Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dwarf warrior / engineer

A hey to everyone,

As you might see this is my first post and project in this Forum.
Just short this project is going to be a highpoly render and hopefully a game character in the end.
This is the first sculpt of the head, still need a level of detail, but it will be postet soon.

Critic is more that welcome, thx.

Dwarf_sculpt1_pers.jpgDwarf_sculpt1_front.jpgDwarf_sculpt1_right.jpg

Replies

• Dunkan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello there again,

Just a quick update, still working around the smaller detailes. Have just made a smaller PS paintover. Hope you like it.

Dwarf_sculpt3_paintover.jpg
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hullo and welcome :D

Did a wee paintover:
    atrq52.jpg

Aside from those, you might want to go in and sharpen up creases and such, the low frequency stuff still looks a bit blobby.

However I do think it will help to see him with beard and bushy brows.

Keep on truckin' :D
  • duxun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i agree with the critique below... his mouth would deform like he is describing.

great model keep it up !!
  • Dunkan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update :D

Ey bbob and duxun, thanks for the citique, it was very helpfull.

Hope your all like the new render, the next step on the model is some armor, and some gadgets. The beard on him will first be made when i have the upper body-armor done. A paintover will be done later.
    Does have some small changes to him his normal map, have some small mapping errors, nothing huge.

The concept i have made will also be postet later. (Some mix off WoW and Warhammer stuff.)

As always critique is always welcome.

Dwarf_sss_v009.jpg
  • JustinPunio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the lighting in the render ...the anatomy needs some tweaking, the caruncula part is too large and the top lip is too thin, but this just subjective :D
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Looks cool, both close the mouth more.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    All in all it's looking good, the render is certainly pretty. However, the eyes are looking strange, the skin isn't hugging the eyeball enough and it is making it look like someone wearing a well made dwarf Halloween mask. I think you just need to pull the skin in tighter around the eyeball. I did a quick mock-up in case you didn't know what I was talking about.

dwarfeyesuggestion.jpg