• albino_goldfish
    im really liking this

*subscribed*
  • TychoVII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TychoVII polycounter lvl 13
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk...

I think you nailed the exact style of techy props I've always wanted to make. God it's awesome.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mistry10 polycounter lvl 8
    dv8ix: Thanks !

albino_goldfish:
    i'm glad you like it man.

TychoVII:
    well then start modeling !!! :)

konstruct:
    :)

I'm done the LP model for the center piece. And I should be done this project this weekend !
  • TychoVII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm really digging the feel of your metal textures.

Do you have any pointers for getting started on your texturing process? I have a decent sense about adding detail, but when I'm just starting off I'm not always entirely sure what I'm doing. What's a good base to start with?
  • ajr2764
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajr2764 polycounter lvl 10
    Okay, amazing just amazing. Im very inspired by your work especially since the style of these pieces is exactly my area of ineterest (Dead Space was a great game, great environments). Think I might have to check out your website now.
  • ajr2764
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajr2764 polycounter lvl 10
    Ahhh, Ive been to your site before. I didnt recognize your name. I did enjoy your earlier stuff as well. I'd really like to learn some tips some time about your highpoly modeling.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    @Tim Deneau: Thanks man, and thanks for the advice !

@Ark: Thanks, I've posted a picture of the generator that i'll be posting in the center of the scene.

@ Generalvivi: Thanks bro !

Back with a little update. Fixing the textures on the tower/pillar. Its still a WIP !

DTC_78.jpg

Do the orange lights on the mid-wall and the top lights too.
  • Zpanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zpanzer polycounter lvl 8
    I'm the only one who cant see any images? :S
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    cleared my cache and the image is gone, sorry, I should've screenshot'd it first so I could've shown you a link.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    got props, will travel
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'm the only one who cant see any images? :S

I re-uploaded it here just so you could see :)
    http://i48.tinypic.com/20k7w45.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    great consistency of quality and detail
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dtschultz polycounter lvl 12
    This is looking really good! I hope you can get some atmospheric effects in there to complete that look. Edit: Judging from the concept, it looks like you have the same idea in mind.
  • Zpanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zpanzer polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks, I can see them now! And they're awesume!
  • dv8ix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the ruff sketchs the most' I can draw random shit the same, scribbly and conceptful. I dont like sketchs that are perfect, i like concepts that leave open spots to decide what you want, But in those certain boundries. yeah
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ TychoVII: thanks ! i'm always try extra hard on my textures. For advice i would say to start with values and hues. Dont actually worry about the texture, that can be added later. Be concerned about what colours are going where first. Then start bring in textures , then a dirt pass. I'll post some images by next Wednesday. If i don't pm after wensday.

@ ajr2764: thanks, i did look at some dead space concept art before starting this project in order to really get that sci fi feel. For HP modeling i start out by blocking out my assets with very simple shapes before every starting to put in detail. Then i start refine shapes, and add detail at the very very very end. I want to make sure that all of my proportions are correct before moving forward. I hope that helps ! if you have more questions let me know, i'll be happy to help you out.

@ZacD:
    thats exactly what i was thinking ! but i want to render out my scene with all the assets in first then go back and and make refinements.

@hawken: thanks for the comment !

@Kaskad:
    thanks ! i always try to make quality work

@dtschultz:
    thank bro , atmospheric effects coming soon ! :)

@dv8ix:
    i'm glad you like the sketches man

So back with more guys. Here is the monster generator i've been working on its really a WIP, i still need to refine the diffuse before i start on the specs. Or maybe i'm being too much of a perfectionistย… Anyways here is the generator in the scene with a older version of the textures, and a paint over of the lights i want to setup up on it.

DTC_89.jpg
    DTC_90.jpg
    DTC_91.jpg
  • TychoVII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome! Looking forward to it. :D

I think your last lighting paint over could use some volumetric lighting, maybe over top the catwalk with some long flourescent lights. But, I might just be a bit of a whore for that kind of lighting.
  • albino_goldfish
    I like what Tycho said about the light besing cast across the upper catwalk, seeing as how (compared to the right side of the shot) it's a bit lacking in something that makes it "pop"
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    i'd tone down the chips, it looks like someone had been throwing handfuls of rocks at your equipment
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TychoVII: I had put in some volumetric lighting in my first lighting post and i'll will be adding that in.

albino_goldfish:
    thanks for you pov.

killingpeople:
    i'll go back over some of the diffuse and tone the chips down a bit.
  • .Murder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I See how your Normals have fudged up here 123rtcl.jpg

how are you going to fix that b.c i am getting similar problems for a project im working on

thanks, and Fucking incredible work man
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are minor problems with that normal map. I'll just do a quick paint over in photoshop and that should solve the problem.
  • kendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    Really like what you have done here saved most of your assets to my inspire/props folder. Only recommendation i have is maybe you could add some central over hanging lights with a strong intensity and add some reflections off of dust in the air.

