Home General Discussion

Crysis 3

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
So i guess crysis 3 is on his way sooner than next gen .That compound bow looks so awesome.
81jdJ.jpg

Replies

• Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I hope it'll be more of an interesting game than Crysis 2 honestly. Technical achievements aside, I found that a very, very average game.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    So the guy has the worlds most advanced suit of armor... and he uses a bow. Seriously?
    Please don't go down the Avatar route, where arrows suddenly shoot through panes of bulletproof glass.
  • respawnrt
  • SsSandu_C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SsSandu_C polycounter lvl 13
    A bow is okay I guess, might be nice for some silent kills
    crysis3v.jpg
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Prophecies wrote: »
    So the guy has the worlds most advanced suit of armor... and he uses a bow. Seriously?
    Please don't go down the Avatar route, where arrows suddenly shoot through panes of bulletproof glass.

Suit Strength + Bow = Epicvelocityarrowdoom.

In more seriousness; it makes some kind of sense - if the war has dragged on for a while, ammunition will be relatively scarce.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    Also bows are fecking cool. The Resistance Crossbow in HL2? Best weapon in the whole game.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    I'm still confused as to WHY! a damn dood wearing a nanosuit needs weapons, i mean, a cloak and a knife seems more badass!!! pls CRYTEK let me fucking do that!!!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Xoliul wrote: »
    I hope it'll be more of an interesting game than Crysis 2 honestly. Technical achievements aside, I found that a very, very average game.

I agree, twas a rather boring experience altogether, SP and MP. Scary isn't it? busting you ass for years, everything technically works and looks great, but somehow that fun factor never happened...

Hoping for more from this one. I like bows. Wish it wasn't in a city again though.
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    I'm still confused as to WHY! a damn dood wearing a nanosuit needs weapons, i mean, a cloak and a knife seems more badass!!! pls CRYTEK let me fucking do that!!!

I guess it's like the predator's disk :p doesn't disables the cloak or something versus the weapons. :D maybe get your arrow back ?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Sounds a bit too assasins-creedy to me...
  • Paznos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paznos triangle
    Andreas wrote: »

They could call it Assassin's Crisis... >.>
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Once again, we'll have a new game where the hero will have suit with the enough energy for a fart and who shoots anything that moves because hey, unless you're crawling inside a dormant space-ship, why give any challenge from the enemies and environment?

Can't say I'm excited at all, Tech was nice, but the game itself is a mushy middle of old-school elements, mixed with new age directions, which actually killed each others in the process. Crytek should aim for one direction and stick with it.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    I bought the second Crysis, but I haven't yet played it. I found most of the first game pretty boring. I enjoyed bits of it, but it felt like a pretty hollow game. I've heard similar about the second game.

So, the guy's wearing some high tech suit, and he's now using a bow? Are they serious?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith wrote: »
    I found most of the first game pretty boring. I enjoyed bits of it, but it felt like a pretty hollow game.

HOOOO boy you are not going to enjoy the second one in that case! I thought Crysis 1 was fun, taking bases and outposts in different ways. :)
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Lol why are people so hung up on the bow? It looks totally badass and high-tech, and I bet it's an efficient silent weapon.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    HOOOO boy you are not going to enjoy the second one in that case! I thought Crysis 1 was fun, taking bases and outposts in different ways. :)

Hehe. I enjoyed FarCry a hell of a lot. Infact, the more I think about it, that game was badass.

Crysis seemed to be a similar game, but with a lot of the fun bits taken out, and a graphical makeover.
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    I must be really weird as I enjoyed crysis 2 a lot, after i got over the fact it wasn't a sandbox NYC.
    Looking forward to seeing what massive events they do in 3.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd be with Glynn on this one, looking forward to FC3 (still haven't found the time to play 2, apart from accidentaly starting a huge forest fire, which was so much fun), but Crytek really need to up their game gameplay wise to make this worth purchasing... will wait for a gameplay/story trailer I guess. Waiting for E3 is such a pain :(
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14

Sounds like you object to everything that is in development or out already. Soo much negativity is not good for health especially when you are in the game industry brah.

Besides in Assassin creed there was a crossbow hooked on to his forearm piece. It wasnt actually a bow, unless you are counting the guards on the roof. If so, than you are really being picky.

I am waiting for someone to post something like, Thief 4 in development and you objecting to it so I can actually get on my defensive mode.

I cant say much about crysis 3 because crysis 2 was glitchy as hell. Like after few cinematics, when the Alcatraz would appear, he wouldnt be holding a gun but posting his hands as he would be hold one. Also, the online gameplay of the crysis 2 was kind of imbalanced. Many people had the upgrades and gear and they always go after people who were just starting out. =.=!
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Lol why are people so hung up on the bow? It looks totally badass and high-tech, and I bet it's an efficient silent weapon.

