Home General Discussion

2010 Winter Olympics

Replies

• MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    slipsius wrote: »
    there's native stuff all of the place guys... maybe you just arent looking?

agree

I think a lot of stereotypes occur because people just see the extremes: garbage picking/public drunkennes and the full powow culture demo during events. When in truth a lot of aborigines have integrated into society, just minus the trad costumes. Some still keep their braids but they're not bums.

Worked with a native once at a newpaper printing plant. He's like 50-60 but man he was fit. He wasn't muscled up at all, he just moved fast and lifted bails of newsprint like a 20 yr old.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Gav wrote: »
    Edit> Anyone else think KD Lang looks like Wayne Newton?

I was just going to say that... hehehe :)
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    slipsius wrote: »

there's native stuff all of the place guys... maybe you just arent looking? and this was more about the roots of our country. we are culturally strong.

We dont have any culture at all. None. "We" I mean white Canada. We have ZERO culture. If you are white, you dont say "We" IMO. Our white culture is summed up in a single simpsons or south park episode (which is what makes them funny...) Native canada does have great culture but the people themselves are not benefiting in quality of life from the culture at all from what i see. Not nearly as much as white Canada is by parading it around at something like the olympics. That is what i was implying...

Go to the highest grossing largest business in canada or really any decent paying job lets say and check the ratio of native to white - then go to main and hastings and do the same. I dont mean to be harsh - but the reality is just that. Ok thats an issue in itself, but what makes me sick is that then Canada takes the native population and showcases it as our most precious cultural resourse (which it is) while ignoring their seething problems in day to day year to year decade to decade of life. Does anyone else get nauseous by this? im embarrassed by it.

Of course White Canada isnt discrimitory just to Natives, anything we call a precious resource we typically rape on a daily basis. Water Trees we want to fuck everything, thats our lot.

Ok Gav, you're right, not the place to rant about this, but I dont post on any other forums, and besides, im white, so its typical for me to rant about how things are soooo wrong but at the same time do nothing substantial to actually change anything... actions you will find at any high priced university. Thats why I fit the white profile by ranting about politics on a 3D art board manned entirely 99% by young white males.

Im gonna go make a noose now.... and just stare at it for a while