Home General Discussion

R.I.P Ryan Dunn.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/13848736

Shame, although somewhat ironic considering the stunts they did.

May he rest in piece.

Replies

• System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    RIP Random Hero
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, thats pretty nuts. Don't drink and drive, kids!
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    He died doing what he loved
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huh... I would of pegged Steve-o as the first to go.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Well he sure lived hard while he was here. Brightest flames burn quickest as they say.
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Shine on you crazy diamond. The guy seemed like the most down to earth out of the whole jackass crew. Not sure that's saying much.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Man, he was my favourite of the group too. Every since CKY..
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Sad stuff.
    Yeah, another proof that driving a car is way more dangerous than stapling your balls to a wooden board and riding tricycles down steep hills.
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    That sucks, I liked him out of all the Jackass guys, and I didn't really like that show.

And they can't identify the passenger? Was the crash that bad? Damn, that's pretty awful to think about
  • Hebs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drinking and driving? I am just glad that his stupidity did not hurt anyone else outside of the car, sounds harsh I know but honestly that is just plain dumb.
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    Hebs wrote: »
    drinking and driving? I am just glad that his stupidity did not hurt anyone else outside of the car, sounds harsh I know but honestly that is just plain dumb.

It's suspected but not confirmed.

I'd like to believe that wasn't the case, but that'd just be silly of me. :|
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    he was my favourite out of the bunch too :( his beard was magnificent. RIP
  • nordahl154
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nordahl154 polycounter lvl 9
    Ryan died like he lived, with car parts up his anus.
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    nordahl154 wrote: »

I chuckled, but come on! That's just messed up.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17

Unfortunately, this.

He was my favourite of the bunch too, but drink driving is fucking lame. He killed his passenger, too. :\ Finding it hard to muster any sympathy.

nordahl154 wrote: »
    The plot thickens. DUNN DUNN DUNNNNNNNNNN.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11

Agreed; apparently he was off his tits at the time. Thankfully there were no innocents hurt, apart from that poor girl with him, though she did let him drive at 100mph drunk. Thankfully no expected dad game developers were killed this time round by a selfish moron's actions.
    crazyfool wrote: »
    his beard was magnificent

We still have Zack Galifianakis!
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Although I agree it was dumb to drink and drive, I'm genuinely sad about him passing :(

Him and the rest of the jackass crew are a huge part of my growing up, as odd as that may seem.
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Drunk driving + insane speeds... Good riddance, the world doesn't need more idiots endangering the lives of others.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    This really bummed me out when I heard about this. I had actually met the entire crew of jackass when they were filming there last movie in the Orlando area.

They're all really laid back and totally in love with their fans.

huh... I would of pegged Steve-o as the first to go.

He almost was, he posted suicide videos up with a gun in his mouth but he got help because the whole crew talked him into rehab and now he's clean, which if you think about it is really scary because he still does really crazy shit.
  • ChrisG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
    I would of felt bad, then I heard about drink driving.....

Damn you Dunn, why'd you fuck up when you had a cool beard/
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I pity the loss of the car more than that individual. Really, drinking or not, the suspected speeds he was going (110+) on a 35/45 mph road are inexcusable.
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Yow, I didn't know alcohol was involved. From the fact they couldn't identify the passenger at first, I figured high speeds, but THAT high is nuts. It's sad this stuff happens, but when you're drunk and speeding, you're rally just asking for it.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    0620-ryan-car-assetr.jpg

That's the wreckage just hours after the crash. You can make you own conclusions about how fast they were going.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Is that a car?

Didn't know there was pics... harsh.
  • Cexar
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, What the hell is wrong with some people?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's pretty low, seriously come on people. It's also pretty stupid, who would buy junk like that? And why bother going to the crash site? You could find any broken car part laying around and sell it as a piece of the wreck? Which I'm sure people are doing...
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think a little perspective's needed.

He drank and drove a high powered sports car, at ~130MPH, with a passenger. Killed both himself and said passenger. For no reason at all.

What does it matter if people are taking junk from a place where that asshat exploded? Wouldn't be any junk there if Dunn hadn't been so disgustingly moronic - 3 beers and 3 shots, and driving at that speed.