Because the idea is ridiculous. Anyone wearing a bulletproof vest would be essentially immune to it, unless said person is shot in the neck or something.
    Sure, it's quiet, but so is a silenced rifle using subsonic rounds, not to mention a compound bow is rather quite big, and a pain to lug around.

Also, a bow being "high-tech" doesn't change anything, it won't make an arrow hurt more. If there is too much strength behind an arrow, it will simply shatter on impact. While it *looks* cool, it's just not practical. Not to mention the firing rate is very low, compared to your usual full-auto rifle. If you need to shoot 4-5-6 shots to kill someone with a rifle, how on earth would a single arrow kill them off?

However, I will wait until the game is released before judging it. I never played C2, only tried the first one, which was OK at best. I only got it for benchmarking my computer. Looks great, gameplay on the other hand needs a little work.
    I wonder how much they'll be pushing the visuals this time around.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    so now a rambo bow, but still no multiple-path stealth guerilla warfare with looming mystery-scifi as crysis 1?
  • biofrost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    biofrost polycounter lvl 12
    I loved the first Crysis(well at least the first half), I hope Crysis 3 beings back the more open ended gameplay. With 2 felt it forced pointing out you can go here and do stealth or here and blow shit up. Why not just let me figure it out on my own?
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    eld wrote: »
    so now a rambo bow, but still no multiple-path stealth guerilla warfare with looming mystery-scifi as crysis 1?

Pre-order now and recieve exclusive hiding bushes at GameStop power to the players
  • PatrickL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PatrickL polycounter lvl 9
    I wonder if Crysis 3 will feature a highly tessellated ocean present at all times underneath the ground as well! That was truly the shining feature of Crysis 2, in my humble opinion.
  • Sculptaur
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    if its urban again nty. Farcry 3 for me.
  • Rurouni Strife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rurouni Strife polycounter lvl 10
    Haha @ Patrick, did you read the TechReport article on it as well?

I loved both Crysis games so it's safe to say I'm all in! Can't wait to see more. I do hope John Rambo is in the Nano Suit this time, he'd probably destroy the world single handed with that bow.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    PatrickL wrote: »
    I wonder if Crysis 3 will feature a highly tessellated ocean present at all times underneath the ground as well! That was truly the shining feature of Crysis 2, in my humble opinion.

Funfact: CryEngine visibility calculation doesn't work in wireframe mode, therefore uninformed guys think that the ocean (and other stuff) is rendered all the time.

IT ISN'T :D
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    Crysis 2 didnt take off because it was so buggy when it first came out. servers were laggy and breaking people couldnt connect. i went back and played multiplayer the other day and it was awsome but bearly any one plays it
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    I thought Crysis 2 didn't take off since the MP was a CoD
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Turok+Nanosuit=MINDBLOWN

business-cat-meme-generator-my-god-it-all-makes-sense-now-4972b0.jpg
  • AZelenski94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow! it will be available on the PC, right? because soon enough im going to transfering all my gaming over to a laptop (1000 dollar - 1 gb nvidia graphics card, i7 processor, and 8 gbs of ram :)
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    I thought Crysis 2 didn't take off because they turned open world into corridor shooter, and the graphics took a step back too.
  • Rurouni Strife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rurouni Strife polycounter lvl 10
    I don't know, I thought the graphics overall were a bit better than Crysis 1, which was pretty amazing considering I played it in DX9. Didn't get to do the DX 11 stuff much since it came out so late, plus a 6850 isn't going to pull off max DX 11 effects in that game.

The aliens in Crysis 1 and Warhead though seemed to be a bit more original. Though I don't care I love the series.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader wrote: »
    I thought Crysis 2 didn't take off because they turned open world into corridor shooter, and the graphics took a step back too.

That and it had almost nothing to do with the plot from the first one except Nanosuit+aliens omg! (not even the same aliens, wtf?)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    wow! it will be available on the PC, right? because soon enough im going to transfering all my gaming over to a laptop (1000 dollar - 1 gb nvidia graphics card, i7 processor, and 8 gbs of ram :)

why?

spend half as much on a pc twice as good, seriously.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If I had a penny for every time someone has said that to me...

Some people just prefer laptops guys! :D

Mind you, you can do A LOT better specs wise for a thousand dollar laptop, not sure what brand your buying...and try and make sure the card doesnt have optimus if your going with nVidia.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    ambershee wrote: »
    That and it had almost nothing to do with the plot from the first one except Nanosuit+aliens omg! (not even the same aliens, wtf?)

I thought them aliens were pretty much the same, in crysis 2 they tried to show that the aliens are out of the hiding and have settled on the surface while being pushed by the marines. =\

Oh wait..did I just fall in to making one of those "Obvious statements" again? :(
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    I think he meant different aliens in the sense that they suddenly and inexplicably abandoned modeling their vehicles and suits on their own physiology (like in Crysis 1), a.k.a became bidepal, for no good in-fiction reason.

