Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Concept art for 3D Artists

Hey everyone, I was browsing through my inspiration folder the other day and I realized that over the past couple of years I've managed to gather over 3000 pieces of art all related in some way to 3d (which is why most of us are here)

I decided that keeping all that to myself is crazy because there are so many 3d artists who could use more inspiration in their life. That is why I decided to create a tumblr blog for concept art and other inspiration for 3d artists.

The pictures I post will always be useful to 3d artists in some way, whether it's an environment you can re-create in 3d and add to your portfolio, or a simple prop you can use to improve your hard surface modeling.

Here's how it works;

1 post a day
Environments for two days, then something else (like concept art of a small prop, or a vehicle, etc)
Every weekend I'll create a .zip of the images posted that week, upload it and post it here.
On the 1st of each month I'll post a .zip containing all of the images posted that month.

---

Here's what I need from you!

Not all of the images have a watermark or something to indicate who the author is. I really want to give credit where credit is due even though this is a non-profit blog and I'm allowed to use the images even without giving credit. It's just a matter of principle. So if you see a picture with no information on the author please let me know so I can try to find the author.

There is no such thing as too much inspiration, so even though I've got more than enough images I'd love to have more so if you find some piece of art you feel is appropriate for this blog then by all means send it to me.

I've got some catching up to do so I went ahead and posted 31 pictures to the blog, one for each day in January. I'll post the remaining 18 later today.

Here's a little preview of the pictures posted in January(ish)
tumblr_mieuj5dkIa1s6o4nio1_1280.jpg
Concept art for a cancelled mech game. Art by Charles Liu

tumblr_mieue7i45j1s6o4nio2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mietw4Sc1y1s6o4nio9_1280.jpg
Team Fortress 2 Concept

tumblr_mietw4Sc1y1s6o4nio1_1280.jpg
Concept by Eric Spray
ericspray.blogspot.com

tumblr_mietw4Sc1y1s6o4nio6_1280.jpg
Doctor who concept art by Peter McKinstry

tumblr_mietw4Sc1y1s6o4nio4_1280.jpg
Shadowrun Concept art

All comments/criticism/complaints are welcome! Things usually don't improve unless someone points out its flaws ;)

Replies