Home General Discussion

Nvida maximus

LOOK LOOK!!!
http://www.nvidia.com/object/maximus.html

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LagqqsVO28&feature=relmfu"]NVIDIA Maximus increases particle simulation exponentially in Autodesk Maya 2012 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCIAsvT5mYo&feature=relmfu"]Perform rapid photorealistic renderings in Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 with NVIDIA Maximus - YouTube[/ame]

(Just noticed i messed up the tittle (Nvidia Maximus) sorry)

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    That helps us how? I mean yes if you need to pre-render FX effects, but realtime we work with what a consumer has. (Which really pisses me off since the have taken the 3dMax optimization out of the consumer cards (at least the mobile ones) in order for you to buy a Quadro.. for what?
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I had a Quadro card at one point. It was complete trash.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Again? Seriously, give us some function RT shaders thankyouverymuch...and better management of said shaders.
  • maze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a quadro, and its "far" from being complete trash. Sure if you expect to game with a quadro card it might not be as good a a dedicated card. But for what its meant to do it works awesome imo.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    So you do a lot of work in engineering programs, with very heavy wireframes? And all your viewport work is OpenGL, maze ?
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    To work interactively in 3d in Maya I have been thinking of "giving in" and buying a Quadro fx 5500.
    Had hoped I could use it's cuda power to at least handle being a dedicated PhysX card for gaming.
    I don't know if that is possible? ( Have a geForce SLI and Quadro card in the same system ).

Even if it will not work as a physX card... I wonder if would still work together or slow down my system when gaming. And if I could just use my 3d vision glasses instead of having to buy 3dvision pro for Maya?

But I agree in general with the sentiment: Game designers should not have to work with hardware that doesn't represent the end users experience.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not to mention, its still laggy as shit, even when he has a high end GPU and 12 cores... Realistic mode in 2012 works fast for me, but I tried activeshade with a Quadcore and GTX570, and it was basically usable.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I think its cool. Pity it doesnt work with my new 3GB 555M laptop card :(
  • maze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    So you do a lot of work in engineering programs, with very heavy wireframes? And all your viewport work is OpenGL, maze ?

I do not use any engineering program. But find myself having heavy scenes sometimes with decimated meshes and quadro responds good. Now I am not to start a debate on wheter something is better than the other for xyz reason, as I am probably less technical savy than you in hardware. My comment was because he said "complete trash" which I dont agree to that point, as simple as that.