Home General Discussion

CoD:MW2 PC version capped at 9v9 for MP

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
flaagan polycounter lvl 18
http://kotaku.com/5397149/modern-warfare-2-pc-multiplayer-capped-at-9v9

It's official, I'm not buying this game now.

I played the bejesus out of MP for COD4:MW because of how varied the servers were, not to mention the fact I would frequent dedicated servers to the point of being considered a regular on them...

IW has essentially taken everything that was cool about MW's MP and stripped it out, without giving a single valid reason for it.

Replies

• Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    I might pick up a pc copy to play with some friends now, not having to sort through a million servers with increased max players or bullshit respawn settings is a huge relief.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why not just pick it up for console then? They've probably fubar'd the controls enough that it's only worthwhile to use a controller.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    In all fairness, for most MW and World at War maps... playing on 32 player servers was fucking horrible. I really dont see what enjoyment can be reemed from spawning in limited spawn points in FFA only to die to someone whos either sitting behind you or martydom from the previous spawner.

That being said, on the very few maps it could be played on with a little bit of TDM it wasnt too bad, but it definately wasnt the best experience to be had. 5 people on the walls/sniper points on Bloc grows old... fast.

The only reason this is annoying or milding frustrating is the cloudy reasoning behind it - Yes its good for the map design, but lets be serious - another huge reason is that User hosted servers wont cope... woe is me. Oh and I dunno, having gameplay things forced on you by the developer so that the gameplay experience is intended? It's like how Insta respawn servers on TF2 totally BREAK a lot of maps... but more often than not theyll be packed for the bulk of the day/evening. I used to only play on instaspawn servers till I found myself getting frustrated at how hard it is to win... tough call haha.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    The PC die's more each year. I gave up on PC gaming three years ago, and I love it. No more upgrades, no more drivers, no more bad hardware...list goes on. Ironically it was CoD4 that made me switch for good.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    I dont actually mind this and think it will be a good thing.. hopefully more realistic multiplayer experience.. good bye nade tards and noob tubers...

I played Ghostrecon 1 on multiplayer for a year and a half and there was never the trigger happy crap that you get with CODMW MP
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow... and I can honestly say I did not expect this much "this is a good thing" responses. Every server I played on that had as few as 18 players was utter crap. There was no dynamic to it and you were stuck with a bunch of snipers (granted, I play as a sniper regularly). A huge, full server on Broadcast or Roadblock (if I got the mapnames right) was the pinnacle of awesome.

I never had any server search problems (except for the limitations that were copied over from console browsing), such as the issue Sup had (and I seriously doubt you'll be able to join friends any easier now).

Also, rolf, I love the bitching about 'nades and 'tubes, cause hello, those are actual weapons, and if someone just made you eat the receiving end of a grenade launcher, then good for them and their aim. One of my coworkers was a dead aim with the grenade launcher, and actually stood out in the open to mess you players. It became a real fun game of cat and mouse trying to get a shot off on him.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Cojax wrote: »
    The PC die's more each year. I gave up on PC gaming three years ago, and I love it. No more upgrades, no more drivers, no more bad hardware...list goes on. Ironically it was CoD4 that made me switch for good.

I still wouldn't get games like Fallout 3 or Oblivion for consoles, that game needs mods.
    And what about Diablo III and Starcraft II?

And also is it just me or do games like TF2 survive better on PC's for multiplayer?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    And also is it just me or do games like TF2 survive better on PC's for multiplayer?

I actually could not imagine trying to play something like TF2 on console.

By the way, this isn't some 'console bashing' thing I'm on, there's definitely plenty of great console shooters, but when something that started out as a PC shooter gets essentially the backwash on it from becoming a cross-platform shooter, you obviously lose a lot of the freedom that being a PC game allows. Great examples of this are the recently released Operation Flashpoint and the sad case of Deus Ex 2. :thumbdown:
  • Dippndots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah im just gonna play it on 360 at a friends, luckily there's other seriously awesome games that are coming out soon like Left for Dead 2 and Assassins Creed 2, not to mention some of the sick games that just came out like Forza3 and Borderlands
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    son of a bitch
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    One saving grace, I would say, as that all the maps were designed, tuned, and tested for 9v9 and not 12v12 or 16v16, etc. You may find the experience, with this sort of forethought, to be greater than the original.

