Home General Discussion

Battlefield Bad company 2

Replies

• JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    This is looking amazing, and sounds amazing, cant wait to play it! Guns look a little clunky and weird but i suppose it just takes a bit of getting used to.

I always loved BF2, and this makes me want to install it again. :)

I would definitely play this over MW2, the battlefield games aren't such a rush in tight corner maps with akimbo ranger twats sprinting around ruining the game. :( Harrier spawn kills FTL
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    JFletcher wrote: »
    I would definitely play this over MW2, the battlefield games aren't such a rush in tight corner maps with akimbo ranger twats sprinting around ruining the game. :( Harrier spawn kills FTL

QFT
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    East, yeh thats true but then again when i have experienced it not lagging everything feels much better and enemies goes down on 3-6 shots, but yeah when its lagging its bad and there is no ping indicator so everytime i join a server I have to try feel my way if its good enough or I should join another server.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Been playing it for awhile now on pc and i unlocked the lightweight armor-thingy and goddamn that thing rocks. You move and turn much quicker with it which is very nice for a medic.

I started out being a recon guy like all the cool kidz and then i turned to assault and then in the end i turned medic. You actually feel really helpful as a medic. I'd just wish people would ressurrect me a bit more... Also, I actully kill the most dudes as a medic aswell so I wonder if he's overpowered.

I'm getting this for sure. Just contemplating where to buy it now. Good times!
  • East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    Yeah, it plays a lot better now, but playing last night it's clear people are also beta testing their hacks while Punkbuster is inactive. I know you can "spot" people, but a few games were just bizarre with some people exhibiting some way too good ESP.

Jumping into the 360 demo it all played just as normal, but as soon as I went back to the PC version there were usually someone peeking through walls. This is what made me abandon MW2 on the PC where cheating is rampant and every other killcam is suspicious, compared to playing the same game on a console :(
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If it seems like people are finding you far too easily, check the sky! It's probably the UAV calling in your position. I love that thing. :)
  • tommywomble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East wrote: »
    Yeah, it plays a lot better now, but playing last night it's clear people are also beta testing their hacks while Punkbuster is inactive. I know you can "spot" people, but a few games were just bizarre with some people exhibiting some way too good ESP.

Jumping into the 360 demo it all played just as normal, but as soon as I went back to the PC version there were usually someone peeking through walls. This is what made me abandon MW2 on the PC where cheating is rampant and every other killcam is suspicious, compared to playing the same game on a console :(

The xbox version has much more hackers from my experience.
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Just preordered and got into the beta last night playing with some clanmates. Absolutely a blast and I love the spawn system, in which you can spawn on any squadmate.

The audio is phenomenal as well.

I've gotta get used to the knifing though, seems like you have to anticipate and time the stab.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    HAAAH it was fucking aweseomeee!!!!! lag free with my mates it was pure tactical intense gaming! :) and you know, it was awesome!
  • Mikee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a shaping to look like a great game! The audio is what really gives it a chaotic sandbox "feel".
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got some of my co-workers and my boss to pre-order after showing them some of the trailers. One of them held out for a while (he refused to try the beta knowing he would like it), so I emailed him a beta key disguised as something else and of course he had to try it out just a little. He pre-ordered the next day. :)

I've gone through a bunch of ranks and I'm loving the unlocks. I think the M1911 pistol is my favorite.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    I'm going to forget i opened this thread and try to pass my classes this quarter.