Home General Discussion

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Replies

• MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    I miss World at War. That one was cool.

I hate how guns feel in CoD nowadays. After few weeks not playing BF3 I took it for a spin. Guns feel so cool for me. In CoD I could just sit there and make 'prrrrrrrrrrr' sound with my mouth.

I think Treyarch did great job though. Everyone expected them to do something new and I think they did what they could with Activision looking at their hands. Not interested in spending time with BLOPS2 though.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    One thing thats REALLY bugging me far more than it should... COD is based on the Q3 engine, and Quake 3 had a serious issue that came over from Q2... Dwarf players, that is, the player height and view height, are totally the wrong size in units. A good example of this is looking at the Apollo moon landing photos. People here used chest mounted cameras, which is why when you look at some photos, they are quite out of frame. This is because the POV from the eye forwards is different from the origin of the camera.

Thing is, this is pretty basic stuff. OverDose uses the Quake 2 engine and we fixed it not in hours... In SECONDS. Its the msot easy fix in the world. We set the player models to 6 foot tall in units, and we set the camera view origin for the first person view to match this, so that the "eyes" of the player model are the "eyes" of the view, at least in terms of height.

Now, I know EXACTLY why this hasn't been changed in COD. Its quite a huge leap, in terms of "feel". The game "feels" a lot better, looks a lot better, and scales all "work" better. However, it makjes the game feel and play much differently, and I know full well this couldn't be changed from one game to the next without a serious issue for players, because the entire look and feel of the game would change with it. Moving to next gen, its something that is VITAL to be fixed, as they have the chance to start with a decent engine and can get away with some pretty big changes.

Anyway, why is this such an issue? Its those chest high walls in the game I was talking about. 99% of every map I play, I will find myself shooting at some idiot camped behind one of these chest high vis blockers that just happens to be on a corner. The problem is, while he has a full view of the battlefield, and has his gun out ready to shoot anything in the area, all "WE" can see is his head... We cant even see his gun. Yet hes able to shoot at us.

Whats worse is that the games so fucked up at this point, I shoot this person several times with my weapon, and........... He runs off.

This game man... Its broken. And I'm not sure what can be fixed. But a LOT can be fixed quite easily. I just hope TA have the balls to fix the shit that can, because it ruins this game.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Oh looks, seems there WAS an issue after all...

7vRyK.png

This best be coming to PC users as well.
  • Noodle!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noodle! polycounter lvl 8
    After playing it more, I've completely changed my mind. Funny how that works huh?

It really does feel broken now. Hitboxes are ALL over the place, killcams and even my own shots just register wherever, without regard for where I'm actually shooting. Headshots seem completely random. Aiming overall feels... off. The only viable gun right now seems to be an smg.

I initially thought it felt closer to cod4 and mw2 than blops and mw3 did, but I was mistaken.

Explosions. At first I thought there was going to be less of them, but it's just constant. MW2 had a lot of explosions, which was a minor peeve of mine, but it was still ok. Now it's just an endless barrage of killstreaks, bouncing betties and those damn paper airplanes that auto home in.

I never seem to learn my lesson. Initial hope and joy of game quickly replaced my feeling of "everything is broken".

Looking forward to zombie mode though, haven't tried that yet and there's no possibility of multiplayer badness happening there.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Some things you will learn are just total bonkers.

"HEY GUIS, PEOPLE KEEP UAV SPAMMING WHAT CAN WE DO?"

"OH I KNOW! LETS LOCK COUNTER UAV UNTIL LEVEL 34!!!"

Shit like that. Or, how people used to grenade spam, so... They made Scavenger replenish both lethals AND none lethals. Seriously, earlier on I was spamming countless claymores and bouncing betties everywhere... Until I felt bad and stopped myself.

Also, I fucking LOVE the Scar-H. Its just SEX. But anything after that is just trash to me. I had to lose is when I prestieged though, but I did keep Scavenger... Why oh why? When I could have had Ghost? Because Ghost is just pointless now. I was doing no better/worse with it on and unlocked, so I just got rid, its total rubbish...

These SMG clowns are totally ruining things for me, big time... I keep getting sniped by some arse who doesnt even need to ADS... Ugh...

