Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP : Joker - Old and Wrinkly

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Daven greentooth
Hey everyone, my final character for my character modeling class is due next Tuesday and I need some feedback to help this move along more smoothly.

I posted some intro stuff in my Sketchbook, but I'll re-post it here because this board seems to be a little more active. Anyways, here's what I've got so far.

Credit for the inspiration goes to Mauricio Herrera with his Arkham Illustration.
ARKHAM_by_el_grimlock.jpg

I decided that I wanted to do an older joker and maybe incorporate some things from the original animated series, such as a Christmas theme, and give him an ugly sweater haha.

christmas-sweater-festival-echoplex.2839908.56-thumb-480x319.jpg
reindeer-sweater-stephanie-fierman.gif
Ugly%20Sweaters%20130.jpg

With that, let us move on to progress.
The low poly model is approx. 7070 Tris including the eyes.

Now, I started this process kind of backwards. I first did a basic Zsketch to get the features of the head, retopologized that and took it into 3DS Max to finish the rest of the body.

Joker_HeadRetopo01.jpg

Here are the low poly shots:

005.png
006.png
007.png
004.png
001.png
002.png
003.png

Right now, I've only had an hour or two to work on the Zsculpt. Here's some preliminary high poly detail.

001-1.png
003-1.png
002-1.png
004-1.png

That's what I have so far. All comments are welcome as well as critiques, criticisms, hand-outs, hand jobs, hand shakes... whatever. Thanks a lot everyone. I'll post more when I get the chance.

Replies