Looking forward to seeing this completed.
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo: I was planning on adding some volumetric lighting, but i like your idea a lot now. I 'll do a test render to see how things look !

well almost done lighting. here is the latest update. i still have a lot of things to fix and should be done by this Friday !

DTC_92.jpg
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I like the glow on the blue light, looks good...
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, i'll planning on making the blue a bit less saturated
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Hey man, it's coming along but I feel the highpoly work is outsinging the texturing by a longshot. Most of the textures seem monotone, there's no dirt maps used as far as I can see so it looks like new surfaces that have been scratched/chipped too uniformly.
    Without breaking modularity grease & filth in corners and new panel colours could be added for more variety and poppingness.
  • doeseph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doeseph polycounter lvl 7
    Just wanted to drop in and applaud your impressive models Mistry, really inspiration stuff! I also wanted to comment that when looking at the composite image it's hard to tell what's what, what is this room is used for? I'd also say that it's difficult to tell how large the room is as I don't have something to use as reference (such as a door or computer panel), but perhaps this is just the angle (or me!).

That's about it from me though, you've done a great job so far!
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GCMP: i can see your pov, but i feel that if i add more dirt/grunge it would simply over do it. Since this is a industrial/sci fi scene i don't see the need to over grunge anything.

doeseph: Thanks bud, well the is a sci fi generator room. Your point in scale is right, it is hard to tell how tall everything is, but i'm planning to import all this into UE3 and will be adding more props/doors and such soon.
  • albino_goldfish
    I love how it's turned out!
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love how it's turned out!

Thanks man, i hope you like the final product.
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well guys here is my latest creation a sci fi/ industrial scene. Check it out. Wires and more renders to come soon. C&C welcomed.

Final_Render_1.jpg
    HP_1.jpg
    HP_2.jpg
    Asset_1.jpg
    Asset_2.jpg
  • DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    I love the hi poly work (hell its all good) but I like hi poly the most. The overall scene composite is great too. Could use a little more light on the floor, but maybe that blue glow will fix that.

Any chance of seeing the wire for that hi poly pillar?
  • TychoVII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still fantastic looking stuff Mistry. It's nice to see some of the textures by themselves. They're deceivingly simple, using solid colors and forms. I think I tend to cloud my textures up with too many scratches and details and crap. It'd be cool to see a simple step by step of your process.

By the way, you have PM's disabled :P
  • acapulco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acapulco polycounter lvl 9
    It is really nice work on the meshs, but that wall in front of the viewer is really boring. Its just plain flat... Don't like that aspect. Everything else is really cool
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater: Thanks man, here is the wires for one of the giant pillars.
    DTC_DTC_86.jpg

TychoVII:
    Thanks bro. I have pm enabled :S try again, or contact me via email.

acapulco: Thank you very much. yeah i could have dressed that up a bit more.

More wires/real time renders to come soon.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    I love the highpolywork, your bakes and individual assets are really good looking, but the noise is a bit to dominant in your scene. I don't think the angle of the shot or the setup of the scene do your assets justice. Same goes for lighting. Its just really flat. The left half is just yellow and flat, no shadows, no depth. I think you should rework the scene some more, as it is now, you got a bunch of awesome props, but are not using them to the fullest. :] Not a huge fan of the the wall with the squares, I really thought it was a floor panel until I saw the scene actually. Maybe open up that wall a bit, and hint at another room or something? to give it a bit more depth and space to paly with shadows.

keep up the good work :)
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man ! I do agree with you. I spent almost 6 weeks modeling and hardly any of it actually shows through in the final piece :( I currently in the progress of taking all the assets into UE3 and creating a camera fly though. I'll be creating a simple door as shown in my concepts. Thanks again for the advice, i'll be sure to fix up the lighting.
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    Wow! I really hope to reach your level of skill. Great work! (especially on the textures)