But it always makes me smile when I snipe a camper who is trying to snipe me... With my trust AR ;)

Like I said. At the moment, this game is broken. Quite a lot. But it COULD be the best COD, easily. Sadly, TA will NEVER fix these shoddy UI's or add HUD scaling... But oh well, can't have everything...
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    I watched the entire treyarch black ops 2 development video that was playing on tv today, it was some pre-release thing that was replaying

Im absolutely stunned. They admitted to wanting people to be able to jump in the game easier and used the phrase "leveling the playing field" numerous time. They constantly said they want new players to feel like they're actually good when they play because thats the key to enjoying it and in turn gaining more players. They 'love' the idea of fluent maps and making multiplayer a twitch shooter where its kill be or be killed in a split second decision (their exact words). They don't want any downtime during gameplay and they want it to be one huge rush

What was even more shocking was how they 'think' the community is perceiving it vs how they really are. We can all feel it dumbing down yet they are oblivious to it. COD went from being the king of war simulations to an arcade style action movie mess of crazy shit no one wants.
  • Xendance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xendance polycounter lvl 7
    frell wrote: »
    I watched the entire treyarch black ops 2 development video that was playing on tv today, it was some pre-release thing that was replaying

Im absolutely stunned. They admitted to wanting people to be able to jump in the game easier and used the phrase "leveling the playing field" numerous time. They constantly said they want new players to feel like they're actually good when they play because thats the key to enjoying it and in turn gaining more players. They 'love' the idea of fluent maps and making multiplayer a twitch shooter where its kill be or be killed in a split second decision (their exact words). They don't want any downtime during gameplay and they want it to be one huge rush

What was even more shocking was how they 'think' the community is perceiving it vs how they really are. We can all feel it dumbing down yet they are oblivious to it. COD went from being the king of war simulations to an arcade style action movie mess of crazy shit no one wants.

7xJHN.jpg

You really haven't played many games if that's what you think.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I mean pre-cod4

It was really only medal of honor and the original call of duties. Obviously now red orchestra 2 beats any other game in ww2 simulation but back then it was all we had
  • Xendance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xendance polycounter lvl 7
    frell wrote: »
    I mean pre-cod4

It was really only medal of honor and the original call of duties. Obviously now red orchestra 2 beats any other game in ww2 simulation but back then it was all we had

Yea, I've played pretty much every single CoD game online (except the new modern warfare stuff and black ops) and to me it always seemed quake with regular guns ;)
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, CODS always been an arcade title in that regard. It still has some serious case of Quake physics in there too.

EDIT: Huge thanks TA, really, well done. I mean, awesome... Not only is the double XP weekend stupid because half the time you cant hit shit anyway... But now you REMOVE the whole point of the pre-order. Nuketown. Its removed, totally. You can play it in custom games with friends offline, but its no longer in its own play list and it doesn't show up in any core/online stuff...

So, pretty much the whole point of the pre-order was wasted.

Seriously, hats off to you. What next, release a patch that increases the SMG damage or something just as out of touch?
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    COD has been sort of arcade like, but they didn't always push the sprint in circle type gameplay
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I haven't been super into COD's multiplayer since COD2..and that's only because of private Realism-Modded Servers. Do people still do that in the new CODs? Make private Modded/regulated servers? I would totally buy it if they did.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Sorry, they have your balls in a grip and won't allow private servers or modding.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    this thread is madness. I haven't gotten the game, haven't played it...lost interest in COD's a while back - but I did enjoy them thoroughly for some time...

I don't understand why anybody expected BLOPS to move any direction but the one it's been heading since MW1.
    Every game since has been consecutively further in the direction of easily graspable, circle sprinting twitch shooter.

If that's what you like - and I enjoy it from time to time - then play it.
    If you're looking for a tactical or challenging, or even legitimately competitive game then go play something else and stop expecting it to be something other than what it has pretty much always been (though admittedly to varying degrees)

Technical qualms, critique of UI, Map design (as it applies to the clearly defined gameplay feel), weapon balances (again - without expecting the game to be something else) and PC port effectiveness are the only legitimate concerns i've seen in this thread.

Everybody else seems to be complaining that the game isn't what they wanted it to be - which is, incidentally, something that it hasn't been since 2006.

Here's a fact - they want the game to be fun for new players, they wanted to make a game that anybody could play and feel they're doing well in a semi-competitive environment. They succeeded - and because of that every title has been selling like mad for 5 years. Stop being elitists and assuming the game should be tailored to you and go find a damn game that is.

