Home General Discussion

Battlefield Bad company 2

Battlefield Bad company 2, whos getting it ?
who has played the Battlefield Bad company 2, PS3 Beta ?
Unfortunately Myself I have missed out on the Beta.
I'm really excited about this game, It will be a must buy for me, I'm getting it the day its released!
Who else is excited about this game ?

This is a video of the Battlefield Bad Company 2, Beta online gameplay.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T-X1eDrE88[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xttxsuSOq0&NR=1[/ame]

Replies

• Pankake
    Offline / Send Message
    Pankake polycounter lvl 11
    Looks just like Bad Company 1 really, played that for a while which just ended up being like BF2 :P. I dunno, the BF series is just getting stale for me.
    Do like the sounds though.
  • 3DLee
    I should really reinstall BF2, I loved that game. I'm going to be getting BC2 mainly because the BF series is about as good as it gets for semi-realistic multiplayer shooters with infantry, vehicles, and aircraft, as well as the stance that DICE has taken on the PC version of the game.
  • doc rob
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I'm damn excited that this game is going to be on PC. Battlefield just plays better on the PC, IMO. So, I'm going to play the heck out of this thing.
  • Matabus
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Yep, super-psyched.
  • CrazyMatt
    Pankake wrote: »
    Looks just like Bad Company 1 really, played that for a while which just ended up being like BF2 :P. I dunno, the BF series is just getting stale for me.
    Do like the sounds though.

I ditto this as well.

I think there is much that can be done with BF series in general. But problem to me stands that the designers are quite poor in creative solutions from DICE. (Otherwise, it's a marketing design approach to pro-long the users need to seek more of the game, bit by bit. All concealed in constraints that newer game ideas are out of spectrum from DICE. With a newer implementation such as destructible terrain, buildings, ect.)

BF2 BC looks "cool", but I think I will wait 2-3 years until DICE actually does enough with the IP. Where I can see all these "major minor" enhancements implemented into a $50.00 worth game. As destructible terrain, buildings. Is more really like a $10.00 feature. Adding a larger player count to 128 for a change. Would be like a $7.00 feature. Meanwhile, what already exists is worth about $5-10.00.
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    ll get it for PC.
    and will destroy all campers mercilessly with big artillery and tank rockets.

also
    ...i hope this picture is true :
    46394762.jpg

hmm some cons :
    depth realism feature is good, but sacrificing good old battlefield feature is hurting BF fans ....
    i remember bf hack to put 128 player in one map. yeah it is actually works lolz ....
  • TheWinterLord
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    I tried the beta :)
    I need to play on PC though, where i think its going to be awesome! :)
    MW 2 got boring really fast, its fun half the time when it works like its intended to but even there it got some flaws a player like me just cant stand. hope this will be my new shooter :P I can hope.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Getting this for sure. BC1 is one of my favorites. There is nothing better than taking your friends dog tags, followed promptly by a teabag.

The destructible environments were always awesome, but it looks like they took it even further with BC2. The gameplay trailer where they show the wooden fence splintering apart and the buildings pancaking on themselves blew my mind.
  • o2car
    Offline / Send Message
    o2car polycounter lvl 16
    If there is interest I might be able to provide a beta key. PM me
  • z3phon
    Offline / Send Message
    z3phon polycounter lvl 12
    I've been playing the beta quiet a lot. Will definitely pick this up once its released.
  • 3DLee
    o2car wrote: »
    If there is interest I might be able to provide a beta key. PM me

PC or PS3? :)
  • o2car
    Offline / Send Message
    o2car polycounter lvl 16
    PS3 beta is whats running at the moment.
  • Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Matabus wrote: »
    Yep, super-psyched.
    Enemy Sniper spotted!

BAIL OUT!!
  • motives
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    hmm, I think you guys should play it before you pass judgment. We have changed a ton of stuff beside the fact that it's totally new maps. New weapons and a bunch of tweaks to the experience shooting. New game modes and classes, deeper and richer persistance and unlock tree to name some of it. You also get a full single player campaign that is heaps better than the one of bc1 (hopefully...)

I'm actually kind of insulted that you valu our game to 5-10$ like some beerglass iPhone-App :)
  • TheWinterLord
    Offline / Send Message
    well people like that probably dont know much about game development. I eagerly await the next installement waiting since battlefield 2142. Ohwell cant get angry about what people say on the internet lols. :)
  • Gilgamesh
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Tanks + helo = campage, it was in 1942/3 it was in bf2 and bf2142, I don't know when they will learn that vehicular combat really doesn't sit well with FPS gaming (all imo of course). Not that I didn't enjoy 1942 and bf2 (and ever heroes to a point) but I will go back to MW or MW2 every time because it's just that more intense, having to get a jeep or some sort of transport just to get back into the action really annoys me. It's like 5-10s of combat .. die 60s just to get back to the action.

