
  • almagwhitton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will there be a new God of War this year?