Home General Discussion

Crysis 3

Replies

• Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    I'll eventually try this game, cause i had fun play crysis 2... but this game keeps getting sillier and sillier. Amazing visuals from some top notch artists wasted with silly design.

After creating a $BILLION+ suit that can do this!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGy2F6fec3A&ob=av3e"]Crysis 2 - Launch Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

my upgrade is a BOW? i can't get other this!!
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If only it were this LOL
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNisfD5Gw_k"]The True Partners (Crysis 2 Machinima) - YouTube[/ame]
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Oh shit, yes I am sorry. xD It is indeed a noun. But he still used it at the wrong place.

No.

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=conjugation&submit-result-SEARCHD=Search

No.4, ****tard. And don't try and tell a certified ESL teacher what's what in the future. You'll only look an ever bigger Muppet. I see you promises of GTFO this thread didn't hold up. Reported for OT. A bannings what you need.

I say we wait till we see what the bow can do before judging. I can understand people's argument that it seems a little low tech compared to the suit, but if it's silent, has explosive rounds, grappling rope attachments, could be cool.

I'd much rather see those bipedal baddies replaced. How they kept them even though a lot of people hated them in 2 is beyond me.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    "Liberty Dome"? Besides the crappy name, I recall seeing that in a Final Fantasy movie.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Ark wrote: »
    Can't see shit sir. What I thought I saw looked nice tho.
    I don't know if it's my eyes or my monitor but the flashy flashy quick changes = what did I see? :(
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know what you mean, lots o' lens flares + extremely low FOV (and the huge weapons as a result of said FOV) + darkness does not make a discernable gameplay trailer.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Edit: ^ This.

There's not much in the trailer to see.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Not just your eyes Wahlgren, could hardly make out most of what I saw either. Shame; would have been nice to have a better look at the graphics/game if not for the stupid editing.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FROG!! Insta-buy.

That was a nice trailer. They seem to be harking back to old school shooters, namely Turok and Unreal Tournament, what with the jungle, bow, and meaty scifi weapons with sexy silhouette. I also noticed and liked the very dynamic UI, very noice. Still got those enemies with the Japanese tentacle rape thingies hanging out the bad of their fuckin head but we gotta live with it I suppose.

Won't be a day one purchase though, cause I got burned last time. Will wait and see what people say about it after release, and play the demo.
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    The barrier city from FF:SW followed by epileptic explosion-fest.

I don`t really mind the bow though but why stop there, a sword would be even nicer.

Also as far as I`m concerned crysis shouldn`t have any aliens in it (unless they make them scary and the AI works) I thought crysis 1 was awesome up until the aliens showed up.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Sasochicken - they're "retailer exclusives" you have to pick one, then you can only get that one in a specific retailer.

Or if you live outside of the US / UK, you can't get it at all, as is often the case :/
  • kevlar jens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eeee, this game looks kinda shite.

By the looks of it, all you fight is aliens, which is dramatically less fun than fighting humans. The nanosuit and its abilities is obsolete when put up against the aliens, as they are on equal ground as you.

And the plot sounds beyond awful. "Hunt them all down, and take back the city" - lmao. Having to once again win back New York can be compared to having to rewrite an essay after the word-file corrupts as you're writing the last sentence.

As for the graphics (ie. the Crysis-franchise's selling-point), they seem to remain about the same (still nice of course, but I feel Crysis 3 should have wow'd us. much like 1 and 2 did)

When breaking it down it's easy to see why the bow (which looks like a LMG in first person view btw) is being used to market this game- it's basically the only really unique part of this new installment.

Crysis 2.5
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought Qohor was the greatest city on earth?
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    I thought Qohor was the greatest city on earth?
    That ever was or will be... :)
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    I'm looking forward to playing more crysis, the second one was stellar.
    I want to see some other enviros than dark flooded new york street jungles in the next trailers.
  • nathdevlin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathdevlin polycounter lvl 12
    Like all games I'll wait until it's in my hands before really judging it. Trailers nice. I've only finished Crysis 2 and enjoyed it. Crysis Maximum Edition arrived today to try me PC with 64bit Crysis. Hope it's better than 2 as most say.
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    Is it just me or was it hard for anyone else to make out what was happening? With all these effects and explosions and awkward alien designs my brain is getting lost in the visual soup.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Hmm.. I suppose it'll be an origin exclusive?
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Andreas wrote: »
    No.