Anyone in the current beta know if they have any more game modes than just that crappy gold rush shit or the ticket system? BF series suffers really badly these days with lack of choice of game mode I think, this is why Call of duty is putting it to shame (with ease)
  • sneakymcfox
    oh god. there are already enough Call Of Duty fanboys on the rest of the Internet,I'm not sure we need more here. Don't get me wrong COD is a good game but it sort of lacks depth, like playing with a damp sponge it gets a little dull after a while trust me i know i played 52 days of cod 4 which is actually rather embarrassing . I liked bad company as there was genuine depth to it not just every couple of ranks unlocking a different colour sponge.
  • 3DLee
    @the Dice folks,

I think you guys nailed it with BF2 and 2142. I really can't think of anything from either of those games that makes me go "oh wait, that didn't really work". For me, the BF series was the perfect blend of pure action gameplay and strategy, where you didn't die with one random shot but you still had to proceed carefully. When I think "full-on multiplayer FPS" (infantry, vehicles, aircraft, big maps, etc), I think Battlefield. I'm very excited about Bad Company hitting PC's next year - I'll be picking up a copy for sure.

My only regret is that I missed BF2's heyday because of dial-up internet. :)
  • Peris
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    Ive been playing the beta for a while, hit me up on psn, yo
    my psn id is periscolon
  • Sean VanGorder
    Gilgamesh wrote: »
    It's like 5-10s of combat .. die 60s just to get back to the action.

...You only survive 5 to 10 seconds?

I don't see why people feel the need to compare the two series. They are completely different games. BF is large open maps, heavily class based, and very strategic. COD is CQB from the second you spawn, very fast paced, and few people give much thought to strategy. Both great games but they each have their own play styles.

It doesn't make much sense to hate on BF because it doesn't play like COD. If you want gameplay like COD, then play COD.

Edit: 100 posts on PC = I'm officially a man.
  • ebagg
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Looks like BF2 with some destructible stuff and COD4's perks/level up system. Sounds sweet but it's not the highest on my list.
  • Rox
    3DLee wrote: »
    I think you guys nailed it with BF2 and 2142. I really can't think of anything from either of those games that makes me go "oh wait, that didn't really work". For me, the BF series was the perfect blend of pure action gameplay and strategy, where you didn't die with one random shot but you still had to proceed carefully. When I think "full-on multiplayer FPS" (infantry, vehicles, aircraft, big maps, etc), I think Battlefield. I'm very excited about Bad Company hitting PC's next year - I'll be picking up a copy for sure.

I absolutely agree. I reinstalled BF2142 again the other day, and while it's a freaking hassle to even get to work (if you bought Northern Strike), it's still so much fun. The only downside is that they feel very, very old by now, and there aren't many good servers left. If someone remade all the BF2142 assets with higher resolution and ported it to, say, the Frostbite engine, I would buy it for full price all over again. Even with no new content. Same maps, same weapons, same classes, no new unlocks, just better physics, smoother control and better netcode. It'd be the best game evar.

Until then, I'm looking forward to getting a job so I can get BC2!
    Gilgamesh wrote: »
    Not that I didn't enjoy 1942 and bf2 (and ever heroes to a point) but I will go back to MW or MW2 every time because it's just that more intense, having to get a jeep or some sort of transport just to get back into the action really annoys me. It's like 5-10s of combat .. die 60s just to get back to the action.

That's one of the things I LOVE about Battlefield that no one FPS has delivered so far. Those 5-10 seconds of combat can easily become 30 minutes if you're good enough. I particularly like playing as a sniper. While not the most efficient and helpful to the team, it's insanely fun when you pull off a full round with 15+ kills without ever dying. Or even being spotted, in fact. I had one of those rounds lately, on a Titan map. I found a good sniper spot and managed to stay there uncontested until I ran out of ammo, after which I made good use of active camo and cover to make it to a nearby enemy silo. I somehow managed to get to a tower unspotted, climbed up and knifed the enemy sniper up there, took his gun and parachuted down, then made it back to my spot to keep going until the round ended. It was so much fun! I've never seen another game that lets me do sneaky crap like that.

And actually, the 16 player maps feel a lot like large-ish Modern Warfare maps, so BF can pull that off pretty well, too. 16 players on Verdun is amazingly fun. It's just a shame that no servers bother with smaller maps like that. Even the ones with a population of 12 use 64 player sized maps...
  • CrazyMatt
    motives wrote: »
    hmm, I think you guys should play it before you pass judgment. We have changed a ton of stuff beside the fact that it's totally new maps. New weapons and a bunch of tweaks to the experience shooting. New game modes and classes, deeper and richer persistance and unlock tree to name some of it. You also get a full single player campaign that is heaps better than the one of bc1 (hopefully...)

