Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Interior environment project [WIP]

Okay this was a dead thread I created around May, got busy with stuff such as working on an indie game (still doing that), then I got a job which took up so much time, and along came school. The only 3D I did for the longest time was low poly stuff for this awesome iOS game which I won't talk about here...

Anyways, this old project is now back in motion. I lost my old blockout that I did like 6 months ago when I did a fresh install of windows, so I did a new one for this thing. Modular pieces are below to show how this will be constructed. This is my first REAL environment, so although I'd like to stay optimistic, I can't promise I'm going to blow you guys away. I've been drawing like crazy and teaching myself art, so lets see if that helps me!

Wish me luck!

STEP 1 - PREPARATION:
Original Crysis 2 concept artwork by Daniel Rizea (Ref):
GPvzE.jpg

Quick paint-over of main forms/assets to be modeled within the painting:
l9XgG.jpg

STEP 2 - BLOCK OUT:
Okay guys, not quite done, I need to add a few more things!

Youtube Video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhK8aXJd6wI"][CryEngine3] Crysis 2 Environment [WIP] (12/28/2012) - YouTube[/ame]

Concept Art Camera Angle:
1Geln

Exterior Angle:
1GekO

Blockout in Max 1:
1Gerc

Blockout in Max 2:
1GerH

Modular pieces blockout:
1Gewf

Replies

• FractaL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    POST RESERVATION
  • FractaL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    POST RESERVATION 2
  • FractaL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated progress bump!
  • DennisGlowacki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DennisGlowacki polycounter lvl 7
    sweet, ill be following this
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    this looks like itll be good. cant wait to see more. :D
  • JamieRIOT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamieRIOT polycounter lvl 6
    Really good start and the concept is cool too (I haven't played Crysis 2 either, so don't know if it is already in the game). I'm in the same position as you, in that I have just started my own little scene, using UDK, shaders, lighting etc. :)
  • FractaL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for not giving an update in a while, to be honest I've been caught up with school projects and stuff. I've done 2 props since the last update that I made, but I plan on finishing this scene as soon as my finals are over. Anyways, I appreciate the motivation guys! This otherwise dead project has been revived!!!

Dennis: Thanks man!
    Oniram: Thanks, I plan on working on this more when I get exams out of the way! Still in highschool here.
    JamieRIOT: Yeah, I agree the concept is really beautiful.

EDIT (11/12/2012):
    This project has been discontinued, however I'd like to go back to it and actually finish it. When I made this I didn't have a very good workflow, nor did I have good knowledge of what I was doing. Now that I have a bit more experience I plan on doing this scene some time in the future, esp since Dariz has posted! Thanks for the motivation boost Dariz!

EDIT! (12/28/2012):
    Okay time to get back to work on this thing! I'm starting all over, lost my old blockout when I reinstalled windows! My old blockout was disproportionate anyways hehe.
  • Dariz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey FractaL so far it kicks ass man. It didn't make it in the game in the end but I was very happy doing it. If you manage to finish I'll post your process and portfolio everywhere I can so you get some exposure. Cheers and all the best. Daniel
  • FractaL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay guys, I'm doin it! I'm gonna finally do this environment! I've been busy with school and a minimum wage job, but now I have the free time to do some portfolio work finally!

EDIT: Can a moderator on the forum change the title? This isn't UDK!