-2 cents
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Still gay. I was planning on getting it for 360 anyways (got family in Minnesota I play with), but as a core PC player, this hurts :(
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam wrote: »
    One saving grace, I would say, as that all the maps were designed, tuned, and tested for 9v9 and not 12v12 or 16v16, etc. You may find the experience, with this sort of forethought, to be greater than the original.

-2 cents

I'll agree to that to an extent, Adam.

A game like Splinter Cell would definitely be broken by any extent if you allowed fifty Fishers out there snapping necks, but having played on rather large CoD4 servers where things like kill-streak perks were disabled made for a rather good time.

However, I find fast respawn for TF2 a much more entertaining twist on the original gameplay, and that the somewhat overpopulated servers for CoD4 felt like intense firefights instead of hunting down other individuals.

Also, where does this whole kebab leave the modding community? Granted, I can't exactly say there was much of that action with CoD4, but still...
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Good point flaagan

I love console games and plenty of them are among my favourite titles. But when a PC title suddenly goes multi-platform I know what I can expect.

I don't believe in so-called "dumbing down" (which is rather insulting) but it is a fact that multi-platform games are simplified compared to their PC exclusive counterparts...and console exclusive counterparts as well.

As flaagan said, sticking to one platform allows you to use its capabilities to the fullest and gives the game a sense of uniqueness. Multi-platform titles generally feel rather bland, in my opinion.

Furthermore, since so many PC developers have went multi-platform, I feel like something has been lost in the process. Newly made games often appear like a blend between fast-paced, arcadeish style of console games and more realistic, nerdy PC-approach.

While I love both styles for what they are, whenever I'm playing a multi-platform title, I feel like I am seeing some disfigured bastard child born from an incestuous relationship. There are plenty of titles I simply can't classify as console or PC games.

Although that's not necessarily a bad thing, we are getting these titles at the cost of platform exclusive genres. How many platformers did we get this generation? Action-adventure games? Jrpg's? Or traditional (I am talking about games such as Baldur's Gate II, Arcanum and Fallout 1,2 - not action RPG's like Mass Effect and Oblivion) cRPG's? How many shooters and sandbox games did we get in exchange? I'm not even counting.

I'm not against changes - in fact, I love them. But I am becoming more and more confused about what can I expect from a game. Old franchises can change so dramatically they no longer share anything in common with their predecessors. Lately I have been finding myself playing more niche, indie titles, rather than big AAA games. I feel that game industry reached the point when making a game for a wider market means it's going to have more features taken out, as some of the people might not be fond of them.
    Sad, but understandable - sky-rocketing costs of development and economic situation are not encouraging anyone to take risks.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Youre a sniper... I hope youre not the type that sits in one place an entire game, gets cheap kills and doesnt come top :P - Playing sniper in an overpopulated server is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I've just been playing on an instantrespawn TF2 server and yeah its mindless fun but its just that > mindless fragfest. Yes it is fun but the thing is - it doesnt work, the games become stalemates with 3-4 sg's and people ploughing out toward the final point endlessly. Tactics take a backseat with luck and whoever has the most deadweight on the team playing a bigger factor than a well timed uber push or something.

I've always been aware of the clan scene in games and I think the way they play games ends up being the smoothest. CoD is what? 4v4 or 6v6, cant remeber... eitherway it works and its intense in the same way CS is as people are pursuing the objectives, not camping endlessly in the hope of preserving their K-D Ratio. I think some of the problem you have is with the players rather than the game design itself, cuz i sure as fuck dont camp... ill rush around and win with bruteforce.

Also, I think the problem with the grenade launcher is that its an instant kill that in medium range - aiming isnt the issue as it has splash. I personally dont care as they dont beat me but hey :E

edit - Tea

I agree with what youre getting at, im a gamer from the HLDM / TFC days and it definately feels like a lot of games are easier to get into. Having a larger playerbase definately isnt a bad thing but as you say it does feel like something is missing I just cant put my finger on what!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sad, but understandable - sky-rocketing costs of development and economic situation are not encouraging anyone to take risks.

Amusingly enough, IW was just bragging the other day that they refused Activision's suggestions earlier on for a bigger budget for this sequel. :poly121:
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Let the whining/bitching/complaining/belly aching/ect begin.

Idk, I just say, if you don't like it, don't buy it. It does seem a bit ridiculous the stuff their doing, but whatever. Buy it on console or not at all I guess.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I fail to see how buying it on the console is a better alternative? From what I can see the PC version is literally the console version, but cheaper (and with better controllers! :p unless you have kb/mouse plugged into your console too)
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isn't the PC version $60 bucks as well?