I'm actually kind of insulted that you valu our game to 5-10$ like some beerglass iPhone-App :)

Don't take it to heart that my words are of hate. Merely I'm an avid fan of the BF franchise. But this time around where I can see my money needs watching on what it's spent on. I just don't see anything about this new title that differentiates itself from the rest of the BF series that are already out. (Aside from destructible buildings, terrain, some vegetation.)

Considering how long BF franchise has been out for. The updates per IP of the BF titles is mostly in mapping. As far as mechanics, and additions go. They are very slim when you note it all down on paper. Which is where I can easily determine a price range per feature that adds it's value to it's $50.00.

If DICE or (any company) wants to pull something bigger, than to build upon it's IP's like all computer companies do for their systems. Expand what exists to a higher limit. Not swap something for another something not used previously. Or even remove what existed that contributed to it's core value.
  • 00Zero
    i wish there was a pc demo.

i watched somebody play it on the ps3. it seemed fun to drive around. thats what ive always liked about the BF series. the vehicles. the thing that was a major turnoff to me was this: dude gets into a tank, drives around, sees enemy soldier running on foot. shoots the ground 3 feet next to the dude like five times and the dude doesnt die. but it takes like 1 shot from some rocket to destroy the tank.

the maps seemed almost too big. but i definitely need to play it or see it more to get the whole scale of it. lookin forward to playing it.

and you cant compare the COD series to BF. theyre like two different animals. COD is much more close quarter combat, fast, frenzy (but you can still strategize). Battlefield, because of the large maps, requires more strategy. or else youll find yourself dying often and have to respawn on the edge of the map and run your ass all the way back to the battle.

both are fun, but different.
  • psychoticprankster
    motives wrote: »

Hello. I really apreciate the work You guys are putting into this game and I really look forword to its arrival. keep up the good work and keep your chins up. You should be proud.
  • Shogun3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    00Zero wrote: »
    COD is much more close quarter combat, fast, frenzy (but you can still strategize). Battlefield, because of the large maps, requires more strategy. or else youll find yourself dying often and have to respawn on the edge of the map and run your ass all the way back to the battle.

both are fun, but different.

Which is why i've always preferred Battlefield gameplay over Cod
  • LoTekK
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Just preordered on Steam. Anyone else gonna be playing the beta?

SteamID: LoTekK
  • Shogun3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    For PC? Most definitely. Anything to bring PC multiplayer back.
  • 3DLee
    I'm on it! STEAM: EvilViking13

I actually remoted into my home PC from work today so I can start the STEAM download at 12:00. :)
  • Xoliul
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I just played the demo, couldn't rally enjoy it because everybody has the same playermodel/ colors. I walked right past a lot of enemies because they looked just like my teammates. Granted, I don't really play a lot of BF and this is only a demo, but i was dissapointed, I'd expected to have a bit more fun...
  • Gilgamesh
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    The fact that steam only does the limited edition at £10 more expensive than most pc games out there means I will not pre-order or even buy it from steam. I thought MW2 was bad enough, but it looks like EA are on the "lets price the PC games out of the market" train.
  • Disco Stu
    I prefer battlefield 2. Especially with the new update and all booster packs for free its a lot
    of fun again.
    Also its a lot harder. Something that i like. This casual games we make them for
    everyone and every platform has got to come to an end!
    I simply prefer sitting in a tank having a viewfield of 40 degrees when shooting to having
    an external view with crosshair.
    For consoles i understand that this is best due to its natural controller limitations.
    But also porting this to pc instead of producing a proper bf3 that tops its ancestors isnt in my interest.
    But who knows maybe theyre working on that :D
  • Snipergen
    I have a key but where do I submit it?
  • rolfness
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    send it to me in a pm !!

haha
  • 3DLee
    Wahoo, download complete! I was getting 36 k/s on the Washington D.C. servers, so I switched to Poland and got 590 k/s... !? I'm really looking forward to heading home and trying this out.
  • SyedS
    Just tried the 360 demo and the game looks gorgeous and plays amazing
  • tommywomble
    I bought it earlier, hated the beta within an hour. Sent a ticket to steam asking for a refund :/
  • Progg
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    I love the Battlefield Series... I've played everyone of them... I even have Secret Weapons lying around somewhere. I remember those all night lan parties playing BF2 and 1942... good times. I personally loved 2142... logged an insane amount of hours in that with my roommate and my brother, we were all pretty good. I will definitely be getting Bad Company 2... Anyone that wants to hang out or play in the same game add me on steam : "Progg"
  • kypo
    Offline / Send Message
    kypo polycounter lvl 17
    was a bit iffy about playing this ona 360 after being a bf2 hardcore player when that was about but played it for an hour and apart from some sticky movement due to network issue (could be my connection) really like it and am already addicted to the unlock tree. NICE
  • TheWinterLord
    Offline / Send Message
    Was playing the PC beta and it was really awesome! sounds and looks great. The servers are down at the moment so im gonna go sleep, hope they can work some connection issues out quickly. Was lagging much at the end so I cant really have an opinion about the game until its playable the way its meant to be played, but, it looks lika a promising future.

