Home Technical Talk

xNormal question

shinobix
polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
shinobix polycounter lvl 16
I've been looking around, and can't seem to find out anywhere on how to bake a simple colour map in xNormal. My highpoly object has been seperated by different materials with different colours, so that I can use the colours as selections in Photoshop... It works fine rendering out of 3DSMax as a diffuse map render, but in xNormal, I'm not having much luck.

Any help would be highly apprectiated!!

Cheers.

Replies

• C86G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    C86G greentooth
    Do you want to transfer the highpolys vertex colour or has the highpoly own textures?
    If it has vertex cols, go to the highpoly tab and scroll to the right and check UNcheck the "ignore HPs vertex cols" and choose the right option in the baking tab (vertex cols).

If the HP has textures, ignore the vertex cols in the highpoly tab (on the right) and bake HP´s base texture.

: )
  • Gestalt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gestalt polycounter lvl 11
    You can get the vertex color baked from xNormal, so if you poly paint you can get that color from your high poly baked to a texture of your low poly. Is that what you mean? If it is it's the checckbox 'Bake highpoly vertex color'.
  • shinobix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shinobix polycounter lvl 16
    Oh! I didn't know that it used vertex colours. I was just setting up default materials with different colours, and assigning them to each part. I'll give the vertex colour method a go!

Thanks guys!! I'm just for the first time today trying out xNormal. Its way faster!!