Home General Discussion

Brawl trophies, additional photos

r13
founder
Offline / Send Message
r13 founder
I have a few of beauty shots of the Brawl trophies for your perusal. As well as a bit of information as a lot of people have inquired as to what these are.

They are 3d printed in a hard thermal plastic. It's similar in properties to the stiff plastic parts of a PS3/Xbox controller. They are not very heavy and will break if you drop them repeatedly cause you weren't paying attention. [facepalm] A prototyping place here locally, Austin, Texas, worked with me to get them printed using their equipment. Once I had the raw prints in hand, I hand sanded them down to as smooth as I could get them and painted them with some extremely temperamental mirror finish metallic paints. I can't tell you how many times I painted these things to get a decent surface. It's been an interesting project for sure. While everyone else has been working on the contest or participating on it, I've been scrubbing on these little guys. And a thank you needs to go out to divii as well. I concepted the trophies and handed it off to him to produce the model that I had printed for us. It's nice having minions. ^_^

GreenToothBrawlTrophies02.jpg

GreenToothBrawlTrophies04.jpg

GreenToothBrawlTrophies03.jpg

GreenToothBrawlTrophies05.jpg

GreenToothBrawlTrophies07.jpg

GreenToothBrawlTrophies06.jpg

And here is some in progress shots I had taken:

boxtooth.jpg

rawtooth.jpg

grrr.jpg

polishing.jpg

copper.jpg