Home Contests & Challenges Archives Game Art Workshops

Workshop #6 - SsSandu_C

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
SsSandu_C polycounter lvl 13
So I've decided to enter again a workshop. I know I didn't finished the last one... but I'm thinking that by actually starting a new hard surface modeling workshop, that it might get me to finish the last one too. At the moment I'm more interested in organic modeling and sculpting, but I do like hard surface modeling too. Things are going to be different with this one... at least for me... So you all know by now the program VoidWorld. I really like the way this program grew on the hard work of the developers and the indispensable critique and ideas from fellow polycounters. So I'm going to test drive it with this project. So all of the modeling will be done within the program. So far I just blocked out all the objects so I can get things to fit the way they looked in the reference. I still have some things to move maybe. After that I'm going to start on making the object high-poly. So here is what I have for now:
protonpack.jpg

Replies

• SsSandu_C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So i kept working on the base meshes and i finished making them subd ready. I still have some stuff to move around and refine but overall i think it looks good. I couldn't subdivide all the objects so I can show you guys all of the model subdivided. Mainly because it would send my scene in the 5 fps area. :) Here is what i got:
    protonpackwip2.jpg
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Looks great! You're way ahead of me, going to get back to this this weekend. Interesting take on the topology at the top of the drum at the bottom, they are quads but are you finding errors in the model when subdividing with such stretched faces?
  • SsSandu_C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas - Thanks! On flat surfaces doesn't really matter that much. I know I should have more uniform geo... but as long as it looks good I'm fine with it.. I still have to do some work on it but it's okay for now. Looking forward to seeing your progress. :) Cya!
  • SsSandu_C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dog - Thanks! Glad I could help. :)