Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WW2 Tank Warfare Game Work in progress

Okay so I posted my tank game screenshots a few months ago. Now Im here to show offf the NEW Screenshots of the game.

So Now im looking for some investors to throw a few bucks into our project between me and my 17 year old programmer from South Africa. Im 25 And I have a real passion for modelling and playing with the programming that my programmer creates as I direct him, all the way from Canada. The Game Is looking Pretty Good so far, Im Happy with the progress, so Now im just Throwing this out there, maybe someone will see the potential this game is manifesting to be, So Im looking for some rich healthy investors who will like to see us.. and the Game prosper

You can reach my email to discuss buisness. We believe it will be a Full year till we release any beta's. Our Progress rate is at a all time high of 78percent. Which is really good becuase most poor starving game artists have hectic lives right? SOO DONT HESITATE!!! SEND ME YOUR email '

TO:
ryanwalsh0@hotmail.com

so lets talk some buisness perhaps! Thanks!!

Ryan Walsh

scr1.jpg
PIC2.jpg

OH. PS!
If you Find this intresting and you wish to keep an Eye on our progress you can stop by our blogspot.com page and add us to your favorites.

http://battle4earth.blogspot.com/

Replies

• Taylor Hood
    What platform is this for? I don't mean this in an offensive way but it looks dated.
  • dv8ix
    LoM Chaos wrote: »
    What platform is this for? I don't mean this in an offensive way but it looks dated.

HEY Listen. For one minute to what I have to say. This Game will Look Exceptional when it is Completed. We Will Get the Pixel Ratio cleared up, We will get Normal Maps involved.

Theres a Famous Saying "You think Rome was Built in one day???"

... Of Course NOT!!

Your Looking at a promising new Game! I garantee you This Product.
    We Are talking about Full scale Tank Warfare, The Way it Was meant to be played, The Way It HAS NEVER BEEN PLAYED BEFORE!

We Are going to HAVE ENDLESS Amount of Features and Upgrades. Breathtaking scenarios and visuals.

Here Me out for 1 more minute!

Imagine The way it really happened.
    Your Cruising along open valley!! your Running over fences and such. Your zoomed in looking for any enemy activity, But you see NONE!

Until That final moment of Surprise, Tiger Tanks hidden in thick bushs Surprise you, They come Running over trees, trees are beeing knocked over EVERYWHERE. The Tiger Tanks are all gillied in Branches and Grass, They come roaring out into the battlefield, your tanks are breaking out into formation and there is ABSOLUTE CHOAS Going on into the battlefield. And then within a few seconds tanks are engadging themselves in close fierce combat 1000 OF TANKS RAMPING EACHOTHER, FIELD FUCKING ONE ANOTHER

And thats the vision I set forth to achieve.

You know, I dont want to hear that SHIT, That you dont think like I DONT know what Im doing here, BECUASE I BELIEVE, ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL AND THATS FINAL okay its settled
  • Taylor Hood
    Interesting sales pitch here. Make sure to keep that frame of mind for a potential employer because I'm just a young hobbyist looking to get into the industry one day!

I see you have a passion, like many of us here. I like you.
    Rock and roll mate. Rock and roll.
  • dv8ix
    These Arnt the offical Textures, and most of the buildings are TEST models.

Yea And you Can do a Alot with just a 7 poly model to make it look freaking amazing Like this screenshot from Command and Conqour 3.

7 Poly, with normal maps Can do a Fuck of alot for a modeller.

Basically, I AM NOT A GREAT TEXTURE ARTIST. Becuase I havnt found a Program that I enjoy texturing models yet. Im looking for a program that will allow me to paint directly onto models. Thats something im still searching out for. But when I find that Perfect program That I will enjoy alot, Texturing will be Extremly easy for me to do.

So As shown here. Command and Conqour 3
    Screenshot of a Crane, one block with nice textures.

test1.jpg
  • Taylor Hood
    I don't know if something like that exists but I vaguley remember reading about a program called paint shop 3D or bodypaint 3d... I think it said you can paint directly on to models but that was ages ago. Sorry if it has nothing to do with what you need. lol.
  • Ihazard
    I will hold you to this:

"We Are going to HAVE ENDLESS Amount of Features and Upgrades"
  • dv8ix
    Oh, Yes.. I tried Bodypaint 3D didnt quiet enjoy it that much. Need something less complicated and more user friendly. I think I will have to try out Paintshop3D tho, Thanks a muchly!

Im also A pretty decent artist. Heres one of my new ones.

GUNDOOD.jpg
  • dv8ix
    Ihazard wrote: »
    I will hold you to this:

"We Are going to HAVE ENDLESS Amount of Features and Upgrades"

And That Is Exactly What makes the Games.... BETTER.

You see, If I cant Buy and Upgrade things. Like Extra ammo, Extra Protection to tanks and vehicles, Different Camoflauge' different this different that, more of this more of that. BUY BUY SELL SELL!!!

