Home General Discussion

Crysis 3

Replies

• kevlar jens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool, I guess. I enjoyed Crysis 2, despite it not being anything groundbreaking or overly unforgettable. And while it was a lot more linear than Crysis 1 I'd say it was a lot more fun to play.

For this I hope they'll perhaps give the player a bit more freedom, and sport a multiplayer that isn't a carbon copy of CoD, but rather something that fits a game like Crysis better. Half-open maps with vehicles (think Halo) would be swell.

Also, seeing as
    alcatraz and prophet lives on in the same suit now (or something)
    I'd like to see Crysis 3 play out as a buddycop film.

"I'm too old for this shit" Prophet, the soon-to-retire special operative, mutters as a squad of Cell-soldier repel in through the windows, whereas the trigger-happy rookie Alcatraz overflows with excitement.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    So much hate for something that no one saw, or even know anything about! :P
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, seeing as
    alcatraz and prophet lives on in the same suit now (or something)
    I'd like to see Crysis 3 play out as a buddycop film.

Pretty sure
    Prophet killing shooting himself in the head after giving Alcatraz the suit
    would make that difficult.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    At the end of the game you find out that Alcatraz binds with Prophet's consciousness that remained in the suit. He refers to himself as "Prophet" in the final scene.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Pretty sure
    Prophet killing shooting himself in the head after giving Alcatraz the suit
    would make that difficult.
    The suit was as much Prophet as the man himself was, when it integrated itself with Alcatraz, it implanted a lot of Prophets personality at the same time. my understanding of it was pretty much that:

Alcatraz is the man
    Prophet is the suit

the suit was slowly taking over the man, as more and more of the suit was required for the man to even stay breathing.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm, despite enjoying most of the game, I completely lost intrest in the story by the end and just couldn't bring myself to pay attention.
    if the last fight hadn't been so stupidly easy on hard, followed by pushing a button I might have had a reason to care
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    [HP] wrote: »
    So much hate for something that no one saw, or even know anything about! :P

You're right, if only someone here worked at crytek.... :poly124:
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    I always found Crysis was one of those games that relys heavily on a very fine balance, the first game for example was fairly difficult when not using your suit abilities. There power felt functional and it was fairly important to use them. Although I still felt it could have being exaggerated a little more. In contrast to that the second game streamlined the system which worked a lot better, but there power and implication on the medium difficulty was simply not strong enough. It was to easy to simply not use your suit properly and many people treated the game as a simple run a gun. That in my opinion was what hurt the game the most.

If you watch this video you can see the possibilities when a player is engaged in the concept, but your typical player didn't need to put that effort into to move forward which damaged the game experience. Deus Ex is a good example of getting it right, you can play the game in multiple ways but each one is very defined and well balanced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PLC3CD5C2E9CE99F90&v=LT-N5hMcV7g#t=573s
  • AZelenski94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    why?

spend half as much on a pc twice as good, seriously.

where at?!
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Two Listen wrote: »
    I thought it might be worth picking up to see what kinds of tech leaps they'd made since the first, but never wound up buying it.

Not to worry, there were no improvements in tech, save that it was better optimised and ran a bit more smoothly. The game visuals actually went backwards, likely down to having to build shaders, assets and environments that catered for the console market.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    ^ not sure I would agree, from most of the comparisons (and pre-DX11) it looked to me like there was improvement all around. Maybe not much, but yeah.

I did enjoy the game itself, the ending was absolute bullcrap though. Please take the spades of criticism to heart, dear crytek storywriters, and serve us up a killer sequel (art-wise I'm not worried) :)
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    give me urban jungle! URBAN JUNGLE!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    A nice mix of the first two games, and more sandboxy too. I can certainly live with that! The fact that they've announced the DLC before we've even seen a trailer though, seriously, fuck you EA (and this is actually EA's doing, not like that OTHER thread lol).

