Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio - Jonas Axelsson, Environment Artist

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
jonas-144 polycounter lvl 6
Hi guys

Im studying game art at "The Game Assembly" in sweden.
I will be lookin for internship from august 2012 to april 2013.

This is my portfolio
Still have some minor things to add but over all it's done
And I would love to get some feedback!
Anything you might think of, dont hold back:)

Thanks

http://www.jonascg.com/

Replies

• walklikethis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great stuff man... would love to see some closer shots of the house in the Vineyard.

also the smoke is a little lack luster, but thats not too important.

everything else look pretty bang tidy. good stuff man.
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Looks sharp! I like it!
    Maybe adding HTML text for your r
  • Anthy9986
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthy9986 polycounter lvl 7
    Some very nice work :)
    Is there a reason you didn't include texture sheets for your other two scenes? Also you can't expand the texture sheet you have put up for your vineyard scene. If it is a concern of theft you could put a watermark over them.
    I find it weird that you have a comment section in your contact page. Don't know if it is really necessary.
    You could add a polycount link next to your linkedin link on your contact page.

Just a couple things I noticed hope it helps :)
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Samfisher84 polycounter lvl 9
    Wow thats amazing! Bookmarked
  • jonas-144
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jonas-144 polycounter lvl 6
    walklikethis: Thanks man:) I tried making the smoke more puffy and white but it ended up taking over to much. So I tought this looked better but I think you're right. I will give the puffy white smoke one more try. Or ill just delete the smoke.

megalmn2000: Thanks good idea ! :)

Anthy9986: Thanks for the tip about polycount link!
    Ill add the texture sheets for the other two this afternoon. And ill also fix the thexture sheet for the vineyard.

Samfisher84: thanks ;D

Oh and is putting "featured in reecap" on top of the images cheesy?
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    Your work is very awesome! Great job on that. Just a few things I think you could change:

- There's a big black space between the header and your work. I would remove it. Maybe the header itself could also be a little thinner.

- I would remove the comments section from your contact page.

- Every piece should have wires and textures flats. And preferable wires that are not from Unreal. Also you are using a lot of detail on the roof in your Trawler scene. I think it's pretty overkill.
  • urgaffel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urgaffel polycounter lvl 17
    Regarding the smoke: You could try making it a bit lighter so it's closer to white (but not completely white) and add some light wind to it. That way it wouldn't be a straight tapering column but a more curvy, natural looking smoke. Examples:

quite small, broken up smoke, fluffier smoke (which is probably a cloud but still) and this which is a painting but it looks nice.

One last thing, smoke doesn't get smaller over age, it gets bigger since the wind causes it to separate. If all else fails, paint it in :D
  • Anthy9986
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthy9986 polycounter lvl 7
    I agree with SanderDL see if you can remove the black space between the header and your work. Also you could try making your Large thumbnails larger horizontally so that there is less space between them and the edge of the page. There seems to be excessive empty space.