Home Technical Talk

I need "Little help"

Hello polycount ! I'm new in 3D art and i want ask 1 question.

What need to convert image in 3D ?

Don't be angry if i say stupid thing, i am new here and in 3d art.

Replies

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Hi Racta, welcome to Polycount :) Do you mean what is required to make a 3D model, or how you can convert a 2D image to 3D? If you give us an example it would be a lot easier to answer.
  • Racta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch wrote: »
    Hi Racta, welcome to Polycount :) Do you mean what is required to make a 3D model, or how you can convert a 2D image to 3D? If you give us an example it would be a lot easier to answer.

Thanks. I want convert 2D bmp image in 3D model. How i can do it ?

Example : Elone.png ( I want try to do mask. )
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you have a 3D app that you plan to work with and how comfortable are you with it?

One common way for people just starting out is to create a plane, apply the image to the plane making sure the dimensions are the same, and model on top of the plane or cut right into the plane itself.

Once people get more comfortable with the process they normally just skip the reference plane and eyeball it using simple shapes or whatever they think works the best.
  • Racta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you have a 3D app that you plan to work with and how comfortable are you with it?

One common way for people just starting out is to create a plane, apply the image to the plane making sure the dimensions are the same, and model on top of the plane or cut right into the plane itself.

Once people get more comfortable with the process they normally just skip the reference plane and eyeball it using simple shapes or whatever they think works the best.

I am using Autodesk 3ds max, and i yust started to use it so it might be problematic.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    You model it manually, OR you can use a PhotoModeler program.

The problem is with the second option that the model and texture won't look nice and clean.
  • Racta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay... Thanks.