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=conjugation&submit-result-SEARCHD=Search

No.4, ****tard. And don't try and tell a certified ESL teacher what's what in the future. You'll only look an ever bigger Muppet. I see you promises of GTFO this thread didn't hold up. Reported for OT. A bannings what you need.

I say we wait till we see what the bow can do before judging. I can understand people's argument that it seems a little low tech compared to the suit, but if it's silent, has explosive rounds, grappling rope attachments, could be cool.

I'd much rather see those bipedal baddies replaced. How they kept them even though a lot of people hated them in 2 is beyond me.

you need to dial your shit down, behave and get the fuck off my back is what you need. Also you need to learn to read. I said I'll leave, I never promised.

Now without telling me what I need or what need to do, why dont you behave in kind and enjoy posting your shit here.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I literally cannot believe you did not let this go.
    Ryswick wrote: »
    Hmm.. I suppose it'll be an origin exclusive?

Natch. Should have picked up Crysis 1 in a steam sale when I had the chance. :(
    nathdevlin wrote: »
    Like all games I'll wait until it's in my hands before really judging it. Trailers nice. I've only finished Crysis 2 and enjoyed it. Crysis Maximum Edition arrived today to try me PC with 64bit Crysis. Hope it's better than 2 as most say.

I'm curious, is there any kind of origin authenticator added on to this now?
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Nitewalkr. I've reported you, too. This is beyond ridiculous now.

The new gameplay trailer. It's put me off even more than the bow, as it's all set in the murky depths of a jungle, that's suddenly grown in the middle of a city - Which makes no sense, unless it's been a few decades inbetween Crysis 2 and 3?
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    I'm a huge bow/archery fan. At first I was annoyed with the bow, since it makes no sense (dont get me started on the avengers). But I can let is slide aslong as the game is fun.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Is it just me or is the story becoming completely asinine?

So there are these aliens in New York and a bunch of other places in the world. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Then to contain these aliens they deiced to build big domes over them. These domes are larger than and engulf multiple skyscrapers. They would require multiple years to build them. The aliens are like, cool domes bra, were just going to chill here while you build them around us and not, oh idk, move like 20 miles down the road.

And they have to build these domes over a big warzone filled with aliens and infected humans. These domes are also made of glass that apparently the aliens cannot break because its super strong glass?

Ha seems so ridiculous. I of course can see the reason for this bubble dome thing to give the "seven wonders" thing. But honestly while it will be cool see varied environments, with a one year dev cycle it just comes off as throwing moss/sand/snow ontop of the assets already created for Crysis 2. Which obviously is great for profit but I feel running around the game I would be like, oh hey its the exact same game, same assets with moss and shit on them.

Hopefully that wont be the case, but so far it seems likely.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    GUYS, GUYS, SERIOUSLY!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff144/derFeef/gifs/Crysis3/bc8b1c49.gif

LOOK AT THE FROGS! aaaaaw yea! Hey i loved the wildlife in Crysis 1, punching frogs was the best feature ever.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Snefer wrote: »
    GUYS, GUYS, SERIOUSLY!

LOOK AT THE FROGS! aaaaaw yea! Hey i loved the wildlife in Crysis 1, punching frogs was the best feature ever.

Preordered 5 copies, phoned my grandmother and told her about it.

GOTYAY
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Come on, kids. Play nice. Keep this thread on topic.

Infractions have been given the guilty parties.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryswick wrote: »
    Preordered 5 copies, phoned my grandmother and told her about it.

GOTYAY

PFF I liked the frogs before it was cool! [/hipstercat]

Watching the trailer again, noticed how awesome the lighting is in the jungle areas. Very nice.

Kinda worried for this game though. It's common practice to hate on shooters these days (and buy them anyway) but when it happens to CoD, it's kinda just related to how its the same game again. With the hate I'm seeing for this game though, I dunno, seems like it might not sell? People seem to be offering very precise reasons why it's not for them. Did Crytek shoot themselves in the foot (again?). Not that it would affect them, cause they are balls deep in military contracts.
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know...I watched the new trailer now... I cannot help it, but I really...
    facepalm.jpg
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith wrote: »
    The new gameplay trailer. It's put me off even more than the bow, as it's all set in the murky depths of a jungle, that's suddenly grown in the middle of a city - Which makes no sense, unless it's been a few decades inbetween Crysis 2 and 3?

