Home General Discussion

The Final Fantasy XIII Thread

Replies

• moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    may be the only one left playing... but heh, been busy!

im lvl.5 in all but one role, finally got the Growth Egg, and grinding out the giant turtle guys for money to make ultimate weapons! If you're looking to grind out CP, do it in the Faultwarrens!! go A1 > B1> C2> D2 > E2, and kill everything! If you're pumped up you can get 100k CP in 20 min, went through 3 or 4 times with the Growth Egg to max out some roles.

The big turtle guys are fun to fight, but i've been cheesing them pretty hardcore. If you summon at the start (buff a little first, let him stomp once), it'll fall to its knees. I use Bahamut, and buff him up, debuff the turtle, and just destroy! Once you exit you can get stagger quickly from 3x Ravs, then kill him with Com/Com/Rav. Made 600k gil in 2hrs, and close to 600k CP.

Waiting for the super rare drop from them, one of these kills.... Have 3 ribbons now though, finally! THe only things that drop em are the flowering cactaurs in the faultwarrens @ 1%. ughhhh. Ah well, they're good CP :)

I had a theory, that failed. I had thought if all party members had all roles, the Paradigms would not change if you swapped party members. I was wrong, fail Square, fail. Still hate swapping people.

Getting close to putting this game to bed! yay
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    I've finished t the other day. And I have some sort of mixed feelings.
    I'll put it that way - For me it wasn't as good as FF X(my personal favourite), but it still was one of the best games I've played in years, and the visuals are simply best ever.

I'm not into all that grinding things tho.=)
    So I'll just get PS2 back finish up with FF XII since I left somewhere at 30hrs.)

And yeah I totally owe FFXIII my desire to draw again. It was really an input of great conctrated art, that I longed for so much.
    So thanks, Square, do you guys except overseas janitors or something, 'cause I'd totally love to^_^
  • xvampire
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Haha quarter of a nipple!
    BTW there is some very good metasequoia threedee on the linked site
    http://www.cute.or.jp/~makuchan/wore.html
  • rolfness
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    I'm hating this game... /sigh
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    came across this topic over at reddit concerning the xbox edition. Basically the guy lost his connection to live while playing and the game would not let him save.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/bj7f5/i_lose_my_link_to_xbl_whilst_playing_final/

Anyone here able to confirm/deny this? (havn't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned already)
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    the final hunt is rough!! its fucking hard haha... Though, it sucks they used the same base model as the other dudes like him, and not a unique, badass, cool model. :\

Also, trying to fight and win vs a Long Gui (one of the achievements) also sucks. Got through 3 or 4 cycles, and got him below half health (of 15 million, and 1 mil per leg....), but fell behind on buffs and healing and was wiped out after 15 minutes :( sad.

Finally got a rare drop of the 2mil gil component that lets you get to T3 weapons... too bad i only have one. Fang is badass now though, heh. Need to get my other two main party members their ultimate weapons and then ill be set. read about a trick of dismantling one of Fang's weapons to make 3x ultimate components, going to do that!
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Keg wrote: »
    came across this topic over at reddit concerning the xbox edition. Basically the guy lost his connection to live while playing and the game would not let him save.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/bj7f5/i_lose_my_link_to_xbl_whilst_playing_final/

Anyone here able to confirm/deny this? (havn't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned already)
    I never had this problem and I regularly re/unconnect my xbox while playing (because I only have one lan cable and need to switch it between my computer and xbox) :P

Ughhh I played for 30 hours now and this game DOES NOT END!!! Im comletely bored with it now so Im just playing to finish it now. I am at that tower with all the statues, any guess on how much longer I need to play to finish?
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    hey,kwakkie, it took me 46,5h, so my wild guess is, that you just have ~10 more hours to go!;-)
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    I'm hating this game... /sigh

At the moment i'm sighing a lot, about 9/10 hours in, i think. My brother lent me Dead Space, and theres a stark difference between instant gratification and grinding away. I killed FF2 on the Gameboy, and played several iterations afterwards, not all of them though, somehow it doesn't seem as fun as it used to. Gonna stick at it and hopefully it'll come good.
  • MegaMoogle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MegaMoogle polycounter lvl 9
    DX I'm 21 hours into the game and my boyfriend's 360 RROD-ed, just as the story was really starting to get interesting. Gahhh!
  • MegaMoogle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MegaMoogle polycounter lvl 9
    Keg wrote: »

We don't have xbox live at all at the moment, so I find this very hard to believe since ours isn't even hooked up to the internet, and I've never had a problem saving.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    AWesome to see your still going strong Moose!!!!!

I'm only at about 20 hours so far, planning to finish it before i head off to the US!

Im loving the combat and story so far, though honestly it took a bit of warming up - but im really engrossed now. Loving the characters and their developments, one major thing I really really like hands down is the fact that MP have been done away with, I've been wanting this for years!!!

P.S The naked Vanille model is definately used in the game, during the cutscene where shes coming out from her ****************..... not that i paid close attention to that cutscene or anything......
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I need to get back to it :(

I found out the event i triggered that spawned the Shalong Gui adn Long Gui is a permanent thing once you beat the hunt to kill the Adamantoise. Everything i was using to farm money is gone :( May need to go back to
    Cocoon
    and fight the one there over and over :(

was pissed off my money making scheme was ruined, and i still need tier 3 weapons! May still go bacy, i think my rage has subsided :)
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Ive been back for a week and been looking for some time to get back into it.. but I saw demon souls on sale in asia for about US$20 and picked it up.