</flame>
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Haha, Pac!! I am not at all knocking COD! I think it's great people who don't normally play video games are getting into our industry because of this game! I understand why people do love the multiplayer, and I think a lot of the hate on the game is unjustified.. but I am more of a slow paced, tactical FPS Online type of person! I remember playing on Servers back in COD2 days where it was heavily regulated to not nube tube, no nade spamming, no bunny hopping, or ledging. It was for serious respectful players and search and destroy mode on those servers was some of the most fun I've ever had on an Online Multiplayer FPS. . And I just want to relive that again. :( And Suicide Girls is too corporate. ;-)
  • SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    reverendK wrote: »
    this thread is madness.

Stop being elitists and assuming the game should be tailored to you and go find a damn game that is.

</flame>

finally, some sense^

New topic of discussion:
    BLOPS 2 enthusiasts, what weapon is striking your fancy right now? For me, the SMR's heavy semi auto punch is so much fun! I find if I slow down and pick my shots wisely, I get positive ratios way more often with this weapon. Especially when taking out the SMG run and gunners from great distances. Distances so far that their silly SMGs doesn't shoot too straight at. :)
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    A problem is that due to the success of the COD games, the games that were more tactical/different often slide closer to COD territory to try and get a bigger playerbase. Which is understandable. Sometimes very annoying, but understanble.

But annoying.
  • SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so true^
    I am sure every dev wants $500M in the first 24 hours! :poly122:
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman wrote: »
    A problem is that due to the success of the COD games, the games that were more tactical/different often slide closer to COD territory to try and get a bigger playerbase. Which is understandable. Sometimes very annoying, but understanble.

But annoying.
    Very true, the effects of this in BF3 were extremely obvious.

Im fine with COD being a twitch shooter, but keep it at a COD4/WaW level. It was a nice blend of being tactical and also fast paced
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    The SMR is a bad ass rifle. Add in the red dot, grip and select fire and you have a seriously awesome rifle to shoot peeps in the face with.

I've unlocked a ton of the camos on the rocket launchers mainly because I shoot down anything in the sky. UAVs don't stay up for long and with how we did things based of score streaks instead of just kills doing so is a huge help.

I know I have seen more and more people go for objectives and not just kills more in the matches I have been in lately.

As with all the other CODs after the first 2 weeks of chaos the game slows down and players get more in tune with the maps and weapons and it really starts to feel better.

Overall I am beyond excited working on this and having seen it grow during its run up to release.

I also enjoy playing BF3 and played BF2 all the time so I understand how it is a completely different game and some don't like it and that is fine. I torn between playing Halo 4 and BLOPS2 mp for now.

Started the SP campaign. I avoided almost the entire thing minus the first level during development because I tend to enjoy the experience. I just finished the Karma mission and have enjoyed it a lot so far.

A few issues here and there but what game doesn't have them. Nothing that really broke my experience.
  • SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I use the acog scope instead of red dot. I like that little bit of camera zoom I get using it. The red dot sure did me well though! And yes, the grip is essential! I tend to throw a foregrip on most of my assault rifles and SMGs..

I find myself torn on the single player a tiny bit. I am a bit unhappy with the ending I got, but because of the way this new SP campaign was made (multiple endings and plot line changes based upon the decisions you make in game), I have only myself to blame! lol. Ironically enough, makes me want to blaze thought SP again do do a few things differently so see how things pan out in the story. So to Trey, I say you for sure nailed down some SP replay value on me! replay value which has, until just now with this game, been ZERO in the rest of the CODs.

I am struggling between Halo 4 and CLOPS2 as well! >_<
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Numbers are insane on this. Always think this stuff is interesting regardless of the title just to see stats...

http://elite.callofduty.com/ops2/globalstats
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Well I like this game... SO THERE!
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    those stats, are they real time or is it some flash thing that just counts up?
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea all the numbers seemed to be increasing at constant rates, I doubt its that accurate. They probably averaged together the stats from the first 500-1000 matches and then repeated the averages. Id laugh if this was responsible for the lag.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Whelp, see you all this time next year for the Modern Warfare 4 hate thread! It really starts feeling like Christmas when it's time for it. :P
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    I'm putting it off for now, but i'm sure to get it eventually... one question though, for you's guys who's playing -

is there a decent semi-auto assault rifle? I have always been a dedicated FAL user in MW and the MK-14 in MW3 was GARBAGE. please...appease me just a little?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK wrote: »
    I'm putting it off for now, but i'm sure to get it eventually... one question though, for you's guys who's playing -

is there a decent semi-auto assault rifle? I have always been a dedicated FAL user in MW and the MK-14 in MW3 was GARBAGE. please...appease me just a little?