Supposedly it's like 20 years later, and with the amount of flooding that happens in Crysis 2 that's probably going to be the most logical part of the whole game.

I'll wait to see more before writing off completely as there were some pretty cool moments in 2, but as it is right now I'm just not remotely impressed.
  • Aigik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am a little worried that this game is rushed out and will feel like more of a Crysis 2 expansion pack rather than a full on Crysis 3, but considering that I've enjoyed both Crysis games so far, I'll give Crytek the benefit of the doubt. Nearly everyone else I've talked to didn't like Crysis 2 that much, and thought it was "meh", but I loved the game. It was easily my favorite game of 2011. I thought it was a huge improvement over the original as far as combat goes (enemies were no longer bullet sponges), and I thought the graphics were excellent. I'll be looking forward to this game.

Crysis is supposed to be a trilogy right? I'm really looking forward to what Crytek does after Crysis.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    No dubstep in the trailer ? Well that was kinda odd.
    :D
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Trailer is a bit too flashy. But why all the haters? Geeez.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    I guess because many felt that 2 was a step in the wrong direction from 1, and it seems that 3 is continuing more or less in that same direction. Not much to go on yet though, but not particularly excited myself from what we've seen so far :/ Still, plenty of time before it's out so could be quite different from what we're expecting.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aigik wrote: »
    Crysis is supposed to be a trilogy right? I'm really looking forward to what Crytek does after Crysis.

Next-gen Kinect games!

You think I'm kidding.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Snefer wrote: »
    GUYS, GUYS, SERIOUSLY!

That is going to be awesome! hahahaha power punch a frog....? LMAO!
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    WHY ARENT YOU ON STEAM
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Has that been confirm? It's certainly expected but has it actually been confirmed?
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/wareznoob/Untitled-14.jpg?t=1335399031

Possibly pilot a jet? What are those tentacle things rising out of the ground?

I hope we see the crysis 1 tentacle monsters again.
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, fiction-wise, these are the universe's least effective highly-advanced invaders. It's been, what, like 20 years now by the time of Crysis 3? And if 2 is to be believed, they've actually been on Earth for much longer?

Taking aside why the hell a species with technology to bridge astronomical distances chooses our planet and has trouble with humans, why do they pick the time in human history when we apparently have the prowess to fight back, anyone?
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    Aw man, I really loved the freedom on crysis 1, different ways to go into a base... this is just not the same. I hope it is more sandbox than 2 though, but no vehicles shown in trailer... meh
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov wrote: »
    So, fiction-wise, these are the universe's least effective highly-advanced invaders. It's been, what, like 20 years now by the time of Crysis 3? And if 2 is to be believed, they've actually been on Earth for much longer?

Taking aside why the hell a species with technology to bridge astronomical distances chooses our planet and has trouble with humans, why do they pick the time in human history when we apparently have the prowess to fight back, anyone?

I thought they were here all along just woken-up in the first game?

If I was going to try to make sense of it I'd figure that the aliens awoken in Crysis 1 called in support from their more advanced bretheren who arrived before Crysis 2. Hence the radically different design (alien evolution) and then the Crysis 3 aliens are just the stragglers that couldn't get out of the domes
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You'll just have to google it, I'm afraid.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Grats to Helder and all the Crytek dudes for making such an awesome looking game!
    I really enjoyed the first 2, so I'm pretty excited about part 3.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is that information even available?

Yep. In the UK it's Game and HMV that have exclusives at the moment (probably Amazon and Play too).
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Only kind of related - we (Crytek) won the official german video game award today for Crysis 2! While this is nice for us, it also marks the first time that a shooter won any kind of official award sponsored by the german government! (Also, some older guy from the government tried to stop us from winning it, but luckily the jury is independent).
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    original.png

saw this on kotaku today :) looks pretty tight.
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    Amazing art in there, truly amazing.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Here's some high res versions of what wasker posted. Last shot is supposedly rendered with 256 times AA or so

218UK.jpg
    rvm1b.jpgAY8nM.jpg
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Is it just me..or does he look really damn fat in that second shot?