Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Problems with Blu colored items in TF2

I was told that this could use it's own thread, so I figured I would get as in depth as possible. I start off in Blender and, using the Helljumper tutorial, export the model as an SMD with the red skin attached in the materials and textures tab.

HzPgw.jpg

The hats smd .qc looks like this;

9veom.jpg

I then go to make the VMT files, again following the steps outlined in the Helljumper tutorial for both Red and Blu.

TbEdB.jpg

After placing them in the materials folder, I decompile the Engineers Cap, for the sole purpose that that has a Red and Blu variation and that it would be easier to get to work with my 2 colors (it does not).

O3rZA.jpg

I compile, load up model viewer, and get this;

H9SDg.jpg

I'm sure I'm missing something very minor that i'll be laughed at for not knowing, but I've basically learned all this by that one video and trial and error and am at a loss for what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Detweiler
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Looks like all of your naming and stuff is correct. May sound stupid, but did you save the Landry_Blu vmt in the same spot as the red one? Also maybe Model Viewer is being a dick and just saying it can't find it. Try going to the menu and clicking Unload Weapon and see if it works then. If that doesn't work I would try removing the directory from the texturegroups so it just says "landry_red.vmt" "landry_blu.vmt". Also for future reference it'd be easier for us if you posted your .qc and .vmt files in code groups so we can copy/paste and edit them. ALSO this should be in technical talk, not pimping and previews.
  • Detweiler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Removing the directory from the texturegroups did fix it. I knew it was going to be something simple as hell.

Thanks man, that's been driving me crazy forever.