Home General Discussion

Obama wins the nobel prize for peace

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Let me just say LMAO. Right after declining to meet with the Dalai Llama for fear of pissing off our consumer production buddies, right after declining to say anything about Israels bombing of Gaza (with US supplied weapons). While being involved with two wars. How anyone could think he is deserving of a peace prize is ridiculous.

Also lol at the n00blet saying it was swedes. It's norway, get your scandis straight. It boils down to the major political party leaders of Norway wanting the political boost of photo ops paling around with Obama, mooching off his popularity with the world. They staff the Nobel committee.

But seeing as Arafat and Kissinger have both gotten the award, it's clearly no longer actually about people involved in bringing world Peace. It's just another worthless news blurb opportunity.

Toby fucking Keith is booked to play the award ceremony. If that doesn't tell you the whole thing has lost all meaning, well I don't know what else to say.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Also lol at the n00blet saying it was swedes. It's norway, get your scandis straight.

Easy mistake to make, since Alfred Nobel was Swedish, and the majority of the Nobel Prizes are presented by Sweden, while the Peace Prize is not.

I agree that it's a bit ridiculous Obama should get it though, he hasn't really done anything to deserve that as far as I can see.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    Yeah... my first reaction was: WTF. Now one can atleast hope that he now has no choice but to work his ass off for peace. If there is any positive outcome of this, I guess that would be the international communitys way to say "yeees... keep going, you're on the right track, get a move on!"
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    *nevermind, I'm drunk*
  • toren3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toren3d polycounter lvl 7
    Stradigos wrote: »
    This is a hand grenade that has just been lobbed into the U.S.'s foreign and domestic policy. This is not good news. Beyond the hilarity of him winning, this is a very serious issue.

Moving on, how can you win a Nobel Peace Prize and send 40,000 troops to the middle east? LOL. And by being in office for only 12 days to boot! This guy is so narcissistic he doesn't even understand why he got the prize. "Erm... I don't really think I did anything to warrant this award, but I'll take it anyway!"

I bet you dinner and the movies that he still manages to botch this whole thing up. He can't help himself. This is going to blow up in his face.

Couldn't agree more!
  • Squiggly_P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squiggly_P polycounter lvl 11
    No shit. For everything Obama's done to bring about peace, you may as well start handing Nobel prizes out at beauty pageants. "I would spend my term as Miss Oregon doing everything I can to bring about world peace and to give everyone a puppy." Thank you ma'am, here's your nobel prize...
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    maestro wrote: »
    He hasn't done anything to deserve the NPP, much like he hasn't done anything to deserve the Presidency.

McCain-Obama-11-3-08-FINAL.gif
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

has nothing to do with being if there are wars going on, its because he is talking to people and promoting diplomacy between peoples. Does seem more like PR, in some wierd way... but i don't think it is right for people to say "he doesn't deserve it."

the hate people are spewing because of this is pretty ironic ;)
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Some people are just never happy...

As if taking the presidency from the republican party didn't ammount to any peace :P.
  • maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McCain-Obama-11-3-08-FINAL.gif

OMG WHAT?!?! When did THAT happen??

I stand corrected!
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    *nevermind, I'm drunk*

is that why you've been snarky?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGrntDbX3Q0[/ame]
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Stradigos wrote: »
    LOL. And by being in office for only 12 days to boot! This guy is so narcissistic he doesn't even understand why he got the prize. "Erm... I don't really think I did anything to warrant this award, but I'll take it anyway!"
    This is going to blow up in his face.

1. Fox news is retarded, the president skipped church? OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.

2. Is he really suppose to reject the peace prize? "Oh hey, I'm not really for all the ideas I campaigned for, here's your prize back"
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Also lol at the n00blet saying it was swedes. It's norway, get your scandis straight.

I stand corrected. As MoP suggests, I didn't know that the peace prize was the only Nobel prize that's not determined by a Swedish committee.

That said, the n00b comment is lolworthy, as I think you were all of 16 years old when I joined Q2PMP. But no worries - you're cute when you're drunk ;)
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    LMAO at the thread
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    ... so it goes...
  • adam
    Options