Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Mace, GummiEnte

GummiEnte
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
GummiEnte polycounter lvl 10
Decided to participate because the stuff here is just amazing and I hope to learn a lotpoly120.gif
Here's my rough concept:

ds2contestgjuxr.png

Tried to create a 3-sided mace with goatskulls. Most of the things are far away from final and only a placeholder at the moment. And of course I need to check the proportions as well...
C & C are very welcome!

Small update:
DS2Contests34d.png

Not quite sure but I think the handle will be made of metal with some leather wrapping.

scaleTestijvk7.png

Replies

• GummiEnte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick color test to get a feel for the weapon:

ds2contestcolorpwk2b.png

scaletest5kj5l.png
  • Maks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maks polycounter lvl 14
    Hey,

i like the Concept a lot. Especially if you say its 3-sided. I think that will look pretty cool. My main Problem with this Mace is the piece between the handle bar and the skulls. That Point is really thin and doesn't look like you could deal some damage with it. I also doesn't like the signs on the head so much but we will see.
    Hope you post some 3D WIP soon.
    Keep it up.
  • GummiEnte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After several hours of work, some 3d stuff:)

udktestvbiae.png

Quick normal map test in UDK. I just wanted to see how the normal map turns out.
    It also seems that I can match the polybugdet. After I retopolgized the zbrush sculpt I had to delete some polys, but after some tweaking I should now be under the limit.

And here's a quick scale reference screen:

ds2_scalehjd5c.png

Next steps will be adding the two missing heads and of course some texture work. Hope I can finish this piece in time...