Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

creepy old mans head

hi everyone

this will be my first post here, im doing 2ed year as a game artist ( thats what i like to call it)

i was playing around in Zbrush today (im still new to it) making a face and i really like the way it looks but i like to know what you guys think of it

so give me some feedback(any feedback good feedback right)

i'll still need to improve, but with your help i can get to what i love to do (make games)

thank you all

joshuaA_face_Z.jpg

Replies

• MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    I think you should spend more time learning. Its one of those sculpts without a goal. Yeah you made something in zbrush... congrats ;] If you want to create characters learn some anatomy and keep practicing.

Not much to say about this one. You tried to make him stylized or you just failed at making him realistic? I hope you tried to make him stylized. Even if you did the eyes, ears and mouth won't cut it. Just start from scratch. First work on form on lower subdivs. Then divide mesh and refine it. Always use reference images.

Ohhh and everyone saw Zbrush's UI hundreds of times. Make some effort and crop it.
  • arthamas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you used reference to do it? The mouth shape is weird and the eye part are not detailed enough! Same for the ear. Base idea is there your on the right track!
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great first sculpt man :) I agree that anatomy should be a key focus if you want to do characters :), maybe try some more realistic proportions/anatomy before stylised, as a stylised face is still based on realistic features and proportions (just with them exagerated). But great first go
  • joshA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo wrote: »
    I think you should spend more time learning. Its one of those sculpts without a goal. Yeah you made something in zbrush... congrats ;] If you want to create characters learn some anatomy and keep practicing.

Not much to say about this one. You tried to make him stylized or you just failed at making him realistic? I hope you tried to make him stylized. Even if you did the eyes, ears and mouth won't cut it. Just start from scratch. First work on form on lower subdivs. Then divide mesh and refine it. Always use reference images.

Ohhh and everyone saw Zbrush's UI hundreds of times. Make some effort and crop it.

thank you for letting me do what you think yes i do need to learn thats way i said im new to it, and i did have a goal it was to understand Zbrush better,
    i was not aiming for a realistic look more of a cartoonist look, yes i know reference is key thank you for that and thank you in what i need to inprove in

so thank you and have a good day
  • joshA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you both arthamas and njc6425 i will