Home General Discussion

Run your own studio how you want!

Replies

• crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    haha yea, I was up til 3am last night on it. If only game development was this easy, I would be rich haha.
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    eld wrote: »
    oh my god '"online rpg" genre unlocked.

you just beat the game right there.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ok so I started to play this game while I was coming home, next thing I know im on the golden throne handling business still playing this, next thing I know im laying down in bed and playing this, and now its monday and im still playing this getting ready for work soon.

what the hell why is a game about work so much fun?

Oh wait , duh, cuz video games are meant to be fun

hur hur hur.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    seforin wrote: »
    ok so I started to play this game while I was coming home, next thing I know im on the golden throne handling business still playing this, next thing I know im laying down in bed and playing this, and now its monday and im still playing this getting ready for work soon.

what the hell why is a game about work so much fun?

Oh wait , duh, cuz video games are meant to be fun

hur hur hur.

It's the age old myth that real-life stuff and work isn't fun.

It's sort of how no one could imagine how big of a hit the sims was to become..
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    I normally HATE these kind of games.. But this one had me addicted. I played today until 5AM..
    Got to the 20yr mark.. Didn't really accomplish anything so I may start over now :) or just quit. Haven't decided.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    VPrime wrote: »
    I normally HATE these kind of games.. But this one had me addicted. I played today until 5AM..
    Got to the 20yr mark.. Didn't really accomplish anything so I may start over now :) or just quit. Haven't decided.

genres and theme levels are kept when you restart, so there's lots of replayability there :P
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I can't stop playing this game!!

Finished 2 cycles now!!! Almost all my genres and themes are lvl 5! I should really have kept going with the robot dude you get when you finish the game (UBER stats).
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    VPrime wrote: »

lol same here, played it until 6 am. Fantastic game! My main money maker "sexy zoo party" is on it's 7th critically acclaimed sequel now :)
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Motion Mini skirt game hooked me incredible sales. That and golf games seem to be my thing...
    Golf Action rpg's anyone? :)

What do you guys usually go for?
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Wow, looks awesome. Wish it would come to Android.
    Does your office get bigger btw ?
    Yozora wrote: »
    Need more android love!
    Agreed

I need this on my Desire!! :(
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I used this game to start Dadako studios earlier this year.

Want to start a game dev?

There's an app for that.™
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Just sold 43 million of a game. Feels good man.
    And my console sold about 18 million... So apparently my game is so good that people buy my game multiple times for their console.

Or it's because of my sinister "death"-feature. You die in the game, your disc stops working! (I made this last part up :( )
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I actually got a chance to play this game over the weekend. (I had five or six hours in the car where someone else was driving) So much freaking fun! I managed to get to the point where I was producing my very first sequel. I've also leveled up and "improved" all of my staff to an excessive degree. The salaries are minuscule compared to the licencing costs for consoles, so I don't mind throwing 200k annually at my star producer.

I guess the next big step is to hire a hardware designer and start developing my very own platform. I'll probably need to save up some extra green before I can hope to produce that.

My biggest sales titles tend to be simulation golf games. But my greatest critical success was a strategy war game.
  • evilblah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evilblah polycounter lvl 18
    I have beaten it twice now and I never find the Hardware people... Am I missing something here? Do I need to job change someone into it?

Also, Mister X or "The Luchadore" as I like to call him is awesome!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I hired the monkey, who was a hardware engineer. Went on to release a ton of games on it, and ended the 20 year mark at 1,101,860k, my console Qupecco is at 20mil units at 20y... i cant stop playing this game haha. Havent gotten the robot guy, but use the monkey & bear!

photo.PNG
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    evilblah wrote: »
    I have beaten it twice now and I never find the Hardware people... Am I missing something here? Do I need to job change someone into it?

Also, Mister X or "The Luchadore" as I like to call him is awesome!

Upgrade them to Level 5, then switch careers.

In fact, switch ALL their careers to level 5.

When you have enough of their base careers at level 5
    (designer, sound engineer, writer, coder) you unlock producer
    When you level up producer to level 5, you get to unlock Director

When you level up Director to level 5, I think you either get Hardware Enginer, or Hacker (Which is extreme uber stats).

My salaries are well over $100million.

Its why the stats are less important than the stamina. High stamina is the best for any recruit, because they have much more output before needing to work.

Don't bother buying with the boosts. Sometimes my graphics and fun go well over 500.

XD
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    50mil is my best selling game, i bet i could get more out of it also.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Just picked this up two says ago. HOLY FUCK this game is AWESOME. I was like ok I will try it out for like 30min at 12 and next thing I know its 4am.

