Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Belal Saeed's - Monster

Hey guys,

this is my second try to make a game character firstly i started my base mesh from max then go to zbrush to add details and i'm currently working on.
I'll try to turn it in an in-game character at the end.

Still need a lot of work

your comments & critique are welcome and would help me to finish my work .
Anyway hope you guys like it
waiting for comments..

Lord_Of_Kings_WIP_01.jpg

Updates soon.

Replies

• dolemite
    i like the cloth. The whole character feels like it is stretched vertically. Like especially around the chest and shoulders. There's a weird triangle shape across the peck, that could be interesting if it was worked up a little more. Right now it just looks like incorrect musculature.
  • 3dskillet
    right off the bat homie ,

stop with the details, and work on the proportions a bit

get those nailed down

I personally for this type of char would make the arms about three times longer than they are

then move the chest so that it fits it

then just keep workin the shape
    face looks interesting to me
  • Belal
    hey guys, thanks a lot for the replies! im happy with that.

some update

ZBrush_monster_BELALSAEED_001.jpg

hope u guys like it,
  • Disco Stu
  • Cyrael
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    I def. agree with the arms needing to be longer comment, I would also try to focus on getting some form in both the legs and the torso area, not just the pecs, but in the abs and oblique area, with the way you have modeled so far, it feels like there should be more in the stomach area, more mass I mean, and as far as the legs go, they're very generic, try to touch them up a bit.

as far as the watermarking goes its a personal choice.. but dont. no one's here to steal you're work, every one on these forums is an artist, they've actively sought out these forums to try and better themselves, so the last thing they're going to do is steal your work.. it also makes it harder to critique bc you've got these horrendous blotches over the top of the image.

its looking cool though, after some more refinement I definitely think you're on to something!
  • verybad
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    Hafta agree, nobody's gonna take a WIP image and claim it's their work, or try to sell it, or get a job based on it. That kind of leaves a bad impression.

The collar bone looks odd, because there's nothing else on the creature's body that stands out like that, if you went with that as a theme and had lots of bones standing out in different areas of the body it might make more sense, eg make the rib bones stand out. The neck musculature doesn't seem supported by the back, a broader torso might make more sense.
  • torontoanimator
    the fingers, well they need joints, its clear you want them to be claws, but you still started with finger knuckles, so id keep going with it, nice face tho
  • achillesian
    voting for longer arms as well,

niiiiiiiicee no water mark on second pic, totally stealing it
  • Belal
    Thanks a lot for the support guys!
    i will come back to reply to all
    Better updates soon!

Cheers!
  • Belal
    hey guys...

base mesh

monster_SAEED_basemesh_011.jpg

a small update

monster_SAEED_010.jpg

Cheers!
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    I'd definately try and define the wrist a little bit more. Right now his forearm just kinda noodles into a hand. Makes one wonder how that proves to be very functional, yes?
  • raiskul
    It may be the style that ur going for, but the hands just aren't working for me they look way to stubby and the guy loses his fierce factor because of them. Try increasing the distance between the wrist and the base of the fingers and putting the hand into a more natural position, it looks like his hands are cramped.

Other than that great model keep up the good work.
  • Mazvix
    The Base mesh looks a lot better than the sculpted version...that says a lot...

Look at yourself naked in the mirror, the chest NEVER crosses over the front delts. The deltoids strech out form the collar bone into the humerus. Even if it is stylized, doing it right is what counts.
  • Belal
    Thanks a lot for the support guys!

Last updated

Lord_Of_Kings_WIP_01.jpg

Updates soon.

Belal