Home Technical Talk

Rendering Issue

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
dang87 polycounter lvl 12
Alright, I'm trying to render my Normal map but I keep coming across an issue. An error keeps coming up saying I need a UV cooridinate on my object.

The following objects require map coordinates and may not render correctly.

(UVW 1): OBJECT NAME

I went and researched that all was needed was a UVW modifier. Tried that and went through the different settings like box, planar etc. yet none worked. I even tried merging into a new file and importing that object once again to be casted from. The error doesn't come up but the details don't cast onto the low poly. I have material IDs on also, I don't know if that is really the issue. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Are you baking down to the appropriate UV Channel?
    Maybe post up a screen of your RTT settings. Might be able to spot something there.
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    Here are my render to texture settings.
  • Piflik
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    Maybe a stupid question, but do you have proper UVs on your Lowpoly object? You have to unwrap it, before you can bake your Normals...a basic UVW Map Modifier won't cut it, you need UVs without any overlapping pieces, or you might get errors...

(if you want to save texture space by overlapping mirrored or copied parts of the mesh in the UVs, you can do that, but you'll have to either detach these parts during baking or move their UVs exactly one unit in either direction...they will use the same texture if you enable tiling, but won't be registered during baking)