The actual game looks nice though. Hope they don't make the same mistakes they made with Crysis 2.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    The environments...IT'S BEAUTIFUL. But.. I don't know if it's just me. But the Alien designs never grabbed me. And neither did design of the suit your wear..or the guns..
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deus Ex is a good example of getting it right, you can play the game in multiple ways but each one is very defined and well balanced.
    Unless you went for stealth/hacking and ran into the first boss. Whoops. :)
  • kevlar jens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New York again. Hmmm.

2's ending, which
    revealed the fact that the Ceph has dug under several major cities worldwide,
    , kinda got me expecting a globetrotting plot. Or at least one set in another city. I mean, they explored the NY-setting in 2. And you fought for the city throughout the whole game, so returning feels kinda cheap. It's nice to see some vegetation again though :)

That's my impression thus far at least. I'm sure everything will make sense once I play it, or maybe not- Crytek hasn't really delivered any solid narrative nor taken previous installments into consideration too much (what happened to the Crysis 1 guys?)
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York

Prophet is one of the main characters from the first game.
    He commits suicide early in Crysis 2, giving Alcatraz his suit.
  • Lephenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lephenix polycounter lvl 6
    I don't know why so much hate, and the bow looks great! You and the other artists do an amazing job on it, i love Crysis series, and do you know if Hans Zimmer do the soundtracks for it again ?
  • ScribbleHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScribbleHead polycounter lvl 13
    Someone went a little too far with the "last of us" inspiration it seems.
    I'm utterly dismayed at how the story has been butchered by now :( sad panda face
  • Xendance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xendance polycounter lvl 7
    ambershee wrote: »
    Prophet is one of the main characters from the first game.
    He commits suicide early in Crysis 2, giving Alcatraz his suit.

Nobody except Alcatraz knows that in the end of Crysis 2. And I believe he starts referring to himself as Prophet too.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Andreas wrote: »
    A nice mix of the first two games, and more sandboxy too. I can certainly live with that! The fact that they've announced the DLC before we've even seen a trailer though, seriously, fuck you EA (and this is actually EA's doing, not like that OTHER thread lol).

The actual game looks nice though. Hope they don't make the same mistakes they made with Crysis 2.

How is it sand boxy?

Actually you know what, I'll wait for others to respond to this and see what they'll tell you. :D

My 2 cents, atleast it isnt like Activision, be thankful that where EA games starting to be sucky (according to you.)

Also, keep it in mind that it is not just EA games working on it.

*Stirs tea*
  • snow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snow polycounter lvl 8
    a bow and arrow, really?

edit: in saying that, crysis 2 was one of my favourite games, so it will take a lot more than playing robin hood to make me not enjoy this :)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    How is it sand boxy?

They made reference to it being more sandbox style in the launch article.
    They are also one of the stabilized studio of the game company that if it sees its faults after release, it'll compensate to get even.

What?
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They made reference to it being more sandbox style in the launch article.

What?

In other words, its not like they are putting the crappy stuff out there, and even if it is remotely crap, they do try to work things out to make their image even (what I meant by compensate.)

We should be atleast thankful that they are not making any major political scene out of anything before they release the games that people are waiting for, such as this Crysis 3. Instead of whining that they suck.

We also should be thankful to the artists and game dev teams who are putting their hard work in this game.

EDIT: If you did not understand this post as well, please let me know and I will link the meanings from the dictionary.com for you in my next post.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The problem was your conjugation, not my comprehension. As is pretty obvious. So less of your smartarse remarks.

Nobodies criticizing the artists. No one is under the illusion that these games were easy to put together. But as people who have spent money on 2, if we don't like the alien designs, or found the story sucked, we have a right to share our opinion about it on the interwebs or elsewhere.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The problem was your conjugation, not my comprehension. As is pretty obvious. So less of your smartarse remarks.

Nobodies criticizing the artists. No one is under the illusion that these games were easy to put together. But as people who have spent money on 2, if we don't like the alien designs, or found the story sucked, we have a right to share our opinion about it on the interwebs or elsewhere.