I'm shocked that people are so broken up about this. And it made Fox news? Get a grip.

You could find any broken car part laying around and sell it as a piece of the wreck? Which I'm sure people are doing...
    This is a fantastic idea. TO EBAY!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    He died like a jackass. He fucked up. People die, with reason or without. Death is a shame, regardless of how or why. But certainly the way he went, and took another with him, is worth tut-tutting.
    No reason not to be broken up about it.
    But, your perspective is good.
    Cause it could have been avoided very easily.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    glynnsmith wrote: »
    And it made Fox news? Get a grip.

A local news station covering a local news story? shocking
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A local news station covering a local news story? shocking
    I suppose the entire world should be familiar with American broadcasting, and the branding used therein.
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    glynnsmith wrote: »
    I think a little perspective's needed.

He drank and drove a high powered sports car, at ~130MPH, with a passenger. Killed both himself and said passenger. For no reason at all.

What does it matter if people are taking junk from a place where that asshat exploded? Wouldn't be any junk there if Dunn hadn't been so disgustingly moronic - 3 beers and 3 shots, and driving at that speed.

I'm shocked that people are so broken up about this. And it made Fox news? Get a grip.

This is a fantastic idea. TO EBAY!

And..

29vzz7s.jpg
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    <3

EDIT: Ok. I'm passionate about anti-drink driving. I've had personal experiences with the effects of it. It's unforgiveable. But I think I've come across a bit harsh, especially in a RIP thread. That makes me lame. Apologies for any offence, in my bad mood.

It's a shame that anyone died, here.
  • fill3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fill3r polycounter lvl 12
    No excuse for drinking while driving, but there's no need to disrespect a person because of it. Especially when it was paid for with lives.

We are all human and have laps in judgment. Hopefully more people will walk away from this realizing the conscienceless of drinking and driving. Especially Bam and the other 'Jackass' crew. I will not be surprised if Bam becomes an advocate of don't drink and drive.

The value of a life has been lost in today's society.
  • Cexar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cexar polycounter lvl 6
    fill3r wrote: »
    No excuse for drinking while driving, but there's no need to disrespect a person because of it. Especially when it was paid for with lives.

We are all human and have laps in judgment. Hopefully more people will walk away from this realizing the conscienceless of drinking and driving. Especially Bam and the other 'Jackass' crew. I will not be surprised if Bam becomes an advocate of don't drink and drive.

The value of a life has been lost in today's society.

I blame video games. Damn them!

But yeah, everyone can agree on that it's a shame that they died but even better that they didn't collide with another vehicle or something like that.
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apparently he blew a 0.196%.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Hooray for misplaced sympathy.

Fuck him. He had a passenger in the car with him and they're dead. Would have been better to die filming a stupid stunt than take someone else with him.
  • fill3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am sounding more sympathetic that I am...

I guess Im still trying to decided if someone should pay for this choice with their life.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver wrote: »
    Sad stuff.
    Yeah, another proof that driving a car is way more dangerous than stapling your balls to a wooden board and riding tricycles down steep hills.
    I heard if he hadn't stapled his balls to the cars seat he could of tucked and rolled just before impact and probably survived...

Hey, if you where a clown in life, people don't stop laughing just because you stop breathing.
    If you want respect after death you probably need to do something with your life that demands it.
  • fill3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, if you where a clown in life, people don't stop laying just because you stop breathing.
    If you want respect after death you probably need to do something with your life that demands it.

Valid point.

edit:on the aspect of the 'jackass' jokes
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, lot of goody goodies in here.

Edit: Hey you guys can join the westboro baptist church at his funeral
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/167269/20110622/ryan-dunn-death-dead-westboro-baptist-church-protest-public-service-memorial.htm
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15

Would you like to read this sentence back to yourself?

I don't believe anyone in this forum has a single right to pass judgement, humans make mistakes and you're just as easily viable to make the same.

When it's someone's purpose to harm another, then this would be in a different light.. But that just wasn't the case here.

It was foolery and a mistake that he unfortunately paid for with his life, but nobody deserves that type of judgement.
  • fill3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai wrote: »

I don't believe anyone in this forum has a single right to pass judgement, humans make mistakes and you're just as easily viable to make the same.

