Home General Discussion

MW3 info leaked. - Discussion

Replies

• odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Takes 260 hours to get to... What? Did you actually play the game...? lol.

Besides, doesn't matter what I say anyway, the game will sell by the shit load and it will be lapped up... But I do think that everybody is starting to feel a little worn out now with the series.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    http://kotaku.com/5804735/the-maker-of-modern-warfare-3-has-moved-beyond-its-modern-warfare-2-tech

Looks like the ranting out the ass bit didnt work out so well for you Odium :(

Gameplay trailer coming!
  • Andreas
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    no offense to the people saying it hasnt changed but let me see every new release of COD has been a best selling game.

why would activision shell out a ton of money for a new game when COD is keeps becoming the best seller with minor changes.

there not going to stop milking COD till sales fucking plummet on COD games, and once that happens it will be rinse and repeat with a new IP.

it's about money not fucking games.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    passerby wrote: »
    no offense to the people saying it hasnt changed but let me see every new release of COD has been a best selling game.

why would activision shell out a ton of money for a new game when COD is keeps becoming the best seller with minor changes.

there not going to stop milking COD till sales fucking plummet on COD games, and once that happens it will be rinse and repeat with a new IP.

it's about money not fucking games.

This is true, but the companies they absorb don't do it just for the money, it took a lot of passoinate people to create the products they buy out. They muscle their way in, take over IPs with a solid build and lasting appeal and then milk it till the genera is dead, throwing scabs at open positions till no one wants to play the genera any more. As a whole the gaming industry makes less money due to the monopolized console environment but Activision makes a profit by funneling the lessened market into one lump. The consumers are as guilty as anyone, but it's no ones fault for having bad taste or for falling victim to the hype generated by the media, this happens in all mediums. Look at television, music, and movies. Rehashed, formulaic media sells.

At the end of the day Call of Duty is a damn good game that had massive, far reaching and lasting appeal, just like madden, just like guitar hero. Activision knew this better than anyone and now EA does too. Now I'm not trying to say all games need to innovate, many games such as first person shooters, starcraft, street fighter, have reached a polish that makes them more of a sport than a game. Don't fix what not broken. What i take issue with is the negative aura these companies have had on the industry as a whole, stifeling new IP and ideas to wring out a few more dollars. Profits are shared among ad agencies and HR rather than new blood to generate new ideas. Profitable in the short term, but down the road the indsutry as a whole will suffer from a lack of new content and jaded gamers, it's happened before. So long as juggernauts WoW, CoD, and Madden. etc. are around to keep the platforms afloat and profitable i don't see things changing though.

I don't even know what i'm blabbering about at this point, mostly just agreed with you. Yes it's just about the money. "how do we compeet with Battlefield 3?" Throw in exploding trains and sh*t, make sure we have 5x more American flags." I'd wager both battlefield 3 and the next COD are secretly developing a mission where you take out bin laden.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Apparently thats been hinted at in some viral material 'leaked' from MW3 crazy...
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I definitely see improvements and the overall action is impressive, but it's just so over the top. They really ought to take PC Gamer's advice and just make a movie already. Some of the "destruction" looks really rough right now (when the subway takes out the pillar) but it might get better.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah... a cod movie would slay at the box office. I think it's only a matter of time.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I'm kind of curious, how many yearly Call of Duty releases can be made before fans get bored of it?
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.

peanut butter and jaaaaaaaaaam

haters_Haters_Gonna_Hate-s526x350-62877-580.jpg
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    It feels and looks more like an all out war. I hope the story for this one has better story telling. But then again, who wants to follow a story with all those people to shoot at and big explosions and buildings falling!
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    I wanted to hate it out of principal for what happened to the folks at Infinity Ward, but that trailer is fantastic and I'm now really excited for MW3.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Haha 'its the exact same game everytime!'. Fuck, hilarious comment.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    adam wrote: »
    Haha 'its the exact same game everytime!'. Fuck, hilarious comment.

truly.

While people sit in some corner getting angry at what other people play, the people who play are actually having fun.

Loved the two first ones, this looks like it might be just as fun.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Textures seem a lot sloppier and lower resolution than Codblops. Really thought the SP in MW2 was trash -- a real slog. I didn't bother with Blops because I didn't really care for WaW.

My biggest issue with these games is that I find the core gameplay just not fun. If I wanted to hide behind some boxes with red jelly on my face for hours I can do it better in real life, thanks.
  • crazyfingers