=\

I usually leave such threads when such posts are made but since you are an odd case at the Polycount, I'll do you a pitiful favor and point out your mistakes. For starters; if you believe that you are obligated to correct me or insult me in anyway regardless of the fact that you hardly agree with anyone at all, please refer to the dictionary and check the meanings of the bigger words you are so tempted to use.

Let me start with the word "Conjugation."

Conjugation: Verb; the act of joining related ideas. In other words, you used it at the wrong place.

Comprehension: Perception or understanding. Which you failed to do so.

Now since we have that settled, lets move to your post shall we?

Could also be written as:

We are not criticizing the artists. But we are criticizing them.

Criticism: Noun; The act of passing a judgement as to the merits of anything, which practically is what you are doing repeatedly.

Please BE smart if you wish to make such comments as "So less of your smartarse remarks."

You Comprehended my ass.

Good day sir. :)
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Nitewalkr hope you don't take too much offense to this, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that sometimes your posts make about as much grammatical sense as went so hard that the DJ didn't was if paper-plates.

I'm really digging the urban jungle thing. I don't really like the bow idea, but it's not like it'll be the only weapon. If I don't like it I just won't use it. And of course with Crysis 3 looking so neat, I might have to go grab 2 at some point to fill in the gap. :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen wrote: »
    Nitewalkr hope you don't take too much offense to this, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that sometimes your posts make about as much grammatical sense as went so hard that the DJ didn't was if paper-plates.

Let me know if this makes any sense to you.

If you cant understand me, dont have balls to ask me to explain if you do not understand me or my posts. Kindly, fuck off.

You have no mother fuckin right to insult me like this, especially when some douche bag forum hogger with IQ of 10, disagreeing with me just because he believes he is right even if he is wrong, trying to be smart and insulting me without "comprehending," anything I say. It'll give him another excuse to fully refer your crap in his next post, retaliate and continue on disagreeing doesnt matter if he is right or not.

Yes sir; I do take serious offense to your mother fuckin bull shit. I had to re-read my posts and see if they made sense. They make perfect mother fuckin sense. Perhaps you need to take English classes so it can help you understand my posts. You might also be interested in taking classes that teach manners so that you can be kind to those whom you cant understand or pretend not to understand.

EDIT: Please do not take any offense, mother fuckers.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    I gave Crysis 2 a miss when it was released, mainly because I had a laptop with a shit GPU at the time, and admittedly haven't had a go at it since getting a proper machine with a nice GPU. Crysis 3 is looking kinda sexy, though! Urban jungle definitely looks promising, and I hope they still cater for sneaky sneak.

Nitewalkr: Good god, just... let it go already. Fuck's sake.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    everyone chill out for reals yo
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Let me know if this makes any sense to you.

fuck off.

mother fuckin
    mother fuckin bull shit
    perfect mother fuckin sense

Perhaps you need to take English classes so it can help you understand my posts

EDIT: Please do not take any offense, mother fuckers.

Nope, I think I understand you perfectly. In the future, try making your point without sounding like a 12 year old who learned to swear for the first time in anger.

On another note....
    IMO, looking at Crysis 3. Sounds swell, but I question if Crytek will somehow resort to making the game mechanics feel more like Crysis 1/warhead. Unlike 2, it was pretty, a slight downgrade in character quality since Hanno left the studio. I hope the control scheme overall will have a more simplified improvement as well as the use of the nano-suit functions. It was a shame that I really couldn't use its full potential from the beginning and make it a custom function swap of things that I could use and remove as needed.
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    CE3 has the sexyest speculars of any engine out there. So beautiful!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    big congrats to Helder btw.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Man. Those screens look great. I don't think anyone really has any standing to criticise the graphics of any of the Crysis games, nor do I think anyone's tried to, in this thread? Definitely congratulations to Helder and the rest of the art teams. That rusted walker shot looks brill. Hope to see more of that :D

I think people's issues are with other aspects of the franchise. The game design in general, the mission structures, the story (pretty damned clich
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it could be collapsible, but more likely it would go to the same magic pocket that most first-person weapons go to when not in use.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's going to scratch the crap out of his BFG, minigun, plasma cannon and rocket launcher :(
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Authentic-Battle-Damage tm ;)
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Seems I'm the only person who actually seems to really like the idea of the bow, but then again I also have a bit of a background in archery. I'm excited to see what they do with the urban jungle concept; it'd be great to see some more open missions like the ones in the first Crysis.