Just checked, yup.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    flaagan wrote: »
    Isn't the PC version $60 bucks as well?

maybe the RRP is equal, but in the UK, brand new releases on the PC are always cheaper than the console versions from shops like gameplay.co.uk and play.com.

For example heres MW2;

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Modern+Warfare+2&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

Heres l4d2 from a different shop;

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=gameall&searchstring=left+4+dead+2&page=search&pa=search&go.x=0&go.y=0

And borderlands from another different shop;

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/advanced_search.asp?keyword=borderlands&prodcode=&min_price=&max_price=&platform=ALL
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I don't really give a fuck.

COD4 sucked balls with more than 20 or so people on most maps. If this means I never have to see a 32/32 Shipment server for stat whoring again, so be it.

I'm more worried about cheat protection, stat/level tracking, and ho0w they determine who hosts, none of which I've seen info on.

Also I don't get why its $60 on the PC.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Ghostscape wrote: »
    Also I don't get why its $60 on the PC.

Because Bobby Kotick has already publicly vowed to milk us of every last cent in our pockets?
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    LoTekK wrote: »
    Because Bobby Kotick has already publicly vowed to milk us of every last cent in our pockets?

Its 60€ here.

(60 € = 89.23200 U.S. dollars)

Thank god i dont need to buy it on steam... :)
    i end up spending only 62 dollars at a cheap store...
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have they made *any* comment about lan gaming, cause that was a regular occurrence at work with CoD4. Not that it really matters now, cause most (if not all) of the coworkers I would be playing with are picking it up for console. Ugh.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think its a really bad thing whenever devs take away options or freedom from players, however, I must say that on COD4 I always play on servers with around max 20 players anyway.

Dont know about LAN i sure hope LAN servers will work... lol
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As far as I am concerned. This game is the same old shit that has been released since COD1. Hold gun up>Shoot bad guy>Move to next checkpoint. (Boring)...:poly131:

I won't argue for the sake of what the player count has scraped itself to. But what I will say is that as a gamer. The industry sucks today because it's serving the same old shit since the PS2 came about in every game.

The industry is at a point where I like to point out as to what the South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone did for the episode on George Lucas and Steven Speilberg.
    "Let's remake our old games, with new fx, and better graphics!":thumbdown:

We need to take this Industry back to the days of the Dreamcast and the N64 & PS (and earlier):)
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    CrazyMatt wrote: »
    As far as I am concerned. This game is the same old shit that has been released since COD1. Hold gun up>Shoot bad guy>Move to next checkpoint. (Boring)...:poly131:

Agreed - and I like shooters. I thought it was graphically decent, with an interesting story (for a shooter), but seriously, people go on about MW like it's the crowning pinnacle of video games. Christ, it wasn't that good. The multiplayer was repetitive, and the single-player campaign could be completed in an afternoon.

I just really don't get why people are this excited about MW2. Sure, it'll look good and it'll probably be fun for a while, but there are other games to get just as (if not more) excited about being released over the next few months.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    COD 4 single player was short but it was super well paced high action engaging storyline and flawless execution in controls making you feel like ur the star in a action movie, hell, even the loading screens were great!

The multiplayer is the best there is (when the teams are even). You have so many options and you can play this game in so many ways the only way to make is dull is the lack of your imagination.

Still this modern semi-tactical arcadish fps might not be for everyone thats understandable or the world would implode, however, the above is why I am excited for MW 2.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Simply put, I thought MW was one of the better fps I've played in a while, as far as story telling is concerned. The actual fps itself... definitely played better). I know I'm robbing myself of more of that by not getting MW2, but I refuse to shell out $60 for a game when I'm being denied what I consider the full package, and for that matter, what should be considered by any and all PC devs as, at the very minimum, the standard package. The Mp rounded out the game, and while some may complain it was unbalanced or unfun, having the option to try something besides what the devs decided upon is as much core to PC gaming as anything else. It's something that's obviously lost on the console generation, and the more that games are dilluted by consoles' limitations, the less quality and complete product I feel we're getting. Again, this is not to say consoles don't have advantages or their own aspects that I love, but this whole ordeal is an example of a bad shift that's occurring because of consoles, at least in my opinion.
  • IEatApples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I must admit this doesnt effect me to much because I perfered playing on less crowded maps, makes more use of hardcore mode and silenced players.