Progg where about are you located, Europe? its kinda pointless to add someone that I cant play with anyway but I would gladly do if ur close.
  • LoTekK
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    There were some definite lag issues here and there (some of the warping I experienced for about 5 minutes was /really/ bad), but overall it felt solid. Runs like a stuck pig on my laptop at anything other than Low, but even then it still looks good.

Btw, is your score supposed to not get updated if you exit a match prematurely? I had 220 points in the game I was playing in, but had to quit out to do something else. My stats still read zero across the board. :(
  • tommywomble
    Hmm, might change my mind and give it another go actually lololl
  • 3DLee
    I finally got home from work, and they took all the servers down. :( I guess I'll finish up some homework while I wait...
  • PfhorRunner
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    I just got it on Steam too, PfhorEnder

It's super fun! However, it does not replace BF2 in my games list, which I was hoping it would. The one and only reason for this: Lack of the ability to go Prone. What's the point of 1. sniping and 2. a Ghillie suit if you have to either stand or squat?

If you're going to remove a class, AND remove prone, the class that should have gone should have been the sniper class...

I understand the want to have fast paced action, and reduce camping, but this is what makes Battlefield awesome! Stop trying to compete with CoD4 fans by making faster, the battles were intense enough.
  • [demonplay]
    Downloaded it, waiting for play.com to send me my beta key...

...and what, you can't go prone!? :S Is it to stop people doing the super-man? Heh.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I just got it on Steam too, PfhorEnder

It's super fun! However, it does not replace BF2 in my games list, which I was hoping it would. The one and only reason for this: Lack of the ability to go Prone. What's the point of 1. sniping and 2. a Ghillie suit if you have to either stand or squat?

If you're going to remove a class, AND remove prone, the class that should have gone should have been the sniper class...

I understand the want to have fast paced action, and reduce camping, but this is what makes Battlefield awesome! Stop trying to compete with CoD4 fans by making faster, the battles were intense enough.

Bad Company is a different type of experience from "Battlefield", thats all there is to it really. You'll have to wait for BF3 for what it is that you're after.
  • PfhorRunner
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    adam wrote: »
    Bad Company is a different type of experience from "Battlefield", thats all there is to it really. You'll have to wait for BF3 for what it is that you're after.

I never played the first Bad Company, so I was just hopeful. I'm having an extremely fun time playing BC2 though, even without the prone function its addictive as hell. It will definitely tide me over until BF3, if such a thing will exist. :)
  • 3DLee
    I finally got about an hour and a half of gameplay in last night... AMAZING. Sniper in that building annoying you? Don't charge him, spawn as an Engineer and blow a hole in the wall in front of him. The destruction, the sound effects, the voices and battle chatter all come together to really sell this as an intense war scenario.

Also, last night I got a double-headshot with the M24 sniper rifle on two Russians who were coming at me on an ATV. :)
  • East
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    While I have always loved DICE's products, and the Battlefield series in particular, the PC beta has so far been a bit of a let down.

On the positive side, the sound is absolutely amazing. I've never heard sound this immersive in a game before and it's a pure joy to listen to the weapons fire in the distance.

On the negative side, the weapons handle really bad. I never get the "I'm firing a weapon and I can feel it through my bones" feeling I get in, for example, MW2. When I put an enemy in my sights and pull the trigger it's never a "hell yeah, take that, bitch!!" feeling. It's more along the lines of, "let's see if I need all the bullets in my clip to take this guy down at point blank range, or if I'm lucky and only need half."

Damage can be tweaked, I'm sure, but I have a really hard time identifying exactly what it is about the weapons that make them feel lackluster. They seem to have that stupid artificial bullet spread, so even if you have your enemy in your sights the bullets magically disperse in random directions within a cone of fire..

So as long as I'm not firing a weapon (playing medic and reviving, healing) I'm enjoying the beta a lot so far :)
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Now that the server list isnt broken, i got to try it with a decent (< 200) ping for the first time and it is amazing. Combat is way, way better when shit isnt lagging all over. Rifleman is fun!