Just bump incase anyone else hasnt seen the game yet, so addictive.
  • BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    Hahah that's amazing I heard something about this, needs more fps/ gray scale then they could sell it for 15dollars haha.
  • Don Karnage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh sweet, you guys know about this too.
    The public love buying my Bookstore Simulation games more than anything...
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i just cant seem to figure out how it works. it seems like im doing all the right things, good graphics, playability, sound etc, but my games always tank. and if they do bring in a lot of money, i always just barely break even or come out at a loss. i eventually ran out of money and closed shop.
  • Turbosmooth Operator
    Looks to me like Gamebiz2, just with a much better interface.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    note to self, if Serozh ever offers you a fabulous job opportunity to join a new studio he started up safe money is on a no :P

I also think it has to do with game type combination's. My latest and most successful game that got a 38 out of 40 critic score also won worst game of the year. Seriously who doesn't want to play an Architecture Adventure game?
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Awww, fuck... I really wanna play this and i have no phone ;( Anyone know if theres a chance for the PC version to get translated?
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    OMG...i bought this game and i couldn't keep it down..wasn't a good idea since I'm in school xD Its a great game
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im surprised how much of a box in a box concept this game is and I enjoy it

(playing a game about work, while im on my way to work, while im at work and im inbetween breaks etc I usually play it , and then on my way home from work in which I work at a video game studio I play a game about running a video game studio creating video games)

seriously Pardox here! But im playing my 3rd time around trying to get the most wakey team of people possible, so far I got mister X (lucahdore), king akbar, naked man, and im currently trying to get the supposed bear programmer to join my studio.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    edit:dunno why but double post woops?
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Just shipped my first game and got a total of 35 fans despite terrible reviews. First week sales of 8968. Watch out Black Ops!
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    87 million thats nuts!. now you can afford to move out of that studio...studio.

is anyone else annoyed to hell that the character limit is 14 characters or something like that? i cant make any cool sounding games, i get to the last letter and OH NO YOU CANT DO THAT SORRY.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    my hackers keep slacking, 300+ points in everything, and they keep giving me results in in the high 30s
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Marine wrote: »
    my hackers keep slacking, 300+ points in everything, and they keep giving me results in in the high 30s

job change them! the hackers kept failing at those "let me improve..." things, then i job changed them and they rock!
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    My Japanese rape game made 1 billion sales :O
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I hit year 20 last night and put out my second console, which was the most expensive available. 91m for a 64-bit blu-ray console.

Made some good games along the way too. I had two main series which had an offset release schedule and I just made an MMO too. It's cool how the sales for your console go up when you release a new game. I sold 12 million units of a game on a console that only had 9 million units sold, too.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I just bought this for Android, yay! And it runs great on my Wildfire, which is kinda low-end.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I just bought this for Android, yay! And it runs great on my Wildfire, which is kinda low-end.

omg wtf :o How come I didn't hear any news about this! Bah useless RSS feeds, thank you for this post :D
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like it might be getting a sequel where you run a game shop. It's out for Japan but we'll have to see if it gets localized for English or not.
    http://kotaku.com/5723972/the-iphones-gamiest-game-is-getting-a-little-brother
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10

Ta for the notice, just got it now.

It's all going well except I keep giving S.Presso chances (along with money and all my research) to boost my games and she ALWAYS fails... damn her.
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Just picked it up on the iOS for $1 over the holidays. On my 4th play through now with a hat trick of Games of the Year. :D It's great not having any investors to answer to...I'm $2,000K in the red from overspending on advertising and training all the time, but still $1.6B rich hehe.

Can't get past 50-55M in sales on any game though.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    rawkstar wrote: »
    gamedevstory.jpg

Year 40!!!!! that doesnt count hehe :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I cant help it anymore. They are working on the GameDev Story 2 and there is no PC version of GameDev Story 1 :( .. CAAMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN >.<
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    I cant help it anymore. They are working on the GameDev Story 2 and there is no PC version of GameDev Story 1 :( .. CAAMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN >.<

:( poor Nitewalkr.. don't worry i think i've played enough of 1 for the both of us :)
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I hope they allow multiplatform development in GDS2 then, that's something I kinda miss. Also a better market share distribution system with handhelds vs home consoles would be cool, it's kinda weird they all share the same total market.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Fuck yea, just bought this on Android, playing on my G2. This shit is CRACK. :D
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Year 15 perfect game (wish I'd given it a better title
    219893394.jpg

And a fun little easter egg
    220791164.png
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Wow man, how'd you get so much dough!? By yr30 I only had like 200,000K lol
    Never once got a perfect score though - lots of 38pt'ers
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    wow nice Snowfly, yeh this is pure crack, before this i couldn't imagine myself having fun with a game anything like it, boy was i wrong...