You need that sort of thing in any game you develope

One of the things we do Have emplimented already, Is when you drive into a Factory, Where you can Buy new tanks and vehicles, weapon armaments. you name it! You can switch there, on the spot. We want to also incorporate fuel, and ammunition, even for that matter, Supply vehicles. Its just all part of the strategy and gameplay.

You know you can buy new things like... Sandbag bunker style setup for your tank, to dig in for defence when you know you must protect a town or a bridge or whatever from oncoming enemies who outnumber you completly.
  • praxedes
    This just became my most entertaining thread read of the day :)

~P~

PS Photoshop CS4, 3DCoat and ZBrush all have features that allow you to directly paint onto the model, though tbh I prefer working into UV unwrapped flats- each to his own methods...
  • dv8ix
    praxedes wrote: »
    This just became my most entertaining thread read of the day :)

~P~

PS Photoshop CS4, 3DCoat and ZBrush all have features that allow you to directly paint onto the model, though tbh I prefer working into UV unwrapped flats- each to his own methods...

What about CS7? I want to do both, Work on model and work on the UVWrap. Becuase I want to ruffly place all my things onto the tank, and then go back to the uv wrap, and do the fine details and touchups there.

shit, i got that mixed up... Sorry. I thought you said PS7.

What is CS4?
    gerrrr im confused..
    I have PHOTOSHOP 7. Can i do that with PHOTOSHOP 7 ?
  • ZacD
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    It's faster to model it all out, layout the uv's, and then texture.
  • dv8ix
    ZacD wrote: »
    It's faster to model it all out, layout the uv's, and then texture.

my personal choice I would Disagree. I want to paint my models in 3D, and then get the barrings of where everything is on a uvmapping then do the details and what not
  • ZacD
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    my personal choice I would Disagree. I want to paint my models in 3D, and then get the barrings of where everything is on a uvmapping then do the details and what not

You can generate an AO map which basically shows you were everything is on the uv map.
  • achillesian
    dv8ix wrote: »
    1000 OF TANKS RAMPING EACHOTHER, FIELD FUCKING ONE ANOTHER

have you considered the name "tank-orgy"
  • dv8ix
    ZacD wrote: »

You can generate an AO map which basically shows you were everything is on the uv map.

Granted. Your personal Choice is probably quick for you, But I think That Painting on 3D models will be more accurate for me.
  • dv8ix
    have you considered the name "tank-orgy"

I take it you never Watched Jarhead.
  • Stertman
    wow, you sound really agressive in my ears=/, can you show us any video fotage of the gameplay? like that buy and sell factory you had? the id
  • achillesian
    Stertman wrote: »
    wow, you sound really agressive in my ears=/, can you show us any video fotage of the gameplay? like that buy and sell factory you had? the id
  • dv8ix
    Stertman wrote: »
  • TheSplash
    I have a few questions, try and answer them as best you can, as to assess if you are on the right track.

1. What is the scope of the game? eg is it multiplayer only? how many missions? is it open world? how many different tanks will you have etc
    2. What are you main high level features. eg upgrade system, open world etc?
    3. What is your target platform? Is it to be a retail or downloadable game?
    4. Who is your target audience? Are they strategy/simulation guys, what age range?
    5. How much research have you done into game development, what experience do you have?

These are the kinds of things you should be able to answer to even think of pitching your concept to investors.
  • dv8ix
    TheSplash wrote: »
    I have a few questions, try and answer them as best you can, as to assess if you are on the right track.

1. What is the scope of the game? eg is it multiplayer only? how many missions? is it open world? how many different tanks will you have etc
    2. What are you main high level features. eg upgrade system, open world etc?
    3. What is your target platform? Is it to be a retail or downloadable game?
    4. Who is your target audience? Are they strategy/simulation guys, what age range?
    5. How much research have you done into game development, what experience do you have?

These are the kinds of things you should be able to answer to even think of pitching your concept to investors.

I OBJECT!! If you dont Know what a TANK Game.... is all About Then you dont need answers.
  • TheSplash
    I OBJECT!! If you dont Know what a TANK Game.... is all About Then you dont need answers.

I have zero doubt in my mind that you will fail to make this game. I hope you can learn from your failure.
  • dv8ix
    Are you familiar with the Term "Dirt Nap" ...If not I can make you remember.
  • JohnnySix
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy, and if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

This thread is like some guy taking his car to the shop , the mechanic telling him he needs a new alternator, then the guy exploding in the mechanics face for telling him like it is.