Makes no sense except that maybe it was easier to animate something familiar.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't have a link to back this up but I'm pretty sure they changed the designs based on fan feedback and people complaining about their poor a.i. I guess the floaty design of the first game gave them too many advantages to just flying over top of you?
    I personally prefer the originals to the halo-treatment we ended up with but I can understand the argument
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Omg, is that a 'warning: arrows' sign on the front of the bow? day 1 purchase.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    for all those bitching about the bow, you better not go watch the avengers movie then you would be supporting bows vs aliens. jesus christ.
  • Sandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually I'm pretty sure in certain cases arrows can be more penetrative than bullets. Also, they are silent.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov wrote: »
    I think he meant different aliens in the sense that they suddenly and inexplicably abandoned modeling their vehicles and suits on their own physiology (like in Crysis 1), a.k.a became bidepal, for no good in-fiction reason.

Makes no sense except that maybe it was easier to animate something familiar.

Pretty much this - they were completely different in almost every way; different body shapes, general art style, even the fiction (e.g. including the need to maintain a lower body temperature to survive.).

Aliens in Crysis:
    300px-Naked_Alien.png270px-Alien_Scout.png300px-3_by_K_appa.png300px-46.jpg

And now aliens in Crysis 2:
    250px-Ceph_Tick_1.png240px-Ceph.png175px-Suddenimpact_%2867%29.png343px-C2_heavy_by_tomyum72-d483588.jpg320px-Pinger.jpg185px-Ceph_dropship.jpg180px-Alien_gunship.png

As you can see, the two don't even look vaguely related. You could argue that the Ceph were harvesting humans and converting them into the enemies you see in Crysis 2, but that doesn't explain the massively backwards step in tech and completely different appearance and behaviour in almost all respects.
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    One thing to remember is that after Lingshan Island the aliens where gone for some time and in the story they evolved, although it was a bit hit and miss in how it was told to the player.

It would have being nice for things to have being a little more consistent such as Gears of War or Halo, but looking at what you have, evolving your ideas and not being so constrained by your early foundations can often be a good thing. I personally felt the aliens in Crysis 2 where a massive improvement from a gameplay perspective, although it would have being nice to get the hunter in there.

Hunter_1.jpg

In an industry of middle man games all looking and playing the same I personally feel Crysis as a franchise has many positives, its just about getting that package right and listening to your community feedback. The gameplay experience in Crysis in my opinion is unlike no other.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't disagree they needed a gameplay overhaul - but throwing everything out of the window wasn't the way to do it. Given the complete lack of consistency between the first and second game (and throwing out many of the strengths of the first game), I actually now have very little interest in the third at all.
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    speaking of gameplay overhaul
    kinect-logo.jpg
    XD
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    ambershee wrote: »
    Pretty much this - they were completely different in almost every way; different body shapes, general art style, even the fiction (e.g. including the need to maintain a lower body temperature to survive.).

Aliens in Crysis:
    300px-Naked_Alien.png270px-Alien_Scout.png300px-3_by_K_appa.png300px-46.jpg

And now aliens in Crysis 2:
    250px-Ceph_Tick_1.png240px-Ceph.png175px-Suddenimpact_%2867%29.png343px-C2_heavy_by_tomyum72-d483588.jpg320px-Pinger.jpg185px-Ceph_dropship.jpg180px-Alien_gunship.png

As you can see, the two don't even look vaguely related. You could argue that the Ceph were harvesting humans and converting them into the enemies you see in Crysis 2, but that doesn't explain the massively backwards step in tech and completely different appearance and behaviour in almost all respects.

This is the reason I never had any interest in Crysis 2. I thought it might be worth picking up to see what kinds of tech leaps they'd made since the first, but never wound up buying it and don't really regret it. I probably won't be playing Crysis 3 either. I don't even think they're probably bad games, but if I wanted to go run around a city shooting things that might as well be human, I've already got plenty of shooters for that.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I hate the bow, it's a non sense weapon... really, but if they like that... So much tech with the suit... and a bow? seriously? we are going to hunt deers? LOL

I only expect a good PC version and not that port crap they sold us with that useless hi-res texture pack that didn't do anything. Also, like others said, the game was pretty average, short, and another thing they should fix is that AI they were so proud of.

The new medal of honor will come for this fall, and it looks pretty cool. As a PC user, with graphic cards such as the gtx580s, or the new 7970 and gtx680 we want better games and not port games from xbox 360... so better for crytek to make a decent PC version cuz if they don't do it, i won't buy the game.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the bow, hopefully it has explosive tips and grapple lines and stuff :)

Also someone raised this point kinda...the storytelling was really awful in Crysis 2. I wasn't following half the shit going on, and it all seemed to just be about chasing some dude around. And the whole 'alien disease' side story was pointless too.