The PC market feels like its been left behind, you can see it when you go into game stores these days, takes me ages to find the section with PC games in, hidden in the back corner. I went into Game last week to pre-order COD and seen advertisements and box's everywhere for PS3 and 360 releases... not anything to say its being released on PC anywhere in the shop, I had to actually go and ask if they were even selling the PC version there. Obviously I knew they would of been, but you'd think that they don't even care about selling to PC gamers anymore. Rant over...
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    It's more the idea of having to play on some crappy listen server that bothers me. The phrase "host advantage" shouldn't be in a PC gamer's vocabulary.
  • osman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    osman polycounter lvl 18
    So since it's not dedicated anymore, I'm guessing that you wont be able to play on your custom maps? Or is there still a way to do that?
    If it is possible, they still limit you to designing maps for 9v9 only?
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    flaagan wrote: »

Also, rolf, I love the bitching about 'nades and 'tubes, cause hello, those are actual weapons, and if someone just made you eat the receiving end of a grenade launcher, then good for them and their aim. One of my coworkers was a dead aim with the grenade launcher, and actually stood out in the open to mess you players. It became a real fun game of cat and mouse trying to get a shot off on him.

bunch of arse.. thats my response, the naders and tubers use up what ever they have then go on a suicide run to get more.. what kind of game play is that ? And they always shoot and throw them in the same general area near respawns, yeah thats skill isnt it.. ?

I welcome 9v9 and as brome said with maps tuned to that sort of play, and if all out guns blazing with little brain activity is a thing of the past, all the better. try it .. challenge yourself, make the achievements that you earn on MP mean more.

I think its a very bold move and applaude them for it
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    For what started as a PC franchise, they can't stop fucking over the PC now.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am not very fond of over-populated servers as well, but taking away the freedom of choice from the community is not a good way to deal with these things. Heck, I never play on the 32-players TF2 servers and yet I would be very annoyed if Valve had decided to get rid of them.
    As left-wing as it sounds, power to the people I say. Community keeps multi-player games alive, not the developers. Showing the middle finger to a big part of your fan base is not how you roll.
    Just add a “players limit” option to your search filters and you're done.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    More people will buy your DLC if they don't also have free user-made mods and maps to choose from. Hooray for capitalism and fuck companies that diss their fanbase to make more money. Buy Bad Company 2 instead, I doubt DICE will shit on their PC fans like this.
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All of this reminds me when Bungie was a nobody development studio. Just another name in the list of them.

Since their success with Halo came about. They got soo full of themselves that they hardly noticed the real reasons what made them who they are today.. Same now goes for Infinity Ward... It's all about making a quick buck for the same old ingredients.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    you'll see me on 360 :)
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Ferg wrote: »
    I doubt DICE will shit on their PC fans like this.

Of course! As long as you rent a server from a 'trusted partner' in a business deal with electronic arts, dedicated server support is all yours!
  • 3DLee
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Here's some evidence that DICE deserves your money more than infinity ward does... this is from a forum post regarding the differences in the console and pc versions of bad company 2 (forum post link).

DICE feels that because the console versions of the game is at such a lower resolution (1280x720), compared to PC resolutions (as high as 2560x1600), that prone was breaking the fast paced action of the game and that it was too camper friendly. When DICE played with prone on consoles other players were nearly impossible to see while prone (until it was too late), and the matches often resulted in a camping festival between the defending team and the attacking team, complete with smores and campfire songs. The overall atmosphere felt slow, and the game wasn’t at its full fast-paced potential. When DICE played the matches with the prone turned off, it forced camping players to put more thought into their hiding spots, and it gave the attackers less of a disadvantage being able to see who was shooting at them and resulted in more fast paced gameplay. People like yourself can go on and on about how in real life prone is the most important battle stance in a firefight, but obviously this isn’t real life, and you should play ARMA2 or something if you really want it, or purchase the PC version ed515dbff23a0ee3241dcc0a601c9ed6.gif.

Now, the reasons the PC platform are getting seemingly “better” features in the game are a result of DICE ignoring the PC user base for the past 3-4 years and this is a homage to the PC platform, and also because it’s a lot of things that PC users simply deserve. If you have played games on the PC for the last ten years you would know what I’m talking about, otherwise I won’t even try to explain... Also, k1ll8 saurav is completely correct about the difference of player’s between PC and consoles, and dedicated servers for PC’s are a must for any game like this on a PC platform, so don’t take it the wrong way. I don’t know DICE’s stance on clan support for the console version at this time, they have been back and forth on the topic and I don’t know why. If I find out I’ll let you know

Regarding player count on the pc…PC’s for obvious reason have much more powerful tech, thus allowing much more flexibility with things such as increased player count, so it would be flat out stupid to not take advantage of this and make the game more worthy of being on the PC instead of a direct port from a console version. You may say that this isn’t fair, but it really is and everything balances out (hey, we don’t get a slick Xbox LIVE interface and if I wanted that then I should play the xbox version). If you wanted a more powerful game, you should have bought a more powerful platform, plain and simple.