When it's someone's purpose to harm another, then this would be in a different light.. But that just wasn't the case here.

It was foolery and a mistake that he unfortunately paid for with his life, but nobody deserves that type of judgement.

Started to doubt myself on this view..
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, lot of goody goodies in here.

Edit: Hey you guys can join the westboro baptist church at his funeral
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/167269/20110622/ryan-dunn-death-dead-westboro-baptist-church-protest-public-service-memorial.htm
    I dunno man... there's a difference between someone who gives himself a lighter fluid enema and then farts on a blow torch and someone that spends their life making society a better place.

I'm not going to shit on people who are genuinely broken up by his death, but seriously I'm not putting the guy on a pedestal like his life or death meant something profound.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, i think in a lot of ways the jackass guys live hard for "the rest of us". Almost killed stevo. It's not always fun and games being the clown, and it's these guys' jobs to only show the good times, so i think it is pretty easy to be a bit mean spirited at their deaths, "He had it coming! The dude just partied and drank all day!" who knows, that was his job.

Not saying these guys are hero's but they did make the world a better place in some respects, even if it was just laughing at a dude get punched in the balls by a midget, cuz lord knows, I can't recall ever being punched in the balls by a midget.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Some one call all the judges and tell them their fired, the rule of law no longer applies. Let out all the death row prisoners, everyone gets unlimited chances to fuck up their lives and no one will ever think bad of them.

I'd be worried if society stopped passing judgement on chuckle heads.

If he had survived and the passenger died he would be charged with manslaughter.
    Let that sink in a bit.

The only reason he's not being charged is because he murdered himself also...
    It wasn't an "oh opps don't do that next time ok" accident. This wasn't a "oh man his breaks failed" or "some crazy nut was taking off their shirt while the passenger steered" type of accident. His direct actions fuckin murdered another person. So just because he's dumb enough to sit behind a jet engine he's some kind of hero? Fuck that.

Serriously you think this guy deserves the same respect that Brian Wood does?
    Fuck that... people have worth and how you live your life dictates how your remembered. You can't be a dirt bag your entire life, murder someone as you commit suicide and expect have a statue erected in your honor...

I've been properly fucked up many times and never gotten behind the wheel. No matter how plowed I've been it's never been something I've considered.
    Drinking and doing 130mph down the road is about as smart as playing with loaded hand guns... He knew the risks and thought he could beat them. Those that weren't really touched by him as a person are probably more broken up about their own mortality being wagged in their face like a fist full of shit, then they are about a "beautiful person" committing suicide.

Unfortunately he passed the judgement on himself, I'm just observing the results.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not condoning what he did, as I am completely against drinking and driving. Hell, I don't even drink myself. However, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to view it as murder. Yes, he is responsible for his actions, and he should have known the risks, but doesn't that go for the passenger as well? He willingly got into a car with an intoxicated driver. He's responsible for that action and he should have known the risks. It's dangerous to do that with any person driving, let alone a person who made their living doing stunts.
  • Rai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15

Are you implying that the many deaths caused by silly incidents are deserved?

I've lost 4 family members due to drinking and driving, drug abuse and murder, for silly personal mistakes that all had to due with substance abuse and the people they were with.

I'll never mutter under my breath, saying that they deserved it, I could just as easily have made the same mistakes.. That does not make them any less of a human than myself.

This does not make anyone a hero, it does not make anyone a failure, it's just unfortunate and we'll only learn from their mistakes and move on.

Also,

29vzz7s.jpg
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    I'll never mutter under my breath, saying that they deserved it, I could just as easily have made the same mistakes...

I'm not trying to knock you or family members passed, but just wanted to say.

It'd be really really hard for me to do 130mph while drunk off my ass. I don't even know if I could get drunk enough to do that, I'd probably throw up or pass out long before that thought even occurred to me.

Like, forgetting your keys in the car. That's easy to do. Could happen to anyone.

Deciding to do something like what Ryan Dunn did...that's uh...not so understandable. That takes a special kind of dedication to fuckuppery.
  • Nekomata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    o7

You will be missed.