Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Bike

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
tremulant polycounter lvl 17
Honda CL351 Cafe Racer. Just started it up and working on blocking everything out before moving on. Thoughts? Also any extra reference of this bike disassembled and I'd be much obliged!

progress1a.png

Reference

progressreference.png
progress1b.png

Replies

• Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    There was a feature about this one on BikeEXIF not too many pictures but there might be more links. Good website for this kind of bike anyway.

Anyway don't rush this, bikes are mechanically complex and everything is showing, so put some time into getting it right. Luckily there's tons of ref on this sort of bike (pretty much all 60s -70s CB's are built the same way, so CB250, CB500, CB750, etc.. are all good ref for mechanics).

I recommend you build the frame blockout accurately first (right now you're missing half of it and the important connections are sloppy/unclear). Once you have the frame, do the tank, engine and seat cover.
    What really bothers me / looks wrong is the connection of the rear swingarm to the frame and engine. Your blockout seems to suggest you're gonna go at this the wrong way. Needs ref!