What you've got is a good start, but don't be upset if people tell it like they see - unless you explain what your final product will be like, you're effectively showing the block of marble before you've even got out the chisel, and expecting people to imagine the finished product based on the untouched stone.
  • dv8ix
    fuck the chisel be a man and use a chainsaw.
  • Stertman
    common, you need to be able to answere those questions, little do i know but what i do know is that pitching a game aint easy, me and some friends have done it in front of a pro jury with people from sony, microsoft and a few game studios, and since you said that you need a developer to give you money, heck he would ask you all those questions and a million more.. you should write a pitching game design document and show people so they can get an id
  • dv8ix
    My Programmer is South African Young and Smart. We have a Bond and its strong. And in due time Im going to send him money. 50 bucks canadian is 400dollars African.
    He was programming tank games, that had no graphic art in them, until i come along. Becuase I see it in him
  • Nostradamus
    Offline / Send Message
    Nostradamus polycounter lvl 18
    nice trolling :-D
  • cw
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    This thread is priceless! Good luck dv8ix, maybe you can get it done your way! :D

Out of interest, are you protecting your intellectual property? Is there anything to stop someone who runs by this thread who does have a team and funding ready to go from just making this game ahead of you? I hope that doesn't happen! It would be a real shame!

Good luck!
  • dv8ix
    but my mind is ever perpetual. So you are telling me, that a 17 year old and a 25 year old, have intellectual property here?
    thats more of a compliment than actual pity
  • cw
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    It's not a compliment or pity, just a question. I suppose if you are paying your team (well, 17 year old programmer) and not protecting your investment it's up to you. :)

Anyhoo, good luck with your venture!
  • dv8ix
    The Answer to your question Wallasaurus.
    Is No. I dont need to protect or hide anything.
  • achillesian
    Are you familiar with the Term "Dirt Nap" ...If not I can make you remember.

tfo.gif
  • Racer445
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    This whole thread reminds me of when 11 year old "game makerz" announce that they're making an MMORPG as their first game.
  • dv8ix
    we are using game maker engine. U3D, modelling done in wings 3d

So I still beleive. That its possible. yet to impress your young minds.
  • Racer445
    Offline / Send Message
    we are using game maker engine. U3D, modelling done in wings 3d

This made my day.
  • achillesian
    3d game studio or game maker? like, old as shit mark overmars gamemaker? yikes either way.
  • dv8ix
    Racer445 wrote: »
    This made my day.

little bit of bump map here, bit of bump map there. Shouldnt be too bad
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    This is so entertaining. :)
  • dv8ix
    But im convinced we can clean them pixel edges up, we done it before. Its up to the programming of the u3d, not actually the game maker maxed resolutions.

To my knowledge the game resolution has alot to do with cleaning the pixel edges. you know? The clean lines of models and such.

were just taking Game maker to new levels thats all.

Or what about the transparancy files? there edges look like shit, in every game that ive ever played.

Ive been playing Star Wars Battlefront for xbox 1, Theres some flower textures in that game that intrested me, becuase I take a good look at details of things. They had flower Textures. Its one of them textures that face you where ever you roam around. texture just rotates.

Whats the difference between Xbox or Xbox 360?
    Xbox 360 is a fuck of a load louder than xbox when it runs. Thats the only difference

Infact been Playing Fable for xbox 360. And I compared the integraty of the graphics. Battlefront was better. No comparison Graphics were better

Master Chief in Halo 1, How many poly did it have? From what I gather it was 1000 poly.

Master Cheif in Halo 2, How many poly did that have- 2000 Poly

Master cheif in Halo 3??? Anybody Know?? Can anybody \Guess?

What About Sound??? Dose Sound Have Graphics????

What about Game Maker, Dose it not make Video Games?
  • Racer445
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't forget to tighten up the graphics on level 3.
  • achillesian
  • achillesian
    Whats the difference between Xbox or Xbox 360?
    Xbox 360 is a fuck of a load louder than xbox when it runs. Thats the only difference

Infact been Playing Fable for xbox 360. And I compared the integraty of the graphics. Battlefront was better. No comparison Graphics were better

is this a joke?
  • dv8ix
    Well you know what Achillesian, I hope you dont become a fan of my game when its finnished, it be a real shame.
  • Sandro
    AimBiZ wrote: »
    This is so entertaining. :)
    Quoted for truth :)
  • ChrisG
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
    Well you know what Achillesian, I hope you dont become a fan of my game when its finnished, it be a real shame.

does that even make sense?
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Whats with all these obnoxious / weird people coming on these forums as of late... I think polycount should start running IQ tests before a member can join... do us all a favour.

Oh and good luck and all that jazz
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    successful troll is.... obvious
    go and model leilei.
  • ChrisG
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
    you and Belias should hook up
  • EbolaV
    Offline / Send Message
    EbolaV keyframe
    Whats with all these obnoxious / weird people coming on these forums as of late... I think polycount should start running IQ tests before a member can join... do us all a favour.

Oh and good luck and all that jazz

thats exactly what i thought, some strange people lately
This discussion has been closed.