The SMR is beast and the MA81 is a really nice burst (3 round) much like m16 rifle.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Andreas wrote: »
    Whelp, see you all this time next year for the Modern Warfare 4 hate thread! It really starts feeling like Christmas when it's time for it. :P
    Maybe so, but look up the fiasco currently going underway for a SINGLE map, and then say it.

I mean seriously, for a single map, Treyach or Activsion is essentially fucking everyone over in more ways then one, both the people who pre-ordered the games and those who don't have the map.

Lets us remove the map because it's diving the community into a barrage of divisions and people unable to play with one another.

Oh look, people complained because we did something VERY stupid, you know, in this case both screwing over the normal and order customers, let us put the map back in again with some bonuses, and by bonuses we mean lack of common sense!

Oh look, you don't have the map from the Pre-order? Cool, you cannot access the list which includes the map, you know, cause removing one line of the map list is too hard.

Oh wait, you other people did order the game? OK, we will include in this list here, with all this other stuff, that you never asked for the first place.

Oh boy, we sure do love living up to the promise of 24/7 access to this SINGLE map, in it's OWN category, for EASY access, without REMOVING or CHANGING anything in the process that is essentially the entire point of the pre-order.

Seriously, my friends have been complaining about this non-stop, I don't even own the game and I find what is going on pretty embarrassing. This is what happens when you go all Apple with your products and it's enclosed nature, a simple Add/Subtract list from my person list is left up to the developers...
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel... I don't recall anyone ever saying Nuketown would have it's own playlist for 24-7 for all time. In the past releases during double xp weekends there were special 24-7 playlists created specifically for that event and when the event was over so was that playlist. There are more games that do this.

No one here is trying to "screw" over the customer or fan base. People fucking panicked because it was taken down for a bit and then brought back so anyone could play. It was never removed from peoples consoles. It was never unplayable. Yeah it was only avail in custom games for a bit but for less than 24 hours.

Embarrassing? Hardly. People bitching and freaking out on the net over what in the end was nothing was more like it.
  • caffeineadic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    caffeineadic polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for bringing the shotgun, pistol and sniper back into play; hope it stays that way. I like that the games weapons are all usable.

Is it me or are colors alittle more saturated??
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nah I agree with Ace. The nuketown clusterfuck is a dick move on Activisions part. They should stop being such money-grabbing misers and include it in the base pack of maps at this point. It's not like there aren't at least three map packs to come or anything. They'll still make the $$$. But honestly if people are pissed, they seriously need to vote with their wallets. No point in ranting and still buying the next barely tweaked iteration a year later. Activision are dicks, stop giving them money. The return is diminished every year anyways (i.e. worse and worse gameplay; not in opinion, but other people that spend a lot of time with COD).
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well honestly you and Ace are a minority then. A dick move? Really? How so? Because the playlists were changed? Oh yeah that is so fucked up.

If it was such a dick move then why did Activision include Nuketown 2025 in every copy regardless if you preordered as an extra bonus to those that got the game early even if you forgot to preorder. It isn't like if you preorder you have to spend extra money. But I guess we forget when good things happen and just want to focus on the bad.

Return diminished every year? Really? A solid SP campaign with some actual replayability. MP that has always been a fun experience and zombies. So yeah I guess for $60 bucks you are seriously getting ripped off.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah, I don't get the CoD hate either. There's a comfort in knowing what you're getting and CoD is just that to me, I wouldn't want my Fifa games to suddenly start getting creative with the rules for soccer for example, but some new game modes and updated art is always nice.

The only thing that I could think of that irked me a bit in Blops2 is what's already been mentioned in the thread; the UI, the lag compensation and the weapon sounds and recoil. All the other stuff is fine and dandy to me :)
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker wrote: »
    There's a comfort in knowing what you're getting and CoD is just that to me, I wouldn't want my Fifa games to suddenly start getting creative with the rules for soccer for example, but some new game modes and updated art is always nice.

