Home General Discussion

Good mouse for modelling/Engines

Replies

• binopittan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still using microsoft WMO :p

C86G wrote: »
    I am also looking for a new mouse that works properly with 3d programs.
    I really need/want a big one! Problem with some mice I could test was that the mouse "button" was way to hard to use as a button.

Has anybody experience with steelseries products?

I have SS kinzu. Aside of troublesome braided cable it was okay i guess..
    But i,m not reccomending it since you're looking for big mouse and 'soft' button. SS mice considered hard to press compared to other brand i have tried. It's actually kinda loud as well (clicky sound).
  • crimeny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I personally like to model with using the keyboard as little as possible. so at first I was going to buy a Naga but then Logitech came out with the G700.
    its nice, all the buttons are different enough that you can identify the button by touch. i have it mapped out so that the top three buttons are translate, rotate and scale. and it comes with on-board memory so that I can use the mouse and my saved macros and preferences on any computer i use without having to install drivers on that computer.
  • maverickhornet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maverickhornet polycounter lvl 9
    I ended up getting the Logitec G400 mouse BTW! I shall give a small verdict when it arrives for future people!

Got a Razer large mouse mat too (the point of glass desks is...?), should be good!
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    most important is a tenkeyless keyboard, releaves he pain one gets from having the mouse on the far right
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    logitech mx518
  • .polygon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .polygon polycounter lvl 11
    i use a wacom pen. feels perfect. i does take a few weeks to get used to it
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    PFFF NOOBS

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCuw8pFNaAU&"]Newegg TV: Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Gaming Mouse - YouTube[/ame]
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Surprised that no one has mentioned anything about mechanical keyboards. All the mechanical keyboards I've used (Steelseries 6gv2, Razer Blackwidow, Corsair K90, daskeyboard) have all felt much better than any non mechanical ones I've used. Of those, the Corsair k90 is my favorite and it's the one I use at home. Built very solidly, and the keys feel great (the feel of the keys varies depending on the type of switch and your personal preference). Mechanical keyboards in general feel much better, last longer, and will be easier on your fingers.

For a mouse, I'm using the Steelseries Sensei right now, though it's nothing amazing. I've used a Razer Death Adder and Naga, and those were alright. For my next one I will probably try a logitech.