Home General Discussion

Game I'm working on was announced today.

Replies

• MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    Congratulations, also that trailer is brilliant.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    uh found some screens, why don't put them onto the official website?
    Love how it looks a bit like those miniaturelands for model trains.

show-gamepix,16822.jpeg
    show-gamepix,16824.jpeg
    show-gamepix,16823.jpeg

nice to finally see something, its almost 2 years since i did the first asset oO
    so ben anything from you in there? i have to admit, as a freelancer i have no clue who did what ^^
  • TheBat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheBat polycounter lvl 10
    Awesome! Always been one of my favourite games. Especially the sometimes laid-back gameplay, the funny characters and the long playable levels as opposed to most other highpaced action games. This one is definitely gonna be on the list for buying.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff, I love the art style. Those screenshots look great. I wish the advert showed some proper gameplay though.

I was a big fan of Settlers back in the day, I played Settlers 1 and 2 to death, got Settlers 3 and 4 too but decided after those I wasn't gonna get any more of the games, since they were becoming less and less fun for me with every new release :/

Then there was the announcement of the 10th anniversary Settlers 2, which I still need to get (would have it already if it was on Steam - why are none of these games on Steam!?), since it was basically S2 (my favourite of the series) with updated graphics and engine.

I'll check out the demo of S7 if there is one, since just because it looks nice doesn't guarantee that I'll enjoy it. Hopefully it'll be better than a lot of the intermediate Settlers games.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    It looks pretty as hell, but yeah I'm also interested in the gameplay. I can already imagine staring at graphics like these for prolonged periods of time, just gotta know what it feels like as well :)
  • attattattack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    attattattack polycounter lvl 8
    The game looks great, love the art style.
    Never played settler before, but I think I'll pick this one up.
    Thanks for the screenshots Neox
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    My friends and I are huuuuuge fans of the Settlers of Catan board game. This is based on that right? If so I will have to convince them to buy this so we can all play.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    settlers of catan is another brand, i guess the initial settlers was based on catan, but looking at the new trailer i assume it is closer to catan now, at least if they really want to do something board game lik, but i can't say
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Well, either way it looks absurdly gorgeous.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Wow that looks amazing! A shitload better than Anno!

Theres a little alpha map issue on the roof on the 1st screenshot(and the glass windows?) :poly136:

Really curious to how they did those cobblestones, parralax mapping? Its always great/refreshing to see games with a non-first person perspective use techniques like that!
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Settlers 2 was the bomb.
    I remember it like ayesterday installing it from pirated floppy disks.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Neox wrote: »
    show-gamepix,16823.jpeg

so ben anything from you in there? i have to admit, as a freelancer i have no clue who did what ^^

This is an old screen, so not much of my stuff is in there. I can see a few clutter assets I did, but nothing worth pointing out. I'm doing more map beautification, so it will have to wait till the end of the game to really show off stuff.

There will be a demo, so you guys can try it out before purchasing. Honestly I think it's pretty fun even now, and I'm pretty jaded about the games I work on, and it's yet to be fully balanced.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Oh wow, I played much settlers VI, so I will definitely be playing this when it comes out!

What a super neat project to work on!
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Muahahahaha. As of today, I am Neox's boss. :-D
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    The trailer's sweet=) Congrats.
    I've watched it listening to elvis so it was twice as fun.) and yeah yeah yeah, the second settlers blew me away. I remeber spending days in front of it, back in the day. I liked the management alot. Seeing all the little fellas donw there doing their thing. Maaaan...I was like first or second grade.) seems like another life already...

(sometimes I think i'm so old, 'cause I reminisce so much(and love kwakkie's' avatar)) =)