Home General Discussion

does your wacom double click for no reason?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
hawken polycounter lvl 19
Mine does.

do you think it's the nib?

I have no idea where my replacements are. I have all the latest drivers and so on.

Replies

• Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    Check your click sensitivity settings under the mouse and pointer options. That may make a difference.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Windows also has a slew of settings that will do double clicks, right clicks, etc via gestures and holding the pen down/still. Check in the Pen & Tablet Settings as well as Input settings. There are a few that drive me insane that need destroyed.

Lately, ive been having problems with (i think) my Tablet selecting the brush tool in photoshop while im on another tool.

I find sometimes too, id bump the buttons on the pen, by default i think they're programmed to be doubleclick.
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Mine did that a while ago, something got stuck in the pen so it clicked the whole time.

Did you check if there is permanent pressure on the pen in that wacom panel?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I checked the settings and have double click set to delay. But that just makes clicks "sticky". So I turn off double click all together.

The settings for the pressure are on firm.

My main problem is drop downs and drawing polygons; it'll often close the poly or not let me see the drop down (which can only be an un-required double click).

Will change the nib tomorrow and see what happens.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    When you change the nib, blow (try not to spit) in there make sure no gunk/grime/dust/semen got in there. I would not use compressed air, too strong.
  • MALicivs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MALicivs polycounter lvl 15
    Lamont wrote: »
    When you change the nib, blow (try not to spit) in there make sure no gunk/grime/dust/semen got in there.

thats gold advice man, you dont want semen on your wacom.

I've had some issues like that before but they are pretty random and usually related (i presume) to the OS, and go away with a restart.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check the rubber around the buttons. I had a pen button that was so sensitive that if I squeezed the rubber it would trigger a button click.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Vig wrote: »
    Check the rubber around the buttons. I had a pen button that was so sensitive that if I squeezed the rubber it would trigger a button click.
    Holy grip man. I think it was your monster hands.

r964-behaarte-haarige-monsterhaende-schwarz-hairy-monster-hands-black.jpg
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ha!

The rubber was really soft and spongy a lot softer than the replacement they sent me. They sent me a package with a new pen and a flattened box to assemble and mail back the old one... yea didn't do that. I kept using it and got used to squeezing the rubber to click but then it got worse and I switched, what a shock that was, took a few days to adjust.
  • Unleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unleashed polycounter lvl 19
    nice i just tried that, triggers the top button for me :)
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Don't drop your pen :( ! I hate when I do it.

I had this happen to be but I bought a totally new pen just because it was a few years old.
  • The Devo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Devo polycounter lvl 13
    This just happened to one of my guys at work today. It's a side-effect of one of Windows' automatic updates. He just did a fresh install of his driver and it worked fine.

Chris