Home General Discussion

Cintiq 24HD

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq/Cintiq24HD.aspx

Looks like it will be $2500 (for those still wondering)
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    EtotheRic wrote: »
    Considering you get rid of a tablet it seems like a good thing.

I couldn't find reaction time of current cintiqs but I've tried them and it's really noticeable. That lag is a big detractor for me. I don't know how 13ms compares. Does anyone know what the current models sport?

What I mean is you gain some space back since you don't have a traditional tablet any longer since it is combined in a display.
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Oh I see what you're saying, didnt get it at first.
    In my lefty case it never really was a problem since I always had the intuos on the left side and the keyboard on the right...
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    as a lefty, I wish there was a right handed nostromo - I could devote the time to hacking one to be right handed but them I'm worried I won't like it after investing all the time and money into it.

I also wish Windows would accept two inputs - as crazy as it is - I can actually function using my right hand on the mouse while drawing with my left hand
  • Gusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Logitech G13 is slightly more lefty friendly, since its not curved for a righty and has more buttons on the keyboard.
    It also has a more powerfull software package than the nostromo for making up custom keys, atleast last time i tried it.
    But there is still the problem of the joystick and two buttons on that pad that would need to be hacked over. But atleast the unit it self is symmetrical so thats less of a problem than on the Nostromo. :)
    Then there are ofcourse 3dconnex spacemice (i think that´s what they were called)..
  • linkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linkov polycounter lvl 10
    what about scratching that thing? is it possible? can it be fixed/avoided? I'm wondering, because my intuos after a year of intensive usage, look.. well, not so bad really, but this is also not my screen. I can imagine having that kind of damage on the screen won't be good.:poly141:
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Theres sticky screen protectors you can get for intuos'.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    maze wrote: »
    weird, my intuos 4 looks less nice all of the sudden...

Are you sure? I wouldnt, unless I am working in some studio permanently and want to own one. =\

or wouldnt buy it until I am good with everything and want to set up a desk for my work.

Intuos 4 mid is doing wonders for me so far. I am not sure if 12wx is for me at the moment, 21wx and 24wx are far out of the question.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    You guys might want to invest a sturdy desk however...
    weight - 63.8lbs. with stand (29.0kg)

Might stick with my 20wsx. I have no desk space with a 27" and my cinitq.
  • Monchesco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HOW ABOUT THE HEAT PROBLEM? It is known that the cintiq gets hot after a few hours of use, in fact, in summer, it gets hot after an hour, and int turns out to be pretty hurtful to work, the hand starts to hurt, and to sweat. In my case, I have to turn it off, anf put a fan in front of the screen, to cool it down.

This is not only uncomfortable, but DANGEROUS, because it can cause arthritis, a terrible degenerative joint disease, that would keep professionals off drawing anymore, on any surface.

So, the heat problem question turns out to be VERY important.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Man this thing is huge. standing right in frint if one. insane - feels so much bigger than my 27" nec :O
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Neox wrote: »
    Man this thing is huge. standing right in frint if one. insane - feels so much bigger than my 27" nec :O

823742345_TheOffice_ThatsWhatSheSaid_Michael_xlarge.jpeg
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    i want it.. Need to find one NOW! WHERE IS IT!
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Come to berlin digital art forum convention is right now, we have a few standing around ;)
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    ohh i hate you!! takeeee onee for meee
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seriously, you guys are making this a huge deal. Dont you find it another piece that hogs yours computer desk, for artists, if you cant draw on a piece of paper of simple Intuos 4, than this "Epic Cintiq tablet," isnt going to help you.

The only people I can imagine buying this is, people who are in the game industry already, and pro artist freelancers.

I've been planning to buy 12wx Cintiq for a long time and I didnt get it because, its a huge spending for people who are learning. =\
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Seriously, you guys are making this a huge deal. Dont you find it another piece that hogs yours computer desk, for artists, if you cant draw on a piece of paper of simple Intuos 4, than this "Epic Cintiq tablet," isnt going to help you.

Got a bigger Cintiq? Get a bigger desk :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got a bigger Cintiq? Get a bigger desk :)

I already have a bigger desk thank you and I am happy with my intuos 4 until I am pro with everything. =\
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    lol, i dont think you understand the difference between a piece a paper, a intuos and the cintiq nitewalkr.

Its a uge difference in workflow and def change things. And of course only pro and game industry artist will buy it, Who the hell visit this kind of forum otherwise?

sheeesh
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll wrote: »
    lol, i dont think you understand the difference between a piece a paper, a intuos and the cintiq nitewalkr.

Its a uge difference in workflow and def change things. And of course only pro and game industry artist will buy it, Who the hell visit this kind of forum otherwise?

sheeesh

.....me...<.<
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wouldnt sugest buying the 12" cintiq, i have one and i use it almost exclusively like an intuos, because the screenspace is just so tiny - but having seen this beast i'm considering exchanging my "old" 12" thingie. But first i'll have to finance some other thins for the officem alarm and security shits costs so much money :X