Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Subterranean Mayan Entrance

anatomicae_door+to+oblivion_final.jpg

Recent concept design for a cghub challenge. The challenge was to make the entrance/door to the final boss battle of a fictional game.

Replies

• WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the dripping/running lava. Are you going to model this out?
  • Somni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will when I get the chance :p
  • zakhar2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zakhar2 polycounter lvl 6
    Cool concept, but it seems a little odd how all the lava is at the same point in its fall, if that makes any sense. It seems like it *just* started flowing, instead of being there for ages, and I'd expect there to be some streams of differing widths and intensities. Also it doesnt seem to be casting that much of a glow on the rock, but that might be a personal preference. Anyways, keep it up!
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Really cool. So : where's the boss ? ^^
  • Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
  • Somni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @zakhar2: I agree with your points, I did not think of that. In the 3d model I will be adding more lava mounds where all that lava falls on. I did not add too much glow because it is distant, but I'll definitely play around with lighting in the model to see

@Texelion: the boss is inside whatever the heck that big rock thing is haha. I haven't started concepts for the boss yet, but I will.

Thanks for the comments and compliments!

I have a question: I've been using Zbrush for a bit, it's really the only 3D program I know how to use atm. So, I will be modeling this out in Zbrush. Is it possible to model a zbrush environment, and then low poly it and use it in UDK? Idk UDK but I can learn it on the spot. The way I see it, I will be making all kinds of assets on zbrush, such as the statues, but what about the ground? Would I have to model the level out on UDK or can I just low poly the whole thing on Zbrush and export it to UDK? Forgive me for my naive knowledge of 3D :p