Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[ PORTFOLIO ] - Superfail AKA Johannes Larsson

Hi all, finally made my portfolio. would be nice to know what people think.
Have been studied game graphics in almost 2 years and
I am currently looking for a internship between August 2012 - April 2013.
More information and some of my work i'm proud of can you find at my portfolio website.

I hope you like it
/ Johannes Larsson

http://johannesl.com/index.html

[VV]40032049[/VV]p%3E

Replies

• bummzack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking really good. You should really change "Demo real 1012" to "Demo reel 2012" though :)
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd speed up the intro if i were you. The first 30 seconds is where you need to convince people to watch the rest of your reel.
  • tda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    Nice work in there dude, i even quite enjoyed the music which is unusual.

Other than what's already been said I would say it's maybe slightly too long. To shorten it you could probably cut the visual effects bits that tie in to the music as most of the time people don't listen to the music anyway, and the intro is about 15 seconds too long. Other than that the only other thing i noticed was again those two typos at the beginning, "1012"? No excuse for this one dude :p.
  • Superfail
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for takinng the time :) i fixed the spelling part. is now fixed :)

[vv]40410133[/vv]
  • Superfail
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dont forget to go to my website, if its something you what to look at :)
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Nice work there and yeah definitely enjoyed the music. I'd say speed up the intro also
  • urgaffel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urgaffel polycounter lvl 17
    Another thing that looks weird is that the sci fi gun (the one with the led ammo counter) has mirrored textures on the right side. When you pan the gun really close to the camera (at 1:41), you're showing the side where the text is mirrored which doesn't look super great. Last thing; the aspect ratio feels stretched (horizontally). It's especially noticeable on the Beetle scene, everything looks squashed. Not sure if it's just me though, could be flash doing something stupid...
  • cdevens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cdevens polycounter lvl 7
    Nice work. Your website is great. Awesome presentation, straight to the point.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    This is what urgaffel is referring too:
    Mirrored

Liked the music myself, I get the feeling you made It as long as you did to flow with the music track?
  • l.croxton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I recognised the small toy looking SMG with the awesome LCD display. Favourite gun I have seen on this site :P
  • Superfail
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami Thanks appreciate you liked it. The music are from Upright Music and leage to use if you name them in the video. Think its inportent to respect copyrighting.
    Se that a lot of you think its to long, and you will be disseponted becouse there is no time to make enny changes, 1, i dont know ennything about rendering out videos in After effects and it took like too days to be finnished. 2, The music sync the video from start to end :(

urgaffel : I know that the gun is mirrored, and its becouse that side is never visible in game.

cdevens : Thanks glad you liked it :)

l.croxton : Thanks man, i made the design by some real weapons to make it "believable"
    Just clipart in photoshop. try it out, its fun :)
  • snow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snow polycounter lvl 8
    awesome!
    it would be nice to see some environments from you in the future. personally, i think the fact nothing happens for the first 20 secs of your video means it may bug impatient people like me, and i don't even have another 1000 portfolios to look at like most art directors! :)