Nitewalkr:
    I'm so glad I get to see your posts. They give me hope and a swelling sense of pride. Mostly pride in the other people on Polycount because they don't turn into whiny little children in the same way you do when someone says something you don't like.
  • Hristo Rusanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hristo Rusanov polycounter lvl 7
    If they give me the freedom from the first game and less boring MP i'm cool. : )
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle wrote: »
    Seems I'm the only person who actually seems to really like the idea of the bow, but then again I also have a bit of a background in archery. I'm excited to see what they do with the urban jungle concept; it'd be great to see some more open missions like the ones in the first Crysis.

Nitewalkr:
    I'm so glad I get to see your posts. They give me hope and a swelling sense of pride. Mostly pride in the other people on Polycount because they don't turn into whiny little children in the same way you do when someone says something you don't like.

Just to clear things out;

There is a difference between something one doesnt like and whine about it and something that insults one and he makes his stand. If you consider that the second act is of a child then I am sorry that you think that way. This may happen to you as well, and seriously, it wont be fun site to you while it will be to others.

It is funny how people in general discussion threads turn out to be cheering and defending someone who actually acts like a 12 year old, while calling someone else a 12 year old if that someone else tries to defend himself because no one else will take his side.

Ill leave you all with this thought and leave this thread like a mature being would.

Enjoy your discussion and have fun crticizing crysis 3 while claiming that you are not criticizing it.

Good luck.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Ill leave you all with this thought and leave this thread like a mature being would.

Thank god.
  • SsSandu_C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SsSandu_C polycounter lvl 13
    Teaser... I think that we have started to live in the age of teaser, teaser for games, teaser for movie trailer, can we tone it down a bit with all this teasing I mean I can take only a certain amount of teasing before I snap. What next... teaser for the teaser? Anyway sit and enjoy a few seconds of shiny and awesome pixels. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9w9dhK-weY"]CRYSIS 3 - Official gameplay teaser - YouTube[/ame]
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuck teasers. Complete waste of everyone's time and marketing dollar. I'll potentially get excited / dismiss the game based on the actual gameplay footage, not 30 seconds of 'lol nanosuit'.
    please refer to the dictionary and check the meanings of the bigger words you are so tempted to use.

Let me start with the word "Conjugation."

Conjugation: Verb; the act of joining related ideas. In other words, you used it at the wrong place.

The best part of this post is that conjugation is clearly a noun.
  • Mathew O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    Personally I think that the bow idea could be really interesting and I can't wait to try it out, it definitely looks good.

I'm weird with teasers because I love a bit of eye candy but at the same time I hate being teased months and months before release.

I guess though that the GTA5 teaser had me so GTA crazy for a few days that it's guaranteed that I'll pre-order it.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The GTA 5 teaser had stuff in it though, and cast a lot of conjecture around the web. That's teasing done properly.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle wrote: »
    Seems I'm the only person who actually seems to really like the idea of the bow, but then again I also have a bit of a background in archery.

I like it too :( But I would probably shoot myself in the foot if I tried to fire a bow and arrow in real life. :thumbup:

Where's the rest of that teaser trailer is what I wanna know. They're taking the mick with that one!
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    that bow looks so fuckin ace!
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee wrote: »
    Fuck teasers. Complete waste of everyone's time and marketing dollar. I'll potentially get excited / dismiss the game based on the actual gameplay footage, not 30 seconds of 'lol nanosuit'.

The best part of this post is that conjugation is clearly a noun.

Oh shit, yes I am sorry. xD It is indeed a noun. But he still used it at the wrong place.