Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

FireBurst Artdump

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
Hi guys, i finally got permission to show my work from the game I worked on during my internship at Exdream. I thought people here might be interested in seeing this. It's not all art, there's some tech stuff in there, should be interesting I hope.

here's some images, just click through to my site, there's a description for everything there.

Bridge_Max_BIG01-700x368.jpg

Ship_Big01-700x368.jpg

Car15_Screen01-500x378.jpg

Anyway, i still think this is some of my best work, artistically I can already do slightly better, but in terms of efficiency and technical aspects I'm really proud of it.

Oh yeah, unfortunately this game won't be out anytime soon. Publisher troubles... So no shipped title for me :/

Replies

• dansher
    Offline / Send Message
    dansher polycounter lvl 8
    wow. i love that 4 wheel drive. on a different but not completely random note are you planning on making a motorbike anytime soon? i would love to see that i think it would be amazing
    that bridge looks crazy detailed

*edit* that PhoenixShader is really really really cool!:thumbup::thumbup:
  • X-Convict
    Offline / Send Message
    X-Convict polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work laurens, bridge looks cool in-game!
  • bluekangaroo
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    very nice work Xoliul. I've always been interested in doing a bridge like that after playing through gta4, just never got around to it. What I love about it is that the tile-ing is not as obvious or noticeable as lets say a brick wall or some ground texture.
  • BradMyers82
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Yeah, that 4 wheel looks great! Always awesome to see new work from you. Thanks for sharing.
  • Autocon
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Great looking work there Laurens. Not only from the technical side of things but artistically too. Shame to hear about not getting a shipped title from it though :(
  • Thegodzero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Really nice work indeed!
  • rasmus
    Good work! I applaud the versatility of the boat textures, but have to question the point since the whole boat still looks the same all over ;)
  • Snader
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Such a pity that you have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like the boat to have unique details on the rust, and then you have 5 identical domes in the same orientation. Seems to me that you could've (should've?) sacrificed some of the hull for an bit more texture variation on the domes and containers.
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    internship... you gotta be kidding us o_O
  • Xoliul
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks a lot everybody! It's really nice to see this sort of response.

dansher: i started one once, made a topic on Polycount even, just never continued it. I still think I will finish it one day.

regarding the ship textures: I think i'd be able to do them more efficiently now, especially the crashed plane from my current env has taught me some new techniques. Still, you have to keep in mind you frequently drive past these ships and they are huge next to the player, so tiling really shouldn't be apparent.
    And the LNG tank textures are kept generic so the repetition isn't obvious, I agree it might contrast a bit with the hull texture approach, but you never actually get next to the LNG tanks as you do with the hull.
    (btw Snader, I thought you were pulling a joke on me with that first sentence, lol, good thing you made a decent comment out of it)

Neox: yeah, they couldn't hire me afterwards unfortunately. I actually put this online because I'm starting to look for a new job.
  • Christian Hjerpe
    Offline / Send Message
    Christian Hjerpe polycounter lvl 11
    Cool stuff Laurens! Nice and interesting with the breakdowns.
    Like Steffen said, internship? They should´ve hired your ass right away!
  • tda
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    Really great work dude, top notch.