Home Contests & Challenges Archives Game Art Workshops

WIP - My first videogame project

Good people! My name is Carlos Tenorio, and my passion is video games and desarrallo. I still long this great website and community. And the truth is that I have learned a lot.

That said, I want to do my bit in this game-artist community, with a few screenshots of the prototype model of my first video game project.

I accept any comments, advice and / or help

I hope you like! Sorry for my terrible English level, I'm using google translator.

Without further delay, I put the images!

thanks

robo_elder_thing_by_carlestenorio-d3krr10.png

tank_by_carlestenorio-d3krs0q.png

yuggoth_shotgun_by_carlestenorio-d3krrcj.png

yuggoth_rocket_launcher_by_carlestenorio-d3krrno.png

Replies

• GeeDave
    Offline / Send Message
    GeeDave polycounter lvl 11
    I can't really comment too much, as I have no idea what game it is you're trying to make here. But it seems like you're trying to go very low poly with this, so here's an area to look at:

2011-07-04_1041.png

2011-07-04_1047.png

Sure enough you'd only save 2 tri's on each, but it's a good habit to get into. Keep it up, and I look forward to progress.
  • carlestenorio
    GeeDave wrote: »
    I can't really comment too much, as I have no idea what game it is you're trying to make here. But it seems like you're trying to go very low poly with this, so here's an area to look at:

2011-07-04_1041.png

2011-07-04_1047.png

Sure enough you'd only save 2 tri's on each, but it's a good habit to get into. Keep it up, and I look forward to progress.

thanks! The game that I do, it's an FPS with Sci-fi ambience, and Lovecraft mitology Steampunk. The game will be made with Unity 3D, and the models and the aesthetic of the texture I want to do an air of style, or Kenneth Fejer Tom Tallia

Indeed qu think this thread is well located? how I can contact the moderators to put me in the right place?
  • carlestenorio
    the game is played on the same web browser, and the maximum size of the game screen is 800x600.

Thread believe this, would have to be located at the "Pimping and Previews" section of the 3D & 2D Videogame Art?
  • GeeDave
    Offline / Send Message
    GeeDave polycounter lvl 11
    Errmm, yeah it does seem like this is maybe in the wrong section. Not sure who to contact to get it moved though, I'm pretty new here myself.
  • Gorman
    Maybe for you this is better
    0001y.png
    The flat part is just replaced with a plane!

Sadly I cannot see your original pictures (they show up as errors for me :< perhaps unavailable in my country), but from the pictures that GeeDave reposted they look good!

A lovecraftian steampunk game sounds nice :)