Home General Discussion

New polycount bug reporting thread

Replies

• Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    I also have problems with the new posts - I haven't checked for about 24 hrs, and there's only 2 posts showing as green? Very odd.

I'll second darkening the BG of the signatures, I've had to turn them off for now to get a nice reading experience. I'd also love to have the box above the message's BG a bit darker (name, & time posted). Basically just make the post stand out a tiny bit more for readability.

And where's the jump to first unread post? I remember that from a long time ago, and it went away at some point, I loved that feature!!
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    Looking at a forum, clicking the green arrow to "go to last post" on the right hand side under the user name.

If you are logged in and perform this, it goes to the last post of that thread. If you are logged out and perform this same operation, it just goes to the top of the page of that thread.

So typically, if you are not logged in, it orders oldest post at the top, newest post at the bottom. Logged in, orders newest post at the top, oldest post at the bottom. If this makes any sense............. being logged out and clicking "go to last post" you are not really going to the last post, you're going to the top of the page.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    bbob wrote: »
    j9lm5t.jpg

By the way, forgot to say, I really dig the slim posts :D

EDIT: Oh, shite, nvm, tried to clear my cache, d'oh! >_<

I miss this page.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    I'm confused as to why I'm being told to attack certain threads.
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    Its an "H" at the end, so its attach. It just lets you know there are attached images in the thread. I was wondering the same thing for awhile as well haha.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I like the attack better.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    I thought the same would be easier to change the word attach to an image of a paperclip
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nm
    k, it works now if you're logged out once you go into a forum or subforum, but not from the front forum page.
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    Excellent job organizing technical talk!
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert wrote: »
    Looking at a forum, clicking the green arrow to "go to last post" on the right hand side under the user name.

If you are logged in and perform this, it goes to the last post of that thread. If you are logged out and perform this same operation, it just goes to the top of the page of that thread.

So typically, if you are not logged in, it orders oldest post at the top, newest post at the bottom. Logged in, orders newest post at the top, oldest post at the bottom. If this makes any sense............. being logged out and clicking "go to last post" you are not really going to the last post, you're going to the top of the page.

bumping because this is still bugged on the front forum page.
    it works fine now if you are in a forum like GD, or P&P, but at the front end, if you are logged out, still bugged.
  • Norron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    I am having an issue when posting with Firefox 3.6.3.

It takes several clicks to be able to start typing in the box and when I hit "submit reply" it tells me "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters." and clears the reply box.

No problems with IE 9 though.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    This isn't so much a bug as a suggestion to fix a minor annoyance, but would it be possible to change the 'go to last post' button so it's a little bigger?

Kind of like this:
    y626f.jpg
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    I don't care about "go to LAST post" as much as "Go to first new post", myself... especially on the massive threads like the "What are you working on" thread.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    I miss the timeout of new posts, it seem threads is shown as read after short while, would it be possible to make it so posts stay green until read?
  • kite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite polycounter lvl 17
    edit: moved to suggestions thread
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I've updated things so that hopefully unread threads REMAIN green while read threads remain grey.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    it has happened to me on several occasions when i would abort a loading page by clicking back and would get a screen similar to this

Untitled-1%20copy.jpg

i also dunno what does my sig do at the bottom :?
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Click on a subforum, click Search>Advanced Search and in the 'keywords' area..

SELECT option_name, option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Its funny. Clicking this link posted earlier by Moose
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/images/greenfox/misc/paperclip2.gif
    actually fixed the broken 'attach' icon for me. It used to show as a broken image ever since launch but now I can see it where it is supposed to be. (Chrome on OSX)