Prone- I don’t consider prone a real feature to get all excited about for the PC version, but I suppose people like you have proven me wrong. Regardless, as of right now prone is not going to be on the console version and I gave the reasons above.

Last but not least, the PC platform is usually expected to put up with a lot more “crap” compared to consoles. While consoles may get the game on a certain date, PC users typically have to wait much longer for the same game, but in turn, they get the game for a lower price because there are no licensing fees like consoles have, and typically they get a few more perks thrown in compared to consoles just for good measure. PC customers are a much tougher crowd then consoles are so we have to appeal to them in as many ways as possible, but why not? They deserve it after having a steady history of constantly getting the shaft. Also on a side note, If it wasn’t for the PC platform you wouldn’t be playing the game on consoles right now.

Anyway, regarding prone -because there is still plenty of dev time, there is a slim chance in can end up implemented in the game... but because of the reasons I stated above I want to emphasize that it is definitely a slim chance.
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dice just guaranteed a will-buy from me.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I hate multiplayer on consoles. Bringing the console multiplayer experience to PC is about as welcome as a turd on my cheeseburger.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoa, didn't expect them to say something like that.
    It's one of the best responses to the PC gamers I heard in a while from a developer. Or very smart marketing.

Either way, I think I know who is going to get my money.

By the way, looks like EA is taking their chance and tries to let Activision become the new Evil Empire of Video Games Industry. It's quite amusing how many people stopped considering EA to be the bad guy, once Bobby came out of nowhere with his crazy interviews.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Wasn't there some kind of stat floating around on gamasutra about the PC version of CoD4:MW where only 10% of the people playing online had actually paid for it (this was shortly after its launch)??

What does the PC gaming community expect if nobody is going to buy it and everyone is going to download it from warez?

:/

Keep doing what you've always done, and you'll keep getting what you've always gotten.

This was one of the last nails in the coffin for PC games of this ilk:
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50410
    (should be important to note that Crysis 2 will be a console devlopment)

For this type of game, the PC version is simply an afterthought and rightfully so.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    I love nice larger maps with lots of players. COD4 had several of these, but then it was just a joke when servers would throw shipment or some of the smaller maps into the rotation. It would just become a clusterfuck.

With lots of players, you need large maps with multiple routes. If there's a bad chokepoint, you can count on camping snipers just sitting there taking turns. It gets really annoying and frustrating if you don't like the camp and cap gameplay.

9 on 9 limit seems really limiting. Either it will be really tiny maps, or there won't be too much action.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Don't matter to me. I'll be on console. I had MW on pc as well as 360 and I didn't like it on pc. Meh whatever.

But calling these guys sell outs and bastards and all that because of their decisions. Well it's a bit foolish if you ask me. Just give it a damn chance. Who knows how it works. You might fucking love it or you might hate it. But bitching about something you know nothing about. Well that's just plain retarded.
  • Colemerson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Colemerson polycounter lvl 10
    After listening to the Q3 2008 Electronic Arts Earnings Conference Call we have learned that Crysis has been a strong performer with sales having exceeded expectations. EA also reported Crysis reaching the platinum mark meaning over 1 million copies of the game have been sold worldwide.
    So which is it?

Also I'm not against the 9v9. I agree CoD multiplayer can be crazy retarded with more than 20 people but many people enjoy it and so do I from time to time. I don't understand why they wouldn't give people the option and let them decide.

Its weird how some peoples most anticipated title is getting so much bad press right before its launch. I can't tell if this is "Don't say anything cause they won't get it till they try it." Or "Don't tell them cause they are gonna hate it and won't buy it".

Also why hasn't someone created a party system for pc games yet? Like join up in a party then you can search with a filter for dedicated servers like normal. And the filter only shows servers with enough slots for everyone in the party to be able to join. Then when one person or the lead joins everyone else auto joins with them......

CoD4 was possibly the most annoying game ever to try and join a server with a friend.