Exactly! That is the same reason so many people buy Madden, Fifa, Forza, Tiger Woods golf. A few tweaks and improvements, new art, little bit of polish here. Good online experience. Re-playability.

Before even working on COD I would get it every fall and play it all year long until the next one came out because it was a fun experience.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well honestly you and Ace are a minority then.

Every gamer who has bought this game seems to be complaining about this. There are threads hundreds of pages long on lots of forums.

Like I said, I'm not that concerned, I started voting with my wallet a long time ago when it comes to Activision, I'm just saying, the way they handled this is deliberately restrictive and therefore not very nice. Which is indicative of their general mission statement.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Yup, everywhere I go its the same. You should PCDev on twitter, its a joke. Guys moan about SMG damage and accuracy, they moan about bugs, they moan about hit detection etc etc... They get nothing. Then one guy asks about season pass, and boom, PCDev wakes right up, and sends him a link to where to buy it. Then people moan about the loading screen lag, or the fact the sounds are all totally wank and i cant hear other players, then somebody posts a picture of his stupid retrded logo/picture they made in the emblem editor, and boom, he replies...

Its like the biggest clusterfuck of all time. They have some SERIOUS issues that pretty much everybody has or agrees on, and yet they just ignore them. A simple "Oh fuck, yeah, we know theres some issues with that hit dection stuff, give us a bit we are looking into it" would solve EVERYTHING for the moaners. Instead, he says nothing at all, and then we get clueless people who are lucky enough to not have the issue (because they use their nans phone as an internet connection... when shes in another country... So its CLEARLY going to be better than my 50 meg) saying that its bullshit.

Who do 3arc listen to? Thats right... The 1% who don't have issues.

Oh, and for the recond, "97% decent spawn rate in multiplayer".

FUCK. YOU. Maybe if you play against a single bot. On Easy. On that POS Turbine. But for me? Flip that damn figure around.

ATM, this is a cluster fuck of EPIC scale. The ball? Damn, 3arc dropped it big time this year...
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like I said it wouldnt be a COD game if it didnt take 2 years off Odiums life :P

Deeeeeeeeeeep breaths chap.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I can't breath, every time I try, theres like a one second delay and somebody beats me to my well earned air :(
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas, every gamer that bought this game is bitching huh? So literally you have 8 million people complaining? I don't think so.

Are there issues? What game doesn't have them? Everyone I talk to seems to be having a blast and enjoying the game and with you and Odiums track record around here your words and thoughts on this don't hold much weight.

3Arc does care. There have been multiple title updates already and I can tell you that stuff is being worked on all the time to fix any issue that arises.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Every game has issues and there are always people who complain bc of issues. Is BLOPS2 flawless? No of course not but to be honest the pc market is a serious minority with this title and because of that it isn't the lead sku. COD isn't the only title that looks at it like this.
  • HardBaller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HardBaller polycounter lvl 7
    Ah Jesse. All that negativity here... Well let me put down some positive then. I do play mp only and no zombies but me and my mates are having a blast. We have no problems at all (just once a bit of rubberbanding but that was over the next game). We love how it looks and plays plus the new guns. And hell my fav. rl weapon the KRISS Vector) is in it and i'm enjoying the hell out of it. So just wanted to drop some positivity here. Love the game and having a blast :D
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I think that it all comes down to:

- If you don't like how Activison is handling things don't support them.
    - If you don't like Black Ops 2 and you bought it then don't play it.
    - If you don't like Black Ops 2 and you didn't buy it... don't.

I think a lot people that hate the game states it like it is a fact when it really is an opinion. I have never really been a huge COD fan at all, but I bought Black Ops 2 after skipping out a few years, and I personally enjoy it. It's all opinion and there is really no point in arguing... the game has sold what 11 million copies already?
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    If I disliked the game, or the series, I wouldn't have prestieged multiple times in each game, including this one... But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to see its flaws.

A good dev will see its flaws and discuss them openly while trying to find a fix. A bad dev will ignore them and pretend they don't exist. But of course, unless it hurts ALL 8m USERS, then it doesn't matter, right?

https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=3&tok=-KIB_zSC3yCvG5zpkJ3_1A&cp=19&gs_id=28&xhr=t&q=black+ops+2+lag+compensation&pf=p&safe=off&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=black+ops+2+lag+com&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=c7a33eea8f5b9328&bpcl=38897761&biw=1680&bih=925

Simple thing is, PCDev is on Twitter right now chatting about a new lag fix. Hes totally clueless. The new changes, what did they do? They fixed peoples connections. Is that a good thing? Not in this case, not with the lag compensation. Theres actually even MORE people now crying about it, because the better a connection you have, the worse the effect is.

