Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PAnick's Sketchbook

Replies

• Korgoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Korgoth polycounter lvl 8
    Loving your work. No-brainer subscribing for more.
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    PAnick wrote: »
    Seth: Aw man yeah all that rackham stuff is awesome. Just too bad about the closure. I hope someone picks up the confrontation and AT43 IP's.

they are trickling out the conf stuff through the cool mini or not shop at rediculous prices...which is a shame, AT43 I'm not sure about, but if you haven't seen it yet I would recomend checking out the stuff that Paolo is doing with Dust Game:

http://dust-models.com/

it's pretty much the inspiration for a lot of AT43.

renders of the robot geezer are looking amazing btw!! I love the dirty one, it throws me off a bit with the back being the first image though....I have a tiny brain and its rather easily confused :D
  • kotter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know snefer... I think he should spend a couple more years on refining his lensflares before he's ready for the market.
  • PAnick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ey!

OrganizedChaos: Yup, entire guy in Zbrush, kinda. There's a picture coming up veeeery soon explaining it.

njc6425: Great idea since yeah not all of them a quicksculpts. Will tag future ones with time taken. And that xnormal issue is weird. Tried decimation master? I always decimate a finished highpoly model by at least 50% and still get all details I need when I export it to obj for work in other apps.

Snefer: YEAH! LIKE TOTALLY! I'm gonna go right now even and.....wait....oh...awwww.

ZacD: Thanks for the help! Maybe not a coincidence but I followed this guy and he says more or less the exact same thing.Paint a demonic creature bust in ZBrush Great tutorial, especially for me since I have never polypainted before. Just too bad that Zbrush Layers have horrible blending. Very buggy and after a couple of overlaying layers the colors will be all wrong. I feel like Mudbox handles texturing so much better.

konstruct: An official logo...fuck, that's tempting! :D Will have to find time for that then.

Korgoth: Thanks! Man...korgoth of barbaria.....why did it get only a pilot?!

seth.: Thanks for the link! I got a hold of some conf before it all went to shit. No way I'm buying anything more for those insane prices. At least this guy is putting up all the pictures and concept art he can get a hold of: rackhamminiatures

kotter: HURP DERP I think YOU should refine your...self...a..stupid face. Shit. (I know, hard hitting burns, slow day) :)

BUT ANYWAY, here's a thing:

robot_workflow_by_panick-d4xjxz9.jpg

People on a couple of other sites kept asking about my workflow so instead of replying to them all I painted a pretty picture yay. Not a tutorial, just a little glimpse of the process. Maybe not for you dapper fellows here at PC, so instead you could crit my first try at explaining what the hell I'm doing exactly. Did I miss something, is anything unclear, is something missing? Is my horrible english unreadable etc. :D

Until next time.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    SO MUCH COOL! Thanks for all the tips!
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tacit math polycounter lvl 17
    yeah dude that's awesome. sweet looking mech. and thanks for sharing your workflow
  • BarnabyJones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love when people share their workflows so...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TTc_UUbuI"]South Park Prius thanks! - YouTube[/ame]
    Thanks
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for sharing your workflow, I've found it very helpful, especially because I'm still a bit inexperienced when it comes to hardsurface modelling in ZBrush. I was wondering how you achieved those sharp edges with very smooth surfaces? I tried modelling a handgun recently, and I used the polish brush on some edges using a mask, but I found it tricky to get clean results (like you would expect from manufactured metal work).
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeh decimating helped thanks....was never aware of this feature lol
  • Rednaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a bunch for that workflow! AWESOME :D
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    Thank you so much for the insight into your process, I want to learn hard surface zbrush and this will help :)
  • DJ_Aaron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DJ_Aaron polycounter lvl 10
    Wow man very inspiring ! i hope one day to reach this standard, i just need to keep on churning. Awsome tutorial btw, Thanks!
  • PAnick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Necrobump!

or lazybump...

ANYway...stuff I have done lately when not crunching:

uQcWn.jpg
    Render of an old sculpt.

u1bzf.jpg
    From a concept by Anthony Jones.

Zr4AF.jpg
    Quick zbrush doodle.