Torchlight by Runic Games

Replies

• Lamont
  • Lamont
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Man great news all around, I'm happy this time around everything is working well for these guys :)
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    So freaking excited to get out there and start workin' on this shtuff!!!
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Did they make an exporter for Max 2008 and earlier? I tried the one on the site and the general Ogre exporter, but they seem to be for Max 2009 and above and refuse to load.

Love the game, the editor, although a little quirky with the way its axis and command keys go is pretty quick to make a playable level.

Oh and the game is a lot of fun, even for someone like me who only usually plays FPS, its a nice change of pace, and the art/music creates a rich atmosphere that's extremely absorbing, and very addictive.
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    Johnny - yeah when it first came out it seemed to be max2009 only, as far as i know - nothings changed.... : (
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    I wish they would make the tools and exporters for older versions of 3ds max, because the newer versions is getting more and more bloat and heavy, without adding much to the daily use of it (at least not for modellers imo). Same with photoshop, got CS4 right now and damn I got problems just drawing a curve, because the brush lags behind. The whole "upgrade computer" comments just shouldn't be used, because whatever they add to the program, it shouldn't slow down the program itself that much, not while using the basic functions.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Are there really no ogre exporters for 2008?, ogre has been around longer than that no?
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    Guys did you try OgreMax. Its compatible with max right back to max8. I used it a while back on a short project and JME. worked pretty nicely.

That said im not sure if Runic did any custom work on their exporters.
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Achmedthesnake- it looks that way, and it's a shame, the game, the editor, ALL run fine on my (now 6 year old) PC (AMD Athlon 64+ 3200/1.5gb Ram/Nvdid 6800 GT).

McGreed - Agreed - back in the days of the C64, they'd cram so much into so small a place through elegant, smart and efficient programming, these day's it's like the software companies are in complete cahoots with the chip/mobo manufacturers to turn out increasingly sluggish bloatware in order to force people to upgrade every new version, and a lot of the time to just be able to do the same shit you were doing before on the old version at the same speed or faster!

r_fletch_r - I'll give Ogremax a go, I donwloaded the command line tools and another max exporter from a link on the Ogre wiki, but that also required version 2009 or above.

If all else fails, if I make something totally radical, perhaps I can convince someone with Max 2009 to export for me.

Not sure what the take-up was on 2009/2010, but I'm reasonably sure there are plenty of people still on 2008 or older, given that many places I've worked they've still been using version 6 or 7 of photoshop still. :p
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    in the unlikely event that there's no 2008 exporter, which is a really strange thing, considering the open nature of ogre, there's also the well documented blender exporter to use.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    this is the info I found on ogremax:

What Is OgreMax?
    OgreMax contains a number of scene exporters for 3DS Max, Maya, and Softimage. They export a scene definition as well as the meshes, materials, lights, cameras, and other objects contained within it.

OgreMax also consists of a pair of viewers that allow you to view your exported scenes.

What 3D Packages Are Supported?
    As of May 1, 2010, the following are supported:
    * 3D Studio Max 2011 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * 3D Studio Max 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * 3D Studio Max 2009 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * 3D Studio Max 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * 3D Studio Max 9 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * 3D Studio Max 8
    * Maya 2011 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * Maya 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * Maya 2009 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * Maya 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * Softimage 2011 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * Softimage 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * XSI 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    * XSI 6 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll give that a go tomorrow, I've still got to uninstall the other ones, every time max loads I get a dll error. :P

BTW, is this a bug, or am I missing something - I got an alchemist @ level 59, but can't get level 11 on the embers-lightening? :poly117:
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Pretty sure skills cap at 10, but can be increased by items, buffs etc.
    There is probably a mod out there that removes the skill cap, though...!
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav wrote: »
    Pretty sure skills cap at 10, but can be increased by items, buffs etc.
    There is probably a mod out there that removes the skill cap, though...!

hmm, yeah, must be, am level 63 now, still no level 11 option for ember shield.

I've installed the OgreMax exporter, just exported a cube @ 128x128- gonna see what size it comes into torch ed.

Edit- Fail :(