But no, this is a tiny thing, and because it only raises threads in pages of 200 or so in pretty much every major forum I've seen, its nothing really. When it hits 7m people with the issue then I guess its time to look into it and admit there is a problem...

The simple truth is that there are people out there that are actually STREAMING 1080p VIDEO, while DOWNLOADING ON BT, just so when they play their connection is worse. Why? Simple... Because the games lag compensation puts them at an advantage.

Thats why this is such a split issue... Its because you either have shit internet, or good... Do you not think its a little strange that all the people with expensive, fast, decent internet are moaning, but all the people with shitty connections are fine...?

Come off it...
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have fantastic net and don't have any issues.

I'm not saying it is a perfect game. No game out there is, but when you start saying people don't give a shit, attacking people because they don't respond to each and every single person and they say they are looking into it then that is just stupid.

I would be willing to bet that some people bitching didn't even buy the game and then even more pirated it but they still bitch if things don't work "right".

As for the issues. I am sure support and everyone involved is well aware and trying to find good solutions.

Remember things have to be tested to see if they break other things. They can't just say here you go and boom 10 other things break, but most of us here being developers should know how this works.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    So the number one issue is the lag compensation, for ONLINE, and yet these people didn't buy the game...? So.. Ban them?

I can see why you wouldn't actually tell if you were/were not getting the lag compensation issue. But what gets me is its been in every COD game since MW2... How its not been solved, and even worse how its gone BACKWARDS, is crazy... But I can see how you may not catch it if you don't know what it is.

What I don't understand is that how some things get past. I mean, sure, I get you guys didn't quite notice that the shooting knife things projectile is the wrong way around when it sticks into people... Thats fine. But how the hell did ANY of you miss the weapon sounds in Single player being so quiet? This is an issue everybody has that I've spoken to... The same can be said for play foot steps in multiplayer... How can I hear my team mate go into prone from 30 feet away, yet I can't hear the enemy sprinting right next to me...? And thats with the perk that enhances enemy footsteps? Not just me on that, EVERYBODY is moaning about that one.

Some of these things, they say one thing to me... 3arc skimped on play testing and QA and didn't care enough. After the amazing title that was BLOPS1, with the care and attention the 3arc team put into that title, it shocks me that such easy to spot things can be messed up.
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    The last cod I bought was the first modern warfare, and I loved it. Ive put a few hours into the blops 2 multiplayer and I think it's pretty fun. I'm still wrapping my head around all the features and upgrades and such but overall I'm enjoying it. I will say that some of the maps kind of bother me, and I find them hard to navigate. I've had no troubles with lag; graphics or internet.

I beat the campaign last night, clocked in at about 7 hours. Honestly I didn't pay much attention to the plot but I found it pretty fun. At some points there was way too much going on, epic set pieces, explosions, and loss of control kind of made me nauseous a few times. Almost reminded me of a Michael bay film. I felt like I didn't have much time for my eyes to rest in between all the crazy action moments. One more thing, the sequence that played after the credits rolled....I just....why....I don't even.
    So yeah, fun game, little over the top sometimes.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see why developers avoid forums now and do not interact as often.

Have a good one. I hope your issues clear up and you can enjoy the game the way we intended it to be enjoyed. Thank you for your support.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What the fuck I just bought this shit and played online for 3 hours

Every problem with COD is apparent in ~10 seconds of gameplay

I cant believe Treyarch shipped such garbage. Zombies is ok though. PLaying with a knife only is probably the most enjoyable

Thought id give it a try after staying away from MW3 successfully... Its obvious it was overhyped by word of mouth again.

I completely miss battlefield when I play this. I feel sorry for all the kiddies who waste their money on COD before ever trying BF

Jesse you're an amazing artist and all but you don't have to believe that every game you worked on is 'amazing' in terms of gameplay, its a common misconception on these forums. Most people say "oh this game is good" etc because they know people who did art for it. We need to see more "game is beautiful but the shit sucks I wont lie" and then maybe, just maybe, the game industry will actually progress.

Oh and